[Archive] Sabertusks = BC?

WarplockMonkey:

Hey folks!

After looking at a saber tusk model on a ogre forum…it struck me how bull-like its body was…so with a bit of Paint magic, i turned this:

Into THIS:

What do you think guys?

- Warplock

Kera foehunter:

well i say if we can get you back to making cd!!! this might be the way to bringe you back !! i think you have an great idea

the cat is taller and longer than the old bull centaur!!

but he could be the hero !!!or a big bad mofo of a bullcentaur

so.sad:

mh, i guess this could actually work. As Kera mentioned these are a little larger then I expect BC bodies to be, but thats my personal impression.

From all I know these are the best bull body replacements GW came up with till now. They are metal though.

Anyway, great idea, can somebody try this one? If it works properly I’ll probably stop working on Grudge pony based BC’s…

Obsidian:

Hmm, it might work…

I know the sabre tusk’s body is pretty big compared to the BC bodies but when used for a lord or special character it would be cool!

snowblizz:

Hmm, it might work...

I know the sabre tusk's body is pretty big compared to the BC bodies but when used for a lord or special character it would be cool!

Obsidian
I'd say the possibility of Bullcentaurs being increased in size a bit would be rather high. If ever redone I mean.

tjub:

I like the idea, alot! :slight_smile:

slev:

The question is how large a figure you need to put at the top? Ogre/Chaos Warrior/Marauder/Dwarf torso, depending on the size of the Sabretusk.

Otherwise, the idea seems sound, and then some.I’m hoping to have certain projects done before Winter Stabcon. If I can finish them by Christmas, I’ll use my Christmas/Birthday/NY holiday to try this out.

demonicprince20:

that is a pretty good idea. My friend has a couple of saber tusks he does’nt want. I might try that

Baggronor:

What about those new Chaos Knight legs? They’re all Chaosy (obviously) and plastic to boot. They’re pretty heavy-looking.

GRNDL:

I think Warplock needs to put his putty where his mouth is and do the conversion, so we can see. :slight_smile: I’m sure he’ll rise to the occasion. He usually does.

WarplockMonkey:

I think Warplock needs to put his putty where his mouth is and do the conversion, so we can see. :)  I'm sure he'll rise to the occasion. He usually does.

GRNDL
Well...of course i WOULD...but a) i dont have a sabertusk model to try it out on, and b) most of my time is basically taken up with a commision for a just about scratch-built Kairos Fateweaver model...its taking an age to do :|

-Warplock

Hashut’s Blessing:

It looks good and I hope you pull it off. However, my two main problems are more about how you will be successful rather than a problem with how it looks. After all: cutting through a neck that thick will be hard (I guess buying all those sabretusks will also be expensive) and then there’s the matter of making a dwarf torso wide enough or the cat’s neck thin enough to match up nicely.