[Archive] Scribe's Contest VI - Winners!

Admiral:

[align=center][/align]

Winners of Scribe’s Contest VI: Tales of Darkness - Chaos Dwarf Myths and Legends

"Thus he lost half his kingdom, and their souls all howled in torment everafter…"

1st Place - Gold Scribe Winner: Entry #2 - Ikkred Pyrhelm

2nd Place - Silver Scribe Winner: Entry #7 - Abecedar

3rd Place - Bronze Scribe Winner: Entry #4 - Fuggit Khan

And an honourable mention to Entries #1 - Dînadan, #3 - Roark & #5 - Admiral! (Who all trailed Bronze by one vote.)

The Entry Key!

You can share your love for each entry (found here) by donating slaves to the owners of the entries!

01 - Dînadan

02 - Ikkred Pyrhelm

03 - Roark

04 - Fuggit Khan

05 - Admiral

06 - Grimbold Blackhammer

07 - Abecedar

Slaves and medals are incoming! If you wonder how many votes your entry received, PM me.

And now for the Gold prize! The Gold winner receives one unpainted Animated Dwarf Statue of Ancient Times miniature, donated by Admiral:

[align=center][/align]

The winner will be contacted shortly via PM or E-mail.

A big “thanks” to everyone who participated and voted!

Let’s see the entries in the blogs of everyone who entered. Also, please post them as new threads in the Stories and Background section of the CDO Forums. :wink:

That concludes the sixth instalment of Scribe’s Contest. It is an important addition to the growing mass of Chaos Dwarf and Hobgoblin culture texts accumulated on CDO. Well done, everyone!

Stay tuned for Golden Hat!

The Staff

Fuggit Khan:

Tough competition to be sure…only one of my votes made it.

Well done Mr Ikkred Pyrhelm, a great story to be sure:hat off

And I have to admit, I’m stunned that I won a medal, all of the other entries were better than mine I think. But my thanks to those of you who liked my effort anyways :cheers

Roark:

Well done Fuggit, Abecedar and especially Ikkred. Have the loremaster seal these great works into the Ancient Tome of Popular Consensus!

Ikkred Pyrhelm:

I think I still need a few more minutes to recover…

That was probably the hardest vote(s) i’ve had to make in a story contest. Even as I was writing the voting PM, I was still finding myself having second thoughts. I’m blown away I got into the top three, let alone nabbing the shiniest plate. A pint o’ dark mead for everyone for such outstanding pieces! :cheers

And 13,000 thanks to all those who enjoyed my tale. :smiley:

Roark:

Oh, and two of my votes got in!

Dînadan:

Congrats to the winners, all three of my votes won.

Abecedar:

Thank you to the votee’s and well done Ikrrid and Fuggit

Jackswift:

A belated congrats to all the winners! Well crafted. These will make great additions to the growing CD background! Cheers,