[Archive] Return of the Weekly Wiki?

AGPO:

Does anyone else want to see this feature make a comeback? For our newer members each week an area was posted to be the focus of everyones work on the wiki. It kinda died after the first period of downtime but I for one think the time is ripe for a comeback

Willmark:

Funny you should mention that as I was wondering myself. We should ask our resident Wiki expert Cornixt… Cornxt?

Also Ancient History has been doing a BOATLOAD of work on the wiki, check his stuff out…

AGPO:

Give that man a medal! Great minds hey Wilmark?

Thommy H:

Also Ancient History has been doing a BOATLOAD of work on the wiki, check his stuff out...
*Coughs* He isn't the only one...

Ancient History:

Aye, Tommy H has been doing a good deal of of very fine wikiwork.

cornixt:

I’ve been really busy the last few weeks, but if you look in the project section you’d see that I did start it back up (with not much response) in March

Thommy H:

The thing is: it’s a wiki. If you see an article that needs work, just go and edit it. We can’t just generate more work for people - the wiki’s scope is finite, after all. Right now, we’re having to think out of the box a bit to come up with new articles, and the rest is just tinkering for style reasons, and you need to be pretty familiar with how the wiki works to do that properly anyway.

If you think you can improve things, AGPO, just jump in!

Willmark:

Indeed (crap I’m starting to sound like Xander) kudos to Thommy as well,

Xander:

Wiki Weekly started.

While I agree with Thommy H, that it is a Wiki… the fact is, people need direction and motivation. We need the conversion sections and tactics sections up to par with the forum. The Wiki is easier to browse than the Forum, so we need to get our content on there.

Plus, all of the main entries for unit types could still use Bestiary-style write ups that are more detailed that actually contain footnotes to the proper books and sources. We still fundamentally lack proper citing, which can only come with time.

Thommy H:

Then we need to establish a proper format for unit entries. I like the [[Bull Centaur]] formatting, but I wrote that, so I’m biased.

Xander:

Then we need to establish a proper format for unit entries. I like the [[Bull Centaur]] formatting, but I wrote that, so I'm biased.

Thommy H
This is definitely on the right track. :)

Thommy H:

Right, I’m going to go on a bit of en edit drive and bring the rest of the unit entries up to scratch then. I’m still not absolutely convinced we need all those different hobgoblin units, but since they’re there I’ll sort them out too.

Xander:

If you don’t think they are needed, create redirects to subsections on a Hobgoblin Warrior thread, or something similar.

You know what you’re doing, take charge. :slight_smile:

Willmark:

Ah I love the smell of deligation in the morning!

Thommy H:

[[Chaos Dwarf Warriors]] is now looking much sexier, if I do say so myself.

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!:

cool looking juggernaut on there :slight_smile: