[Archive] Say goodbye to the chaos dwarf hellcannon

gIL^:

Admiral:

Sad to see, it’s one of GW’s best miniatures ever made. The market for it is probably saturated, though. And it hung on for far longer than the other Storm of Chaos models, all of which were gorgeous. I just hope it will get replaced with something similarly snazzy.

And, should GW or Forgeworld return to Chaos Dwarfs in the future, I hope at least part of the range will be heavily based on the style of the Hellcannon and its crew.

Farewell to a gem of an artillery piece. :hat off

Also, kudos to Games Workshop for giving us a discontinued miniatures warning beforehand.

gIL^:

I was actually never a fan of the warmachine itself. The crew are flawless though.

It does mean that Chaos Dwarfs are probably not to be touched for quite some time, but we already knew that. GW are ramping down most products to about 5 boxes per faction.

Admiral:

Well, we’re used to that, aren’t we. :wink:

cornixt:

I should probably get around to finishing mine - the better the model, the longer it takes me to paint because I get so worried about ruining it.

All miniatures get discontinued at some point, but this one held on for much longer than most for a good reason.

Grimbold Blackhammer:

The Hellcannon has been a staple in my army for a lot of years so I’ll be sad to see this guy go. Mr Hellcannon, you shall be missed! :hat off

Admiral:

Thanks for the heads-up, gIlL^! Me and my mates decided to throw in a last-minute order. Throgg had already gone, but two Hellcannons for the battery and some Skaven stuff was claimed.

gIL^:

Thanks for the heads-up, gIlL^! Me and my mates decided to throw in a last-minute order. Throgg had already gone, but two Hellcannons for the battery and some Skaven stuff was claimed.

Admiral
If you want to shift the hellcannon crew let me know. i can always do with more. :hat off

Admiral:

Haha, sorry, but I’m also overly fond of them and wish they were available separately so you could order 30 of them in a bunch. :wink:

BeeZharr:

It’s Finecast and they’re getting rid of all Finecast stuff, so still hope for a plastic replacement. Not holding my breathe though…

Admiral:

GW is getting rid of their plastic Forsaken, too. We should expect a lot of WHFB kits, old or new, to disappear from the webstore as stock run out.

gIL^:

Haha, sorry, but I'm also overly fond of them and wish they were available separately so you could order 30 of them in a bunch. ;)

Admiral
I did. when the bits site existed

Abecedar:

Two is enough for me, metal of course. And there is always our standard fall back position. Make your own.

Grollbringer:

Sad to see one of the best miniatures will be gone :(.

Petterwass:

I should probably pick up a second but they’re kinda bad in 9th Age which my club is transitioning into so I think I’ll skip it.

Admiral:

Rules can change for the better, so if you want the Hellcannon for the collection’s sake, don’t miss the chance before they go for silly money on Ebay. :wink:

Dînadan:

Rules can change for the better, so if you want the Hellcannon for the collection's sake, don't miss the chance before they go for silly money on Ebay. ;)

Admiral
Or better yet buy ten and flog nine on eBay after they start going for silly money :p

Grimstonefire:

Makes me think we were so lucky to have the FW range made. If it had been a year later it probably would’ve never got done.

furrie:

I was actually never a fan of the warmachine itself. The crew are flawless though.

It does mean that Chaos Dwarfs are probably not to be touched for quite some time, but we already knew that. GW are ramping down most products to about 5 boxes per faction.

gIL^
it could also mean that chaos dwarfs will get an update soon, but I think thats jsut whisfull thinking

furrie:

gIL^
it could also mean that chaos dwarfs will get an update soon, but I think thats jsut whisfull thinking