[Archive] Rykarth the Unbreakable!

AGPO:

Gah! These are just more normal characters with a bit of background added for good measure. At least we nw have a bit of background in 7th edition. No model will be forthcoming as all the others are conversions.

metro_gnome:

Gah! These are just more normal characters with a bit of background added for good measure.

AGPO
and about 25 points worth of free stuff... but yeah thats about the size of it...

hal:

Gah! These are just more normal characters with a bit of background added for good measure. At least we nw have a bit of background in 7th edition.
That may be so but it's still nice to see Chaos Dwarfs get a mention and I'll take anything we can get. It's just a baby-step but a step nonetheless.

marine281:

I really like this character. He has great qualities. So he gives up +100 VICTORY points. He will be able to make a bigger impact in cc.

AGPO:

I suppose anything is welcome, but you only get the extras in Nemesis Crown mega battles. I’m not worried about extra VPs, after all, that’s no different to a normal BSB, and we should be more optimistic

someone2040:

Oh this is a bit annoying. They changed his fluff. Courageous? this doesn’t sound like Chaos Dwarf speak to me. I much prefer the stare-down competition he had with Archaon.

Slaver_of_Zharr:

:sick that new fluff is awful “Stout-hearted and disciplined warriors”??? we are not Dawi!!! yet that is what it is like they are describing, and “paragon of toughness, resolve, and cunning” the only remotely CD part in that it was cunning:(

Xander:

Archaon stuff must be copyrighted to Gav Thorpe or something and GW US got in some trouble. The new fluff is a lot less interesting.

cornixt:

I’ve reconsidered my position on the character. He seems okay and a BSB with a great weapon can’t be that bad.

angryboy2k:

Archaon stuff must be copyrighted to Gav Thorpe or something and GW US got in some trouble.��The new fluff is a lot less interesting.

Xander
Wow, it certainly is. That's really sad.

Steve

Grimstonefire:

What matters more IMO is that fluff wise they’ve given us a chance to build this guy into something a LOT more. By the end of the campaign he could be a lot more important and impressive fluffwise if we work hard.

Hashut’s Blessing:

I prefer the old fluff and STILL don’t like the use of toughness if he is only T4… Courageous isn’t the word I’d use, personally.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

I’d also prefer “ruthless” to “courageous”.

AGPO:

He just doesn’t seem very chaos dwarfy any more…:frowning: Personally, I think we should just stick to the old fluff, that’s what I’ll be doing at any rate. The US site has probablly contradicted the direction games dev. have gone with the fluff, either for Archaon or the Chaos Dwarfs. I guess GD “asked” them to change it.

hal:

It’s quite petty IMO that GW would have them change the fluff just because mentioning Archaon.

AGPO:

Its not that it mentions Archaon, its that it doesn’t match their own fluff (whether released or not) GW can be quite hypocritical with this at times. Not only will they stop branches like the websites or WD printing contradictory fluff, but then go and totally change something, they also give an excuse that it affects people who have themed their armies, then takes unitsa out of armies, or changes the rules so that those uits are now useless

Grimstonefire:

Check the description. He’s gone back to the original fluff again!

http://nemesis.us.games-workshop.com/hobby/gaming/usscenarios/drampersonae/default.htm

I think GW was getting way too many questions about whether it was pre or post SoC. They tried to be sneaky and make it either but they’ve relented.

AGPO:

In my opinion the campaign is clearly post Storm of Chaos as otherwise Archaon would have made a bid for the crown… I’m pleased to see they’ve gone back to the old fluff though, its much better IMO