[Archive] Release date spreadsheet - includes CD stuff

wallacer:

The Lammasu and Taurus on this caught my eye:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0An-qBba7fMe1dHFsSVZpa1lVUjc5R3RuMFliNlI0TWc&hl=en_US&authkey=CN-pqc4F#gid=0

furrie:

They both say repackage and resin, does this mean the origional models will be back?

nilbog:

Very interesting. New-repackaged presumably means its the old figures cast in resin. Looks like there’s no rider as its 1 figure. Not too expensive, especially for the new finecast range.

And the dark emissary! I’ve been after one of those for years.

furrie:

When looking at the Dark Elf Dreadlord on Black Dragon and the Vampire Counts Necromancer on Nightmare, it also says one figure. So there still is a change its with rider

Bolg:

we will know in a month (:

Murdock129:

Well them being cheapish is understandable, they are noticably smaller than most other models

It’s great to see these old models back though and gives me hope for more CD’s in the future, not just from WF but possibly GW themselves

Zuh-Khinie:

Awesome!

I’ll have to buy myself a new dark emissary and thruthsayer. I had them both, together with 4 fenbeast, but they got lost when the gamingclub where I played weekly burned down… Gaming shacks aren’t always firesafe…

cornixt:

Product Name Contents Release Date USD CAD Route to Market Product Status Life Span Range Action Type

Great Taurus 1 Fig Box 23-Jul-11 $35.50 $45.00 D New - Repackaged - Active Resin

Lammasu 1 Fig Box 23-Jul-11 $35.50 $45.00 D New - Repackaged - Active Resin

$35 is pretty cheap, must have been about that much when new in metal.

snowblizz:

$35 is pretty cheap, must have been about that much when new in metal.

cornixt
Sssshhhhhhh!!!!! You *want* it to cost 60$ ???

It's gotta compete with a bunch of newer kits though. Charging less for it kinda makes sense.

wallacer:

Considering what they go for on eBay you’d have thought GW might have released these ages ago.

Still better late than never. Wonder what other CD stuff they still have the moulds for?

fonejaker:

im hoping there is a rider included as well, if not… meh no biggy

cornixt:

I don’t want it to cost more, I was just expecting it to. More like double that, especially given the ripoff resin prices. Not that I would buy them anyway, I’ve got them already.

Borador:

Sounds good. I like the fact that our evil stunties are getting some love.

Few minor things that spoil the fun for me though:

1. Failcast

2. Big Hat Era mini’s (although most of you will probably enjoy this, I’d rather seen the juggernaut or the whirlwind+tenderiser ;P)

3. GW re-releasing the great taurus, there’s one by forge world in the works right?

But besides that, this is good news!

Murdock129:

Still better late than never.  Wonder what other CD stuff they still have the moulds for?

wallacer
I'll put money on Bull Centaurs, since they sold them till comparitively recently with other CD stuff on the site. Though for that matter, the probably still have most of the moulds, maybe this is kinda a trial run, if the GT and Lammasu sell well they'll consider brining more CD's back, either as collectors items, or possibly even as a full army in a couple of years, after all they are selling well in WF and no doubt will sell very well in CF

nitroglysarine:

I think they are testing the water with the old models, so if they make a profit for the effort of casting them, they might do more.

But that’s a big fat maybe.

Thommy H:

Yeah, I think they’ve been thrown into the Storm of Magic book almost on a whim since the WF rules are coming out soon. And then they’ve got the moulds, and resin production is cheap, so why not try flogging the toys as well? They’ve nothing to lose by doing so, and they can probably expect some sales both from the WF players wanting alternatives and from the SoM players wanting to include these new creatures in their armies, however that’s going to work.

wallacer:

Yeah, I don’t think GW have much to lose by releasing them (except maybe a dip in sales for the WF Taurus).

Hopefully their enthusiasm for releasing them has some kind of correlation with how well WF’s CD sales are going, but I suspect not given how long SoM has probably been in the works for.

tackaberry:

Those are not the models I want introducing chaos dwarfs to a new generation of players though.

Bassman:

Nice to hear but my big concern is that they really are outdated models. I do not think they will sell a lot!

As an additional problem is that like most of the people here I managed to get mine from ebay ages ago…

If there were bull centaurs that would be much better…

gIL^:

Nice to hear but my big concern is that they really are outdated models. I do not think they will sell a lot!
As an additional problem is that like most of the people here I managed to get mine from ebay ages ago......
If there were bull centaurs that would be much better....

Bassman
I think the Lammasu looks great even to this day, Though the great taurus is a bit meh but is easily solved with a head replacement to make it more evil & imposing.