[Archive] Say goodbye to the chaos dwarf hellcannon

Doombeard:

If you followed the AoS hype much over the last year since its release, you will have heard rumours about the Steamhead Duardin, a kind of Steam-powered Dwarf faction including a giant steam powered Golum in the shape of a human, and the Orruk release points to Chaos Dwarfs being the creators and engineers of war machinery and slaves of Orruks, making them powerful weaponry and crewing their warmachines . If you think about it, it kind of makes sense with the End Times fluff, what with Grimgor Ironhide ascending to a god and being the one who owned Zharr Nagrund and brought the Chaos Dwarf Empire crashing down to its feet.

Now an optimist would say that this ending of the Hellcannon could be making way for those future new releases. And that both the Vanilla dwarf Steamhead Duardin and Orruk Chaos dwarves slaves, along with the Fyreslayers, will provide plenty of cool modelling and conversion options for the future. But then since AoS came out optimism has been in pretty short supply in these parts!

Admiral:

Nice! Tables turned on the enslavers of the Chaos Dwarfs in the AoS setting. Appropriate fluff twist. Looking forward to see what comes out of it model-wise. :slight_smile:

Horace:

I think 90% of the old range will be phased out as and when they can replace it with crappy new AoS stuff. I very much doubt Chaos Dwarfs will exist as we know them

Admiral:

Not much of any faction will exist as we know them now, in that case. That’s to expected, of course, and is part of the creative cycle. But don’t be surprised if GW eventually returns to WHFB and the Old World in some format to mine the abandoned vein, possibly in parallel with Age of Sigmar.

Petterwass:

Rules can change for the better, so if you want the Hellcannon for the collection's sake, don't miss the chance before they go for silly money on Ebay. ;)

Admiral
I have one. I can always convert up another if I should feel the need to

Doombeard:

On a side note, The Hellcannon Warscroll in AoS , has the keywords Duardin on it, whereas the Legion of Azgorh Chaos Dwarves have the keyword Zharr Goroth . Interesting theres a difference, as all other races who have other races equivalents share the same keyword, ie trolls - Troggoth (chaos and destruction) , Humans - Mortals (chaos and order) . Nobody seems to know what the Zharr Goroth keyword stands for yet.

Admiral:

It could come down to some unsynchronization between GW and FW, but it could also be intentional. I wonder if the Dwarfs/Duardin enslaved by Greenskins will go under a special name? Perhaps Zharr Goroth denotes independent, unenslaved CDs in AoS.

Dînadan:

Could the intention of FW be for CDs to be unaffected by any special rules/abilities/spells/etc that affect Duardin?

BABIS:

It could come down to some unsynchronization between GW and FW

Admiral
Knowing the past, it seems very plausible...

Skink:

Guys, as far as I know FW stuff has never been considered “canon” by GW. For what we know “Zharr Goroth” is just a name invented by FW to identify their Chaos Dwarf range, irregardless of existing background or GW’s approval. I mean, the two brands never really worked together, and in 8th edition the only thing that GW did was giving CDs the official status uttering a general statement on the lines of “all FW material is playable in our tournaments”.

Abecedar:

Conspiracy.

They have now put the word Zharr into their publications or writing. Next step is they claim they own it and it is their property and subsequently threaten to sue us for its use.

Xander:

Came to pay my respects. I still have my metal one in pieces, though I molded a bunch ot for my conversions over the years.

I recently pulled out my whole Chaos Dwarf army and put it into my new display case. Made me nostalgic for the good old Ravening Hordes days. :slight_smile:

I’ve been working on my Tzeentch Chaos Warriors lately, maybe I’ll get some pics up soon. I’ve had them ready to paint for so long that they spanned multiple army books. They are sort of an army without rules, but with the new Chaos book for AoS, it doesn’t seem like the core units have changed all that much, so I might tune it for that, slightly (though, I am keeping my square bases). Sorry for the off-topic spew! :wink: