[Archive] Robot k'daai destroyer ideas

Zuh-Khinie:

Bought it from this guy: henrich5 on eBay

the model came with a numbered certificate of authenticity.

Da Crusha:

that is a pretty cool model. how much does he go for?

Method:

Yes, correct.

He made only 150 of them, i dunno how many are left. it comes to $131.00 US if you get one.

I love him, a pain to put together if you want the model the least bit active.

But rare enough to turn some heads.

If i didn’t use that model, I would have used the Mega ork dredd from forgeworld, like someone else posted. I think that’s the next best mini…

fattdex:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/CHAOS_DECIMATOR_DAEMON_ENGINE.html

The new forgeworld decimator thingo would make a fine destroyer. Just add more steam dri(en bits, and some burning stuff.

Vogon:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/CHAOS_DECIMATOR_DAEMON_ENGINE.html

The new forgeworld decimator thingo would make a fine destroyer. Just add more steam dri(en bits, and some burning stuff.

fattdex
Beat me to it :)

Dervish Helldance:

That’s a nice find, fattdex, not just for CD’s. I might need that once for my Iron Warriors…

fattdex:

The opening a chimera like a tin can and flaming the occupants rule is nice.

Vogon:

Is it me or is Forge World stuff getting (relatively) cheaper?

£44 for one of these with armaments doesn�?Tt seem that bad compared to say Bjorn the Fell-Handed at £30 in Finecast. Coupled with the bargain that is the Chaos Dwarf Character set at £18 for 3 heroes compared to £9.50 each for Dwarf Finecast heroes it really does seem they have changed their pricing policy.

I know that these are just two examples and that you�?Tre still selling a kidney for a titan should you want one but to me Forge World has never been more affordable

Cheers

Vogon

Wylfdd:

FORGE WORLD:

deadlydeceiver:

I love it! I’m so mad, cause I just bought (and build) a Stonehorn for my Destroyer!
I’d bend it over a bit and give it a Bull-Head… perfect match for my Jugger-Fireborn…

@ Vorgon: I think so aswell. Finecast-Infantry is indeed more expensive than FW-Counterparts. Although the bigger CD-Models (Iron Daemon, Mortar, Taurus) are still over the top. (bought them nevertheless…)

DD

theforgefather:

only 35 quid aswell!

fattdex:

wuite good actually, it sort of has bull hooves too. put a minotaur head on it, bit of greenstuff, paint it fiery. or maybe just add bull horns to the head. Might look good with a robot beard :smiley: made of cables. Job’s a good’un.

Grimstonefire:

Hmm… I’m quite torn on this model. I really like the basic shapes and the price especially (I could get three for the price of the PP one on the other page).

A few things stand out for me though. Firstly that I’m determined I’m going to make a robot with 4 legs and this one would be just as tricky as the PP one. However, the PP one is much closer to the ground and this guy does not look stunted enough for my image of a CD robot. Which makes a 4 legged conversion even harder.

Secondly that most of the cables would need to be converted/painted to look like daemonic sinew or cut away entirely.

Lastly that I’d need to scratch build the lower arms.

Just thinking out loud really. But the price alone might swing it for me, I could buy two and merge them together cheaper than the PP one.

Stampy:

Has anybody checked out the action figure from Todd McFarlane called the zodiac taurus?  I think it looks awesome and embodies the spirit of the chaos dwarfs.

cornixt:

Discussed here: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=10494

Not really a robot though.

Lava Lord:

:hat off hi all, I wasn’t that the destroyer had to be all machine? It is a construct of metal, demonic powers, and fire, lava, or magma from the fires of Hashut… Kindly correct me of any misconceptions… :cheers

Grimstonefire:

It doesn’t have to be a machine. Infact in the book it’s described as being within an armoured framework.

Really it’s whatever fits into your vision of the CD. I’ve actually been building yet another ogre sized CD robot today, this being my 4th attempt I think.

sirrah:

Is it me or is Forge World stuff getting (relatively) cheaper?

£44 for one of these with armaments doesn�?Tt seem that bad compared to say Bjorn the Fell-Handed at £30 in Finecast.  Coupled with the bargain that is the Chaos Dwarf Character set at £18 for 3 heroes compared to £9.50 each for Dwarf Finecast heroes it really does seem they have changed their pricing policy.

I know that these are just two examples and that you�?Tre still selling a kidney for a titan should you want one but to me Forge World has never been more affordable

Cheers

Vogon

Vogon
It's become super (comparatively) affordable to buy Forge World from an Australian perspective. Buying Land Raiders from Forge World is $30 AUD cheaper than buying a standard one from GW. The completely-resin Proteus is only $10 more than the standard model price. It's not even comparatively insane to do DKoK, either! A ten-man squad is only $55 AUD! Just $7 more expensive than a ten-man squad of cadians! I just scared myself writing this!!

I haven't played in years but, oh my, Australia must be teeming with DKoK armies nowadays. Forge World's quality control blows Finecast out of the water, too.

Insidious:

All good looking models, I would especially like to get my hands on one of those limited CD Titans.

Alas I picked up one of those new FW CSM Dreads they just released hoping it can double up as a Destroyer until the actual model is released but then slide right into my CSM 40k Army hehe.