[Archive] Scribe's Contest XII

Admiral:

Good to know! Will test it out in future contest threads.

One potential issue could be that it’s not possible (not even in PC-adapted mode, on my Android) to edit posts while on phone. So that if I happen to be away and the deadline needs to be extended as a result, the ticking clock in the first post might draw eyes away from new posts in the announcement thread about extended deadline. But time will tell. I like gadgets. :slight_smile:

Cheers!

Jackswift:

This is the first thing that caught my eye from that post

Don’t buy ‘A’ Chinese junk.

Fuggit Khan
Pretty sure there there is a great Chaos Dwarf naval themed story joke buried in there…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
it’s not possible (not even in PC-adapted mode, on my Android) to edit posts while on phone.

Admiral
I found quite by accident that using Chrome on Android if you tilt your screen to landscape by turning your phone you suddenly have access to the Edit buttons at the bottom of each post (which you cannot see if your screen is upright in portrait tilt). You have to have the option for your screen to flip orientation when you tilt your phone on for this to work. Worth a try. Cheers,

Admiral:

Haha, good maritime catch, Jackswift! :smiley:

So you’re aiming for an Indian dhow instead of a Chinese junk, mr. Khan? :yar

And that tilting-viewable function is bonkers! Gonna try that out.

Cheers

Uther the unhinged:

Da Khan is correct about A Chinese Junk. There is no room for the funnel. Just say No!

Gargolock:

Due date is coming closer be sure to get your entries in so we can read them, I am excited to see what everyone else wrote.

Jasko:

Due date is coming closer be sure to get your entries in so we can read them, I am excited to see what everyone else wrote.

Gargolock
Likewise!
I finished mine today, one more read-through and I'll submit it.

Admiral:

Last day to enter, folks!

Jasko:

Last day to enter, folks!

Admiral
Submitted :cheers :yar

Abecedar:

Arggh. I really should read more closely. I thought the 26th of April was the wrong date.

Just sent my entry in.