[Archive] Seeking Hobgoblins, Lizards and Others

TheVoice:

Hey guys,

Rather than post individual topics for all the things I’m searching for, I thought I’d put them all in one thread. If anyone has anything here (or anything similar you think I might be interested in) let me know! I’m based in the UK, and would prefer to use paypal.

For Chaos Dwarf Stuff:

Hobgoblins: Especially the 4th-ed hobgoblin axemen. I have wanted some for as long as I’ve been collecting.

Chaos Dwarfs: Bull Centaur 6, Blunderbuss 5.

Easterling Shields: For my main army.

Khemrian Swords: Off the skeleton sprue.

Old Saurus Shields: For my Dragon Isles Irregulars.

Skinks, ‘horned ones’ and other old lizardman models: For my DIR.

Non Chaos Dwarf Stuff:

Looking for old GW models for Coatl, Chaos Snakemen, Zoats and Fimir.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Hey TheVoice! Long time and no see, glad to have you around :smiley:

Easterling shields: I’ve been considering trying to make a cast for them for my own purposes, so I can send some freebies/trade some with you if I do, if you’d like? Are Easterlings your WotR army or do you want the shields for a different army?

Good luck!

Pyro Stick:

Ive got a hobgoblin champion for sale if you are interested.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Actually, I’d completely forgotten, but I do have old Saurus shields as well as old Saurus warriors (some metal and some plastic). I can dig them up and take pictures for you, if you’d like? I have no use for them, after all :smiley:

Pyro Stick:

Just rembered that ive got 2 oop skink archers as well.

TheVoice:

Sweet, the old saurus and shields sound awesome.

Pyro, could you find pics of the models you have? Are we talking the old plastic skinks that came in the 5th ed box?

TheVoice:

Edited above list to include some Chaos Dwarf figs.

maelzch:

coincidentally, I’ve just put a bunch of old skinks on ebay:

Skinky linky

The Stormchild:

I’ve got a few Lizardmen bitz and a few models if you’re interested?

Hashut’s Blessing:

I’ll drag them out, count them up and try to take pics for you today then. Once more, good to see ya about ^^

TheVoice:

Stormchild: could you give me details on what you’ve got?

HB: It is good to be back. I’ve pretty much not gamed since university started. Thanks for the models! :slight_smile:

Hashut’s Blessing:

I have 3 metal Saurus with spears and plastic shields, 4 plastic saurus with picks and shields and 4 plastic saurus, which have 2 heads and 2.5 arms between them with shields. I know that I have old plastic saurus arms SOMEwhere, but not sure where, lol :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow, so quite a while without gaming. Still, like I said, good to have you back. Any ideas for anything upcoming? Any more roleplaying ideas?

TheVoice:

Yeah, every forum I’ve logged onto so far (Hand of Hashut, COTEC, CDO) have my last login as May/June 2008. A bit depressing, in all honesty.

By roleplaying do you mean like an on-forum RPG? I’ve been considering re-running Slaves to the Stone Dragon but with, you know, an actual system for running it. Unlike last time, where I let in as many players as felt like playing and it all got a bit out of hand. :wink:

Ideas for upcoming: I’m thinking of finally collecting the small Dragon Isles Chaos Dwarf army I discussed on this forum before my sabbatical, which will mean learning to use greenstuff. I also need to sort out and paint my main bighat army one of these days.

Hashut’s Blessing:

I hadn’t realised that it was quite that long, lol.

I had meant like the Slaves to the Stone Dragon one, yeah. What sort of system would you be looking at using and would I be able to jump in if you did?

Sounds good to me :smiley: Using lizardmen as hobgoblins/greenskins/slaves?

Want me to take pictures of the lizardmen that I have? (I could’ve sworn that I had some more…)

TheVoice:

Well, a system to manage the passage of time and combat tracking, as well as making clear what players can and cannot do. And if you want to bring Vradraur back, you’re welcome to.

I was wondering, is a Chaos Warrior called Vlathek one of yours? I have him as The Voice’s Leiutenant in some old fluff, think he was yours.

I’m hoping to convert hobbos, lizards will mostly be slaves.

Pics of the lizzies would be awesome. :slight_smile:

Also, does anyone know if 15gbp is a good price for a mint dwarf regiment off ebay?

Hashut’s Blessing:

Ah, that sounds excellent. I think that Vradraur may have to make a come-back :wink:

Vlathek was his son and joined your guys to help out as a Chaos allied contingent that worshipped Hashut as the CDs do :wink:

Sounds good :smiley:

I’ll try to ge them up when I can. Still sure I had more and I know I have some of their axe-arms SOMEwhere, lol :stuck_out_tongue: When I go back to Essex, I have a load of 6th edition Saurus warriors if you wanted those too?

Currently, a box of Dwarfs will cost £18 and I think are going up to £20 in June, so it sounds good to me, although you may be able to find cheaper if you tried… (May get them cheaper on other websites too…)

starscream:

I’m sure I have LOADS of old saurus shields, I’ll dig them out. I had a full blister of just the shields.

They’re yours if you want them?

TheVoice:

@starscream: awesome, thanks! How much are you asking?

@HB: hmmm, I don’t yet know. Were the 6th ed models the ones that had crests and were usually painted blue?

Hashut’s Blessing:

They certainly were. If you don’t want them, no worries :wink:

TheVoice:

Hmm… I originally didn’t like them as they threw the scaling up a notch (I’m not a fan of units shifting from 20mm to 25mm bases). But that size could make them suitable for a unit of Sacred Spawning of Hashut (Black Orc equivalents). So the answer is… maybe! Let me know when you’ve got hold of them and I’ll check me funds. :slight_smile: