[Archive] Sharp's First Chaos Dwarf. - Updated

Sharp:

I’m not to happy with the mustache, and you can’t see the better side of the beard (it’s behind the flag pole), but I’m pretty happy with it. I think I’m going to keep the Chainmail instead of sculpting plates. I tried plates on the back of this model, and I wasn’t too happy with it. I like the look of the chainmail anyway.

On the next one I’m going to experiment with the big nose and bottom lip :slight_smile:

Comments?

Khan!:

Looks good so far, although as you say it’s hard to see how the whole beard looks. Make some more without banners in front of them please!

Vassago:

From what I can see, it looks as you are very good with the green stuff, I’m guessing you have done plenty of other conversions? :slight_smile:

Ishkur Cinderhat:

A flawless start. Add the nose, lips and tusks and you’re done :hat

Abyss:

i think that the mustache might look a little off as it has been sculpted in the same style as the beard, maybe try keeping it the same as a normal mustache that the dwarfs have only a little bigger, anyway a very tidy first attempt, way better than my first try,

oh btw, what is it you;ve made the hat out of? is it a push pin by any chance?

aki:

You should take those pesky mould lines, very good work else.

Kera foehunter:

nice big hat

Sharp:

From what I can see, it looks as you are very good with the green stuff, I'm guessing you have done plenty of other conversions? :)

Vassago
Thanks! and Yes, check out the Off-Topic Showcase for my other (non-CD) stuff.
A flawless start. Add the nose, lips and tusks and you're done :hat

Ishkur Cinderhat
Easier said that done :cheers
i think that the mustache might look a little off as it has been sculpted in the same style as the beard, maybe try keeping it the same as a normal mustache that the dwarfs have only a little bigger, anyway a very tidy first attempt, way better than my first try,

oh btw, what is it you;ve made the hat out of? is it a push pin by any chance?

abyss
I thought the same thing, I figure when I get the nose and/or lip in there, I can do a normal style mustache. And yes, the hat is a pushpin :P
You should take those pesky mould lines, very good work else.

aki
Ah! I only missed them on the hands, I should have gotten them everywhere else.

Thanks for the advice/complements everyone!

Abyss:

well im not sure you’ll need it as your sculpting is very good but i will be posting a guide up sometime in the near future for how to do noses, lips and tusks. well my way of doing them anyway but they are relatively simple.

Pyro Stick:

I think its looking good so far but i think you should try and add somemore decoration to make it look more like a CD. For the moustache, instead of using vertical lines use horizontal. Any pics of the back?

AGPO:

Really nice work, the moustache could use a little work but other than that its a superb first effort

Sharp:

Some other pictures and a little more work done.

I’m even less happy with this mustache. I’ll have to see if I can get this one off :frowning:

GRNDL:

I like him and the only criticism I have is that the band on the hat looks out of proportion to the rest of the hat. I have no issue if that is the style you are going for, but from the side its really noticeable. I’d either slim the hat band down, or bulk out the hat width appropriately.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

I quite like it. Might be hard to get it to rank up properly with the rest of the regiment, though.

You should practice sculpting the beard curls a bit on a few spare models, just to get a better feel of the roundness and shape of them. On the standard bearer they look a bit flat here and there. It will look OK when painted, though.

Kera foehunter:

looks good i like the big banner

Sharp:

I think I fixed his face :slight_smile:

Abyss:

yer man… that looks allot better… everything looks to be back in proportion… will he be getting a pair of tusks?

for future refrence the way i do the moustash on my dwarfs is to get a small ball of green stuff then start to squeese and roll it at one side, this then becomes a cone shape which can be put on your dwarf and lines an then be drawn along it. do the same on the opposite side and your set

Sharp:

Thats pretty much how I did mine. One tip I got from a friend is to smooth out the top of the moustache into the face a bit before doing the lines. This helps it stick and looks a little more natural.

As for Tusks, I will try that on some models, but not all. I figure I’m going to do big Hats on the Command elements, and champions/lords/sorcerers will get tusks.

Kera foehunter:

Looks great!!!The mustace awesum

Willmark:

Not a fan big hats but it looks great. Well done with the face especially.