[Archive] Scribe's Contest II - Voting!

Admiral:

Welcome to the voting thread for the 2nd Scribe’s Contest writing competition, sponsored by Zanko!

How to vote:

Please submit 3 numbers as votes by sending a PM to Scribe account (a special account all Staff members can access). We had 10 entries this time, which means each entrant will receive 10 slaves once the winners have been announced. There will be Gold, Silver, and Bronze Scribe’s Contest medals to be awarded, though this time around there will be only one Gold winner and prize receiver (decided by vote-off in case of a tie).

Each (more or less) anonymous entry is numbered ranging from 1 to 10. There is no need to specify which one you think is 1st, 2nd or 3rd. Simply list the three that you like we will do the rest.

Voting will close at 11:59 PM Feb 15th, 2015 EST (Eastern Standard Timezone).   Once the votes are tallied we will post the results.

Mivrash Faz for proofreading the entries!

Note: Since we had 10 entries this time around, timed open poll voting would have come into effect. It will not be used, however. It was long ago it was used last time in a competition, but more importantly it weakens the voting.

Remember, the Gold winner’s prize will be one unpainted set of miniature of Titan Wargames Dwarf Heavy Infantry Command, courtesy of Zanko:

Great job folks and good luck!

The Staff

TheHoodedMan:

Hi there, great work everybody!

I finally found the entry where inspiration and well done writing meet best from my point of view.

@Staff: But I couldn`t vote it seems, there was an error reply “invalid poll” or something like that.

Admiral:

Yes, great work everyone! There is quite a variety and quality of writing in there. I thoroughly enjoyed reading through all entries.

That is because this thread was originally launched as a timed open poll as per forum rules, but Bloodbeard correctly pointed out that it is an inferior voting method since you can see who takes the lead, and voting for just one not three will also make for a winner-takes-it-all-scenario. As such, the original thread got deleted quickly and replaced with this one. Scribe account voting is in effect now, just like last time and as it have been for all the recent GH/AC contests. :slight_smile:

TheHoodedMan:

Good decision, thank you.

DAGabriel:

Well done all ye scribbling artists,

some nice and humorous stories and I had to ponder for some time to reduce it to 3 favorites, but my vote is in.

Bloodbeard:

I’m surprised of the quality here - good job. First read has left out 2 entries, and my own of cause. Will read a couple of times more to narrow it further down.

@Herby: Your entry is absolutely brilliant. Had me laughing for a long time.

Forgefire:

Vote is in! Good work!

Bloodbeard:

Found three favourites and my votes are in.

Dînadan:

Some nice entries here, although some I feel didn’t convey the theme of hobgoblins as middle management as per the contest outline. That said, I still enjoyed some of those others :slight_smile:

Can’t really guess who’s is who’s other than Herby.

MadHatter:

Varied and great entries. Made some great reading from the phone while I’ve been down with the flue here.

My votes are in!

Bloodbeard:

Bumping the thread as I just had a re-read again. Good stuff.

I feel really bad for the old wolf raider - poor guy. Makes me sad that the Dawi Zharr treat a seasoned veteran like that. I’ve decided to make a terrain piece, a field with him scarecrowing on it. As a tribute.

Abecedar:

Well my votes went in, but I sorta wanted to vote for more than just three.

Dînadan:

I feel really bad for the old wolf raider - poor guy. Makes me sad that the Dawi Zharr treat a seasoned veteran like that. I've decided to make a terrain piece, a field with him scarecrowing on it. As a tribute.

Bloodbeard
On the plus side, at least there's less chance of being hit by an arrow, disemboweled by a spear or having parts lopped off by a sword. And I imagine crops would be tended by human slaves rather than Greenskins, so at least the farmhands working around him won't all be sadistic. The weather on the other hand...

DAGabriel:

I feel really bad for the old wolf raider - poor guy. Makes me sad that the Dawi Zharr treat a seasoned veteran like that. I've decided to make a terrain piece, a field with him scarecrowing on it. As a tribute.

Bloodbeard
Lol, wanted to do the same but won`t find the time in the near future. Really interested how your idea turns out.

Admiral:

Such a terrain piece would be great. :slight_smile:

Yes, it was hard to narrow the votes down to just three… So much quality.

Last day of voting, folks. Get yer votes in! :wink: