[Archive] Roma Rattus (Skaven blog)

dedwrekka:

Hello all. Aside from (avoiding) building my Chaos Dwarf army I’m building on my Skaven army.

A few units I’ve been working on:

The Auxilia Clanrats:

The Rattuites (Giant Rats)

The Spatha Rats (clanrats, aka the Testudo Rats)

kefas:

very interesting idea! rats from Tilea! :slight_smile:

tjub:

Hehe, everybody seems to have a skaven army up their sleve… Odd, but cool theme!

Kera foehunter:

Roman skaven !!! now that a sign of a madd man

dedwrekka:

A unit filler for my Socii Pestilencia:

Also my entry into the painting competition on the UE (A lot less stringent on not showing the entries beforehand)

Swissdictator:

Now. That. Is. Cool.

Very nice work, tell us how you did it! I love the glow effect, but I’m way to nervous about trying it for my own stuff… that seems to require a lot of forethought

Kera foehunter:

i have to get some of throws rum making rats

that is a cool paint job Dedwrekka does it glow in the dark to

dedwrekka:

Now. That. Is. Cool.

Very nice work, tell us how you did it! I love the glow effect, but I'm way to nervous about trying it for my own stuff... that seems to require a lot of forethought

Swissdictator
For the most part it was simply a matter of finding where the light would strike the model when put together. Any place that the light would strike, I painted using only greens using Dark Angels Green and Catachan Green as a base. Anything metal got highlighted up to a very light pastel green, anything that would be darker, like fur, got highlighted up to Goblin Green, then given a wash of Thraka Green to shade it.

The areas where the light didn't strike, I have to give all credit to GW's Washes for. After painting up the rest of the model normally I gave the areas consecutive washes of Badab Black until I felt I felt the shading was right. Areas further away from the light got more washes than those closer to it.
i have to get some of throws rum making rats

that is a cool paint job Dedwrekka  does it glow in the dark to

Kera foehunter
I wish, I shot the picture in an area with good lighting, but with the model under shade. Which makes the green "glow" pop out. It was a pain to try and get right, putting it in direct light made the lighter greens way too light.

Here's a couple of the same angles done with direct lighting on the model, instead of having the model in the shade.

Kera foehunter:

That still so cool !!!that’s going to be my next step in painting i always love it

under shading rules