[Archive] Rozmax (TFM) is doing a mounted evil Dwarf Lord

clam:

Rozmax have posted his newest work over at the Troll Forged Miniatures Forum.

It’s an early WIP of what should be a mounted (evil) Dwarf Lord - apparently mounted on a giant squig?

You’ll find the thread here: http://trollsforge.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=wip&action=display&thread=1191

Pyro Stick:

apparently mounted on a giant squig?

clam
I seriously hope not. Apart from that it looks like its going to turn out good.

clam:

I’m not that kean on the idea about a squig eighter - would have hope he would have done a evil/daemonic creature instead. But I’ll judge it, when we see a bit more.

Da Crusha:

Wow I like progress Ill probably get it for my collection, not too keen on the squig or the mohawk, deamonic mount would be cooler.

wallacer:

I’d rather have one on a Taurus…

Da Crusha:

I'd rather have one on a Taurus...

wallacer
me too or just a mounted model, I already got a great taurus and I'd rather not have to buy another one just to get this mini.

clam:

As a few of you have seen, Rozmax have now updated the thread at TFM - but sadly not here as well :frowning:

He must have forgotten to do so :rolleyes:

The squig is done nicely - but way to Orky (if you ask me) :frowning: - looks much more like a second mount option for his Orc warboss.

And gamevise it’s useless. We need something with wings :wink:

Snotling:

He forgot us?! No way, without us, nobody would be interessted in Chaosdwarfs, we ARE the Chaosdwarfs! :hat

Hehe, whatever… Well, the dwarf looks very good, but the skulls on the beard could have sharper edges. I mean, I would be happy if I would have sculpted them, but Rozmax has higher standards ^^. I don’t really like a dwarf riding a giant Squig (even if the model looks great!), something else… something like a mixture of elephant and rhino plus “evil” would be cool. I hope he also gets tack…

Sjoerdo:

Squig model is very nice! Did he also sculpt that one?

I like the concept og the dwarf, very chaotic, but most of the details are very soft…

Also when his left hand is added, his left arm will be as long as his entire body…

But overall very nice!

Thorne:

It was all good till I saw the squig sighs

Willmark:

Heh SLUG ATTACK!

In all seriousness the figure looks good, even the slug, its just that it seems out of place for a chaos dwarf.

Pyro Stick:

The squig is nicely done but it totally does not work with the chaos dwarf. I guess he is just doing his own thing instead of what would actually work with chaos dwarfs that are already available. Im probably not going to be buying one and i see loads of O&G players buying it just for the squig and scraping the chaos dwarf.

Rozmax:

All many thanks for responses!

Concerning a steed - all is simple)) It is my old model of which I do not find applications. Therefore I have decided to use it! But I can, under your requests to make change. But it would not be desirable to leave towards bulls and wild boars. I can I will think over what that more chaotic animal.

What do you think apropos manticora?

Willmark:

If anything this cool figure needs a mechanical daemon driven steed.

Pyro Stick:

All many thanks for responses!
Concerning a steed - all is simple)) It is my old model of which I do not find applications. Therefore I have decided to use it! But I can, under your requests to make change. But it would not be desirable to leave towards bulls and wild boars. I can I will think over what that more chaotic animal.

Rozmax
I think you should make a night goblin character for the squig then i would probably buy it but for the chaos dwarf im going to say either a mechanical steed like willmark suggested or if you dont want to do a bull maybe some kind of small dragon or something. That would be interesting and unique.

Snotling:

. I can I will think over what that more chaotic animal.

Rozmax

A mount for a CD has to be something strong and bulky. Like a bull but not a bull ^^. You should imagine some kind of animal with looks kind of a real animal, but also not. think about bears without fur horn plates, elephants with scales and tusks (and fur :)) or rhinos with... even more horn plates and horns! A dwarf mount has to be like a train, heavy hardcore.
manticor?!... please not. they are lions, they look too "noble" and skinny for CDs and they are mounted by... elves *spit*

Firehammer:

The squig sculpt is nice. While I also don’t like its use as an evil dwarf mount, still there might be an explanation fitting the background:

This Lord is supervising the (established) breeding of Black Orcs by Chaos Dwarfs. In his free time, he bred this giant squig using the same techniques, just to show off and impress his Taurus riding colleagues.

BTW since you asked: my favorite mount would be a Gorgon (mechanical bull, juggernaught sized).

Swissdictator:

If anything this cool figure needs a mechanical daemon driven steed.

Willmark
I totally agree with Willmark on this. Either that or a Great Taurus.

Zanko:

BTW since you asked: my favorite mount would be a Gorgon (mechanical bull, juggernaught sized).

Firehammer
I agree with Firehammer - a Gorgon would be an ideal choice! ;P

:hashut

Da Crusha:

Firehammer
where do you get that definition of a gorgon I look it up and find stuff on a mythical women monster.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorgon