[Archive] Selling my CD collection, advice needed

Vintagephreak:

Hi all,

I am considering selling my chaos dwarf army/collection, since I have no time to either enjoy games or to paint or collect anymore. The collection comprises every 3rd ed., pre-big hat, slottabased chaos dwarf produced by Citadel and Marauder, all warmachines incl. a 2-leveled jugger and the unreleased siege cannon, all painted to a high standard as seen in my showcase thread on this site. My question is whether I should sell off the figures individually or as a whole collection; the latter would mean a high price tag but high shipping costs (I’m in Norway) and the former would probably yield a higher price per figure…

I am in the process of photographing the figures now and will put them up on eBay this weekend if everything goes according to plan.

Any input appreciated. Thanks! Martin

Sjoerdo:

Hi Martin,

Thats a darn shame mate :o the biggest collection I know of will be broken down…

My advice:

Individual selling will bring in the most bucks, but will take up huge amounts of time.

The centerpieces should offcourse be sold seperately (jugger siege cannon etc).

I would also sell the marauders cd’s and other warchines seperately.

The regular citadel warriors I would sell in sets of five or ten each, making it more interesting for potential buyers due to lower shipping costs per model.

Good luck mate!

Hi all,

I am considering selling my chaos dwarf army/collection, since I have no time to either enjoy games or to paint or collect anymore. The collection comprises every 3rd ed., pre-big hat, slottabased chaos dwarf produced by Citadel and Marauder, all warmachines incl. a 2-leveled jugger and the unreleased siege cannon, all painted to a high standard as seen in my showcase thread on this site. My question is whether I should sell off the figures individually or as a whole collection; the latter would mean a high price tag but high shipping costs (I’m in Norway) and the former would probably yield a higher price per figure…

I am in the process of photographing the figures now and will put them up on eBay this weekend if everything goes according to plan.

Any input appreciated. Thanks! Martin

Vintagephreak

Obsidian:

Or you could give us a chance here and name your prize! :wink:

Willmark:

Best bet is to do it in pieces, that will give you the best return on your investment.

On a personal not it saddens me to no end to see these split up…

two_heads_talking:

Or you could give us a chance here and name your prize! ;)

Obsidian
At least post up your pics and list your models out.. Give the CDO first shot, that way at least if they get split up, you know they are going to a good home and not a markup reseller.

Perhaps someone will need a few of your marauder series to finish off their sets..

clam:

So sad to hear - it’s so hard to hear about another colletor giving up his Quest :frowning: - you have such a unique collection.

And I really don’t have much to add - think Sjoerdo said it all.

And if you really choose to sell out - perhaps you would/could/might want to help me out with a few of my last wants :wink: - if so, please let me know - right?

Willmark:

I might be interested in some as well.

Ghrask Dragh:

Definetly sell the ‘centrepiece’ models one by one.

Giving some of the CDO crew a first look in if you like is a good idea, piece of mind they won’t be sold off to unwanting parties only interested in hiking up the price.

Again, a shame to see the collection go. Good luck in selling them.

Willmark:

VF- Hopefully you have reconsidered on selling this?

Obsidian:

Yes, please name a price for all in one go. I’ll be willing to share too of course! :wink:

Vintagephreak:

Hi all,

Still determined to see the little ones off, sadly. I will however remain in the hobby with my classic (regular) dwarf army. I have started putting the chaos warrior/thug army piecemeal up on eBay, here’s a link: http://tinyurl.com/6dlt3v

I have been given quite a few offers for parts of the army, but if I could sell it all in one go that would of course be preferable. The inventory is as follows, all figures are (very well) painted unless stated otherwise:

52 Citadel chaos dwarf warriors

24 Marauder chaos dwarfs (3 are not entirely finished)

12 chaos dwarf crossbowmen (2 each of the 6 variants)

1 tenderiser on scenic base

1 whirlwind on scenic base

1 swivel gun team

2 mortar teams

1 bazuka team

1 2-level juggernaut w/original boar centaur on scenic base

1x chaos dwarf beastmaster w/7 unpainted chaos hounds

1 unreleased chaos cannon/siege gun on (detachable) scenic base

1x unreleased (unpainted) chaos dwarf (newer type, masked w/axe)

1x Near Mint boxed set of the Chaos Renegades

If I could sell the lot to one person that would be great, but they would have to bear in mind the high postage cost. Splitting up into 2 or even 3 lots would also be a possibility.

I’ve received one offer for $2000 for the lot already, but don’t know much about the person and fear they are out to resell the lot piecemeal. But I would also like to see them go to a good home given the amount of time spent on collecting and painting this lot…

Please PM me asap if you would like to discuss this further, as I will have to put them up on ebay within only a few days for the synergy effect with my other auctions.

Cheers,

Martin

Obsidian:

I’ll see what I can offer.

One question though, could you take a pic of the 1x unreleased (unpainted) chaos dwarf (newer type, masked w/axe)?!

Doesn’t spring to mind so would like to see that one.

Also what would be nice is a detailed series of photos of your army that can be stored here in the showcase gallery! :cheers:

Pyro Stick:

One question though, could you take a pic of the 1x unreleased (unpainted) chaos dwarf (newer type, masked w/axe)?!
Doesn't spring to mind so would like to see that one.

Obsidian

Obsidian:

That one I know. I thought maybe it’s a different one because he mentioned a mask…

Must be the same but one can hope! Thanks for the post though Pyro!:cheers:

Vintagephreak:

Ok, figured out the reserve prices I’d use on eBay, and have used those when giving you first crack at them. Best offer over the listed price will probably get you the models, although I have already received generous offers for certain parts of the collection. Please ask for more pictures if you need them, and please PM me with any questions (postage etc)!

Here’s a link to pictures of most of the army as shown on this forum:

https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/7086

52 Citadel chaos dwarf warriors (all different, i.e. complete range): $399

24 Marauder chaos dwarfs (all different, 3 only partially painted): $299

12 chaos dwarf crossbowmen (2 each of the 6 variants): $30 for 6

1 tenderiser on scenic base: $45

1 whirlwind on scenic base: $45

1 swivel gun team: $25

1 mortar team: $25

1 bazuka team: $25

1 2-level juggernaut w/original boar centaur on scenic base

(not the base in the pics but new and better one): $399

1x chaos dwarf beastmaster w/7 unpainted chaos hounds: $30

1 unreleased chaos cannon/siege gun

on (detachable) scenic base w/ crew: $350

1x unreleased (unpainted) chaos dwarf from Storm of Chaos/hellcannon “revival” : $89

1x Near Mint boxed set of the Chaos Renegades: $40

Obsidian:

I’ll have to pass, although I’d love to fill up my classic army with yours I’m affraid the budget will not allow it (read the missus! :stuck_out_tongue: )

I must say though, while some prices are good (the Siege Cannon and Jugger), some are a bit too high in my book…

Still, hope they’ll find a warm new home! :cheers:

Vintagephreak:

I'll have to pass, although I'd love to fill up my classic army with yours I'm affraid the budget will not allow it (read the missus! :P )

I must say though, while some prices are good (the Siege Cannon and Jugger), some are a bit too high in my book...
Still, hope they'll find a warm new home! :cheers:

Obsidian
Fair enough, have adjusted the prices a bit... M

Pyro Stick:

I'll have to pass, although I'd love to fill up my classic army with yours I'm affraid the budget will not allow it (read the missus! :P )

I must say though, while some prices are good (the Siege Cannon and Jugger), some are a bit too high in my book...
Still, hope they'll find a warm new home! :cheers:

Obsidian
Fair enough, have adjusted the prices a bit... M

Vintagephreak
Some of those are super tempting. If it wasnt christmas i would definately go for the jugger but it is christmas so i dont have the money. I might go for 6 crossbowmen but the exchange rate is really bad at the moment. What would postage for 6 crossbowmen be to scotland?

mattbird:

Hi, I PM’d you on TWF as well, but I’d like to buy the seige cannon.

email me at

matt(at)sjiassociates.com

thanks!