[Archive] Ridiculous.... No... Insane eBay pricing!

Willmark:

Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the eBay waters…

http://tinyurl.com/2stolp

http://tinyurl.com/2kgz9w

Insanity at its “finest” :rolleyes:

grunts:

OMFG Thats outrageous!!! And to think I was going to bid on that Taurus…

Canix:

yes then two NIB CD Whirlwind and tenderiser go for �32 go figure.

The taurus going for �49 was a shock :o he could of bought one from essexgirl or warhammer-crazy for less than that:sick

Willmark:

yes then two NIB CD Whirlwind and tenderiser go for �32 go figure.
The taurus going for �49 was a shock :o he could of bought one from essexgirl or warhammer-crazy for less than that:sick

Canix
Yeah I was surprised by that too. Just a couple of weeks ago the whirlwind by itself went for 59.99 US.

wallacer:

If only GW realised how obsessed some people are with CD…

Willmark:

The funny thing is if GW does release new models the bottom falls out of the market for CDs on eBay for 4th and 5th edition models. Why do I say this? Simple. Tall hat CDs were never that popular when they were originally available. Relatively speaking, there are large amounts of the 4th and 5th edition models that are still available, either on eBay or from GW. If the 4th and 5th edition models were, they would have sold better when they were an “active army” and had more support from GW and White Dwarf then they do now. I don’t believe that there are tons of other people out there buying heavily into these auctions for the sole purpose of starting Chaos Dwarf armies, or there would be a ton more activity here or on HoH then we are currently seeing. Rather a��couple of things are at work here:

1) A small number of collectors are buying the older models (I.e. 3rd edition) stuff.

2) eBay “sellers” are driving up prices and hoping to get 3 to 5 times what they won at auction.

3) Those that truly are collectors are more general, perhaps trying to get those models they couldn’t as a kid. As such; prices for the truly rare stuff, anything 3rd or earlier is unlikely to go down in either demand or price.

To sum up I don’t think/believe this is a true sign of pent up demand for Chaos Dwarfs as an army (despite our wishes to the contrary). To me it seems to be a case of opportunistic eBay vultures circling around hoping to extort all those they can.

My 2 cents YMMV.

grunts:

Wow, you ain’t kiddin’. I just saw 2 units of 15 of the plastic tallhat warriors for $50US each. and 2 units of 12 blunderbusses for the same. This is absolutely gouging!

wallacer:

But those eBay auctions run for a week. So, if they (the re-sellers) are able to pick them up cheap (prior to reselling at a profit) then presumably there is nothing to stop other people bidding on them as well at that point in time.

It’s all well and good to say that people are being gouged because they are buying items that are being re-sold at a profit, but where were those people when the items were being picked up cheaply in the first place?

It all just seems weird to me…

How are these re-sellers able to “pick stuff up cheaply” when there are apparently so many people out there willing to pay top dollar for them?

weird…

leviathan:

How are these re-sellers able to "pick stuff up cheaply" when there are apparently so many people out there willing to pay top dollar for them?

wallacer
This is what I find so confusing too. Sellers like SWSNBN used to bid (and perhaps still do) on almost every chaos dwarf item out there, so they are bound to get lucky sometimes. Although I'm sure there is more to it than this

I would be curious to know where iamahobgoblin gets his minis from, especially since my understanding is that they are all in new condition and items like that rarely show up on ebay

Canix:

How are these re-sellers able to "pick stuff up cheaply" when there are apparently so many people out there willing to pay top dollar for them?

weird...

wallacer
They catch the badly listed and incomplete ones very cheap they have limits which they are prepared to pay and this artificially lifts the price to there buying limit, this week swsnbn has purchased two CD sorc for �10.49 and �8.49
cd lord/hero �11.5
CD com group�11.53
ES �10.81
SORC on lammusu�14.22 + p&p from usa
Lammusu body �2.27
Astrothoth (painted well)�11.99
CD tenderiser �15.33
These prices inc postage so alot of profit (�150 at her mark up at least:o)if people are foolish enough to pay her prices and impatient to want it NOW because none of these items are that rare.:hat

Tallhat:

ZOMG! 20� for 3 hobgobs??? Who in the world would give that much???

- Tallhat

Willmark:

How about this:

http://tinyurl.com/2vw53o

$63.00 for a unit that can’t even be used in the current CD list???

Canix:

Then they sold for �53 over $100 Jaw dropping and rotcivbat wins the jugger for �208.55 !!!

Pyro Stick:

How about this:

http://tinyurl.com/2vw53o

$63.00 for a unit that can't even be used in the current CD list????

Willmark
At least rotcivbat didnt win that.

That taurus is stupid. What is wrong with people that spend that much.

Kera foehunter:

Wow 100.00 for a taurus thats a rip off . But they only want 4.95 to mail it:o Most of the time the mailing price is outragest.

zagor66:

You should just try and convert your own , saves on money and will most definetly look good , go for it!!

Tallhat:

Btw who is this Essexgirl? Her name pops up from time to time on the forum and I have no clue who she is.

- Tallhat

Pyro Stick:

She Who Should Not Be Named is someone on ebay who buys all the chaos dwarfs auctions she can at a low price and sells them on in her shop for extortionate prices. 4 Bull Centaurs for �80. Whirlwind and tenderisers for �50. You get the idea. Thats why iamahobgoblin started his own shop. To give everyone a good deal on CD’s and to outbid theessexxgirl on auctions.

Tallhat:

What a flippin Bastard! (Not Hobgoblin mind you) Has she actually sold 4 BC for 80 quid?

- Tallhat

Willmark:

What a flippin Bastard! (Not Hobgoblin mind you) Has she actually sold 4 BC for 80 quid?

- Tallhat

Tallhat
Yep it is insane, her pricing that is.