[Archive] Release date spreadsheet - includes CD stuff

Murdock129:

I think the Lammasu looks great even to this day, Though the great taurus is a bit meh but is easily solved with a head replacement to make it more evil & imposing.

gIL^
I'd agree with this, and theres no lack of large Beastmen models whose heads would look great on a Taurus

nitroglysarine:

I see the old models as quite small. The body of the taurus seems quite small when put up against another model. I’ve put my lammasu body up against the horses i’ve beefed up just a tab with GS and its the same size (granted ignoring the wings).

I’m sure a modern model would end up being quite a bit larger from WF.

Swissdictator:

I have two of the old Taurus and (1-2 I can’t recall) of the Lammasu. Still, if the quality if the sculpt has improved due to being recast and in resin… I may get a Taurus anyways.

Thommy H:

Still, if the quality if the sculpt has improved due to being recast and in resin
This probably won't be the case. Resin isn't the magic sculpt-improving material GW likes to pretend it is.

tackaberry:

I see the old models as quite small. The body of the taurus seems quite small when put up against another model. I've put my lammasu body up against the horses i've beefed up just a tab with GS and its the same size (granted ignoring the wings).
I'm sure a modern model would end up being quite a bit larger from WF.

nitroglysarine
They are small. I have two taurus and a lammasu.

Zuh-Khinie:

I browsed through the new WD at the store, and the taurus and lamassu don’t include a rider… so they’re really just a monster ‘for hire’ in other armies. Their backgrounds will probably include loads of CD references though.

Murdock129:

Dammit, off to eBay then

KingFisher:

Dammit, off to eBay then

Murdock129
Good news friends!

In finecast!

Thommy H:

Nice new paintjobs. I already have one of each in my army, and I’m never going to buy any Finecast dross, but it is sort of a kick to see them showing up as an official release like this.

zobo1942:

Are these for sale yet? I’d be curious to know the cost.

Borador:

Paintjob looks good, it covers the failcast plastic up nicely (:

nitroglysarine:

Ooooooooooh those are good paint jobs!

Kudos to 'eavy metal team

G.2:

Nice to see “Official” images of these two lovely models again. Having them appear in a White Dwarf magazine in in 2011, is a real achievement for GW, and a big relief that the rumours were indeed credible. The colour of the Lammasu, is very nice indeed.

Bassman:

I still think they look a bit out dated in style. But for my personal taste they look great!
It’s always cool to see official GW Chaos Dwarf stuff on the (virtual) shelves :slight_smile:

elrodogg:

Is it just me, or does releasing a bag of 8 themed magic dice seem stupid when you potentially can use 12 in a single phase?

Borador:

Is it just me, or does releasing a bag of 8 themed magic dice seem stupid when you potentially can use 12 in a single phase?

elrodogg
Means you need more than 1 set, bigger profits ;)
And putting 11 in each set was to obvious probably, so they did 8.

Just my $0.02

Tyrelli:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/blogPost.jsp?aId=17400001a

Scroll down a bit for some CD goodness

Thommy H:

Yeah, that’s already been posted in the Storm of Magic thread.

Astrogothic:

Man I want that Lamassu! Does the Finecast really melt in the sun? Lame!

snowblizz:

Man I want that Lamassu!  Does the Finecast really melt in the sun?  Lame!

Astrogothic
Mmm... not really and maybe. If it gets hot enough it will definitely melt, if it has any internal flaws then a lower temperature will probably do it, especially "weak" areas. Unfortunately you won't know if your miniature is a dud before it sags.