[Archive] Scratch built Bolt Thrower tutorial

wallacer:

I can’t remember if this has been posted here before or not. It is a tutorial on how to scratch build an Orc Bolt thrower, which could just as easily be a Hobgoblin bolt thrower.

It’s not really a conversion, so if any of the mods want to move this post somewhere else go for it.

http://z2.invisionfree.com/herdstone/index.php?showtopic=11342

Pyro Stick:

Thats awesome. I might give that ago. If anyone tries this dont spray it at the end. I think the spray melts that kind of foamboard.

Ingrown:

Their great man, is it your design/idea? i might have to alter mine as i’ve never really bin happy with the bow on them

Dracomancer:

Their great man, is it your design/idea? i might have to alter mine as i've never really bin happy with the bow on them

Ingrown
Actually its by a guy called "thecoldwarrior" over on the Herstone, he does a lot of stuff like that, usually using styrene (the reason i'm trying to track some down in fact).

Traitor King:

Indeed, He makes alsorts of goodys out of styrene, including amazing weopens and the most amazing skaven-gun-thingy-ma-bob I’ve ever seen.

Never actully read this guide before so it was good to see it!

Khan!:

This guide is really awesome. Perhaps we should sticky it?

Xander:

Great link, worth a slave.

wallacer:

Great link, worth a slave.

Xander
Excellent. I'll name this one "Rupert".

Traitor King:

Hes another guide by thecoldwarrior, this time showing how to make simple styrene weopens:

Clicky Clicky

Its not as detailed as the other guide but its still quite good.

On another note, where would I get some of this styrene?

It sounds pretty useful…

cornixt:

I got mine from general craft shops but I see it most often in model train stores. I’ve been slowly building a mechanical walker using bits of it. Maybe I’ll post pics of it eventually.

Undeadninjas:

I made an Space Ork dreadnaught out of the stuff. Its not all that good, but its very orky. I’ll post a picture if anyone wants to see it.

hal:

Great link wallacer, this’ll deffo come in handy.