[Archive] Rift at the Daemon's Stump

phille:

I played a 2000pts game against the new daemons yestereday and I am pleased to say that I achieved a solid victory against the new army.  Here’s the setup:

Daemons:

Keeper of Secrets, level 3, allure of slaanesh, siren song, soul hunger

Herald of Slaanesh, level 1, allure of slaanesh, siren song, BSB, banner of -2 LD within 12"

The Masque

15 Daemonettes, full command

14 Daemonettes, full command

10 Horrors, full command, some magic banner

3 Fiends of Slaanesh

7-8 Flamers

CD’s:

CD Hero w/ armor of the furnace, shield

CD BSB w/ armor of Gazhrak

CD Sorceror w/ 2 dispel scrolls

23 CD’s with full command and warbanner

15 blunderbusses w/ champ, mus

25 hobgoblins

11 hobgoblins

11 hobgoblins

11 hobgoblins

20 Big uns w/ shields mus and banner

25 orcs shields, full command

2 bolt throwers

2 bolt throwers

Earthshaker

10 bullcentaurs, heavy armor, full command

To say the least I outnumbered him (about 2.3 to 1)

The deployment:

FL:flamers

kos:keeper

M:masque

D:daemonettes

DH:daemonettes w/ herald

HR: Horrors

F: fiends

HWB: Warriors w/ hero and BSB

BB: Blunderbuss

BU: Big uns

HG:hobgoblin full unit

H: hobgoblin 11 strong

O: orcs

BT: Bolt throwers

ES: Earthshaker

BC: Bullcentaurs

(kos)(M)(FL)(D)(HR)(DH)Fiends

(Forest)
(Forest)

(H)_(H)(H)

(HG)(BC)(BB)(O)(HWB)(BU)(BB)

___(BT)(BT)(ES)(BT)(BT)

Basically what happened:

First and foremost, little occured in the magic phase so it will be overlooked (a couple of magic missles went off but not much more)

turn 1:

flamers and kos advanced but still out of line of sight for my warmachines, daemonettes, horrors advance, fiends advance but are still hiding behind forest.

Hobgoblins advance to redirect the kos and BC’s turn to make a counter charge possible.

CD’s fire and daemonettes w/ herald and have a direct hit with the earthshaker killing three, and the bolt throwers fire at the other daemonettes killing five.

turn 2:

Kos enters line of sight and the flamers fire and bullcentaurs.  fiends move into the open

Kos secrets tempts BC’s to charge her, but they fail their terror check (quite sensibly) and flee off the board. large hobgoblin unit also fails fear check and flees off.  CD’s fail to charge the daemonettes in the flank (it was exposed) due to failed fear check.  Earthshaker misfires and bolt throwers, in a feat that is unsurpassed to my knowledge, kill the kos in a single round of shooting (about 700pts in the bag!)

turn 3: Daemonettes charge CD’s in the flank fiends charge the rightmost bolt thrower, and starts it’s advance.

Rest of the game:

Fiends advance from warmachine to warmachine until charging the orcs in the flank.  Only one fiend was in contact and fiends are eventually killed after a few turns.  The Blunderbusses charge the other unit of daemonettes on the flank and they eventually return to the realm of chaos.  In the combat where the Daemonettes flanked the CD’s my BSB challenged his BSB and after several turns, the CD BSB came out on top.  on turn 6 those daemonettes vanished into the abis.  Masque, and flamers were largely useless.

As a note, the 10 horrors and the 11 hobgoblins stared at each other for the majority of the game being about 4" apart.  Neither of us wanted to risk a charge and so we ended up just sitting there.

Final count:

VPs for Daemons 1050pts ish

VPs for CDs, 1760pts ish

Solid Victory by 700pts!

phille:

I played a 2000pts game against the new daemons yestereday and I am pleased to say that I achieved a solid victory against the new army.  Here’s the setup:

Daemons:

Keeper of Secrets, level 3, allure of slaanesh, siren song, soul hunger

Herald of Slaanesh, level 1, allure of slaanesh, siren song, BSB, banner of -2 LD within 12"

The Masque

15 Daemonettes, full command

14 Daemonettes, full command

10 Horrors, full command, some magic banner

3 Fiends of Slaanesh

7-8 Flamers

CD’s:

CD Hero w/ armor of the furnace, shield

CD BSB w/ armor of Gazhrak

CD Sorceror w/ 2 dispel scrolls

23 CD’s with full command and warbanner

25 hobgoblins

11 hobgoblins

11 hobgoblins

11 hobgoblins

20 Big uns w/ shields mus and banner

25 orcs shields, full command

2 bolt throwers

2 bolt throwers

Earthshaker

10 bullcentaurs, heavy armor, full command

To say the least I outnumbered him (about 2.3 to 1)

The deployment:

FL:flamers

kos:keeper

M:masque

D:daemonettes

DH:daemonettes w/ herald

HR: Horrors

F: fiends

HWB: Warriors w/ hero and BSB

BB: Blunderbuss

BU: Big uns

HG:hobgoblin full unit

H: hobgoblin 11 strong

O: orcs

BT: Bolt throwers

ES: Earthshaker

BC: Bullcentaurs

(kos)(M)(FL)(D)(HR)(DH)Fiends

(Forest)
(Forest)

(H)_(H)(H)

(HG)(BC)(BB)(O)(HWB)(BU)(BB)

___(BT)(BT)(ES)(BT)(BT)

Basically what happened:

First and foremost, little occured in the magic phase so it will be overlooked (a couple of magic missles went off but not much more)

turn 1:

flamers and kos advanced but still out of line of sight for my warmachines, daemonettes, horrors advance, fiends advance but are still hiding behind forest.

Hobgoblins advance to redirect the kos and BC’s turn to make a counter charge possible.

CD’s fire and daemonettes w/ herald and have a direct hit with the earthshaker killing three, and the bolt throwers fire at the other daemonettes killing five.

turn 2:

Kos enters line of sight and the flamers fire and bullcentaurs.  fiends move into the open

Kos secrets tempts BC’s to charge her, but they fail their terror check (quite sensibly) and flee off the board. large hobgoblin unit also fails fear check and flees off.  CD’s fail to charge the daemonettes in the flank (it was exposed) due to failed fear check.  Earthshaker misfires and bolt throwers, in a feat that is unsurpassed to my knowledge, kill the kos in a single round of shooting (about 700pts in the bag!)

turn 3: Daemonettes charge CD’s in the flank fiends charge the rightmost bolt thrower, and starts it’s advance.

Rest of the game:

Fiends advance from warmachine to warmachine until charging the orcs in the flank.  Only one fiend was in contact and fiends are eventually killed after a few turns.  The Blunderbusses charge the other unit of daemonettes on the flank and they eventually return to the realm of chaos.  In the combat where the Daemonettes flanked the CD’s my BSB challenged his BSB and after several turns, the CD BSB came out on top.  on turn 6 those daemonettes vanished into the abis.  Masque, and flamers were largely useless.

As a note, the 10 horrors and the 11 hobgoblins stared at each other for the majority of the game being about 4" apart.  Neither of us wanted to risk a charge and so we ended up just sitting there.

Final count:

VPs for Daemons 1050pts ish

VPs for CDs, 1760pts ish

Solid Victory by 700pts!

Xander:

Woo woo! Take that Slaanesh!

Nicely done! :slight_smile:

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

i was told that with slannesh you must get it right i don’t know what to get right but you do

Filipicusius:

With the dwarfs high leadership i’d say we can take them any day!