[Archive] ryanamandaanna 2012 (pic heavy)

ryanamandaanna:

I’ve never been very good at keeping tabs on what/how much I’ve painted in the course of a year, so I’m going to use this thread to do just that.  There may be some crossover between this and other threads, but you’ll get the point.  ;)  Question:  should terrain and other odds and ends count as models painted for a yearly count?

anyways; here are the first offerings for 2012:

5 Bull Centaurs

Taur’ruk

Banner Bearer:

Musician:

Renders:

Heldenhammer:

skull/magic circle island:

weird castle island thingie:

shipwreck 1:

shipwreck 2:

2 steering wheels:

so… if we’re counting terrain, that puts me at 12 for the year-- otherwise I’m only sitting at 6.  Questions?  Comments?  ;)

Nicodemus:

Great way to kick off 2012! Excellent start.

Galladorn:

Strong start to the new year!

vulcanologist:

Really nice bull centaurs!

Kera foehunter:

Love the slayer !! Bull centaurs

so what did you do with the legs ???

the Grey beards look good on them

ryanamandaanna:

Thanks! The slayer legs are still there, they’re just under a layer of green stuff. :wink: I used the slayer box set from Avatars of War.

ryanamandaanna:

11 more models for the tally:

11 more hobgoblins

23 for the year so far…

vulcanologist:

Really nice hobgoblins! Basing is great!

ryanamandaanna:

Well, since the voting is done for round one of brush slave, I can post these now. I was worried from the pic that it was a little misleading, but I actually painted 13 models for this round… Unfortunately, my camera has a very narrow focus range, so only the front rank was in focus (I also didn’t realize I could submit more than one pic)-- most people probably only thought I painted the 3 in front. I’ll take better picks of the titan models I painted. This brings my total to 36 for the year so far. The real number is actually higher, but I’m keeping stuff in reserve for brush slave. :wink:

ChungEssence:

Loving the command figures.

You sir have some great painting skill.

I’ve recently gotten some FW IG with fireglaives and i’m pondering copying your colour scheme for them. I love how you’ve managed to make the beards look. Really impressed with your work

Shimsham:

I like your bull centaurs, but some look like they are a little “happy”, maybe like they’ve seen some cow centaurs?

ryanamandaanna:

Appreciate the kind comments. :smiley: The beards were pretty simple, but now that they’ve changed the color scheme names, I’m not sure what to say the colors are…

Cow centaurs would actually be pretty funny to make. :wink:

Here’s the “Glorious Rot” entry I did for Brush Slave; I have more to add to this soon. I believe this bring’s my count up to 42 for the year; although I’ve painted more than that. :wink:

ryanamandaanna:

Appreciate the kind comments. :smiley: The beards were pretty simple, but now that they’ve changed the color scheme names, I’m not sure what to say the colors are…

Cow centaurs would actually be pretty funny to make. :wink:

Here’s the “Glorious Rot” entry I did for Brush Slave; I have more to add to this soon. I believe this bring’s my count up to 42 for the year; although I’ve painted more than that. :wink: