[Archive] Silence The Watchtower

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Hello one and all!

This is my terrain piece for the Warhammer:Skirmish scenario called Silence The Watchtower. I’m trying to get the local kids interested in playing Warhammer in my hobby shop, Monster Hobbies, with this table.

I’ve used Dwarfs VS Tomb Kings Skeletons, but you could play this scenario with any army. The objective is for the attacking army to silence the alarm from the watchtower by turn 6.

The board is 24"x24" with the tower being in the dead centre…except for my stairs. I built and painted both the Dwarfs and the Tomb Kings. Tomb Kings were done for a customer. Also, I built the watchtower from Evergreen and Plastruct plastic sheets.

Enjoy the pics!

Servius:

Very nicely done… I like the stone look… I may have you send me a catalogue for those companies… as my local store refuses to carry either (its carried by the local train stores at insane prices and he feels that thats their thing)

Kera foehunter:

great job mr. t that is nice and would be cool ,to defend in a battle

goooooo dwarfs!!!.

Bassman:

Nice tower. I like the roof texture and the round window, original touch!

Now you just have to paint it :slight_smile:

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Yeah, I got tied up building the stuff for the Artisan contest…which I still have to finish! :smiley:

Hashut’s Blessing:

Looks great! I’d have to say I think you should paint the white thogh. I don;t know if you’ve just not got to it yet or were planning not to, but I think it really would add to it a heck of a lot. Still, it should help draw people in :wink:

Tarrakk Blackhand:

I was going to do some stone work and paint the white areas as wood, but I just haven’t got around to it and I’m writing a store newsletter that I hope to have out sometime this week. Sometimes being a Hobby Shop Owner is so time consuming.

Kera foehunter:

wow i can’t wait to see the contest piece

Hashut’s Blessing:

I was hoping you’d say you were planning to paint it and the stonework too :wink: I just didn’t want to sound unappreciative.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Well, I accidently set it into the Hydrocal plaster and now I can’t take it out to spray paint it, so I’ll have to use brushes and what-not.

As for the contest building, I hope to get it done on time, but I have so many store responsibilities to do and I’m working 2 jobs to support my wife and new baby. So hopefully I can finish it on time.

wallacer:

That tower looks really nice. Good centrepiece for the scenario.

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

Good looking towar are you going to paint the insides to?

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Eventually everything will be painted.