[Archive] Scouts

ross_lionheart:

:hatWhats the best way of dealing with scouts?

grunts:

My weapon of choice is either a lord on a taurus or wolf riders. Most of the scout units out there are not the toughest combatants (with the exception of dwarf rangers).

n10cd123:

Most scout units are incredibly weak like previously mentioned.

I would just stick a line of archers or blunderbusses between your warmachines and where you think they will deploy.

I’ve completely ignored them also. If they cant get to the warmachines they end up putzing around behind your lines and not really doing much. None of them can stand up to a real unit even if they get a rear charge.

Tallhat:

Shoot the hell out of the with blunderbusses!! Or failing that charge them with your Hobgob wolf riders. IMO I find it a bit over the top to use a Taurus for this task.

- Tallhat

Uzkul Werit:

With Scouts, use a Great Taurus. They’ll generally be on route to his true target so stopping by for a turn and flaming them is a good idea.

wallacer:

Well, you could stick a hobgoblin hero or wizard with the warmachines, depending on the size of the game.

Most of your ranked units should just be able to ignore scouts. If you’re really worried about them just deploy with a denied flank and don’t let them get in behind you.

Willmark:

Hobbos on wolves are another alternative.

Tallhat:

And cheap too.

- Tallhat

Willmark:

Much better then wasting one’s lord on a taurus methinks. They are scouts for cripes sake. If I was playing against a CD army and my opponent sent his flying mounted CD Lord against my scouts I’d be jumping for joy. Talk about wasting your time not to mention points!

Tallhat:

Much better then wasting one's lord on a taurus methinks. They are scouts for cripes sake. If I was playing against a CD army and my opponent sent his flying mounted CD Lord against my scouts I'd be jumping for joy. Talk about wasting your time not to mention points!

Willmark
My point exactly.

- Tallhat

metro_gnome:

well if your taurus was to deal with scouts early…

it wouldn’t get too far ahead of your army… which is always the danger…

and he wouldn’t really have to fight them… terror or the breath weapon can sometimes disperse them like leaves…

that said i dont usually put a taurus down… so wolfboyz or wolfboz will deal best with the little bleeders…

grom:

Much better then wasting one's lord on a taurus methinks. They are scouts for cripes sake. If I was playing against a CD army and my opponent sent his flying mounted CD Lord against my scouts I'd be jumping for joy. Talk about wasting your time not to mention points!

Willmark
especially when you would play lizardmen army based on skinks ;)