[Archive] Similarities between Iron Daemon and Skullcracker models

cornixt:

The question is almost in the title. Anyone got both models? How much re-use of parts is there? It looks like the wheels and the bottom chassis are the same for them but I’m not even sure if that is true

tvandyke:

The question is almost in the title. Anyone got both models? How much re-use of parts is there? It looks like the wheels and the bottom chassis are the same for them but I'm not even sure if that is true

cornixt
I have both, but have only put together the Skullcracker. I've looked at both and it looks like the wheels and coal pit section are the same but until I put the iron daemon together, I won't know for sure.

ryanamandaanna:

They’re really not very similar. The skull cracker uses large/small wheels in a different order; the tall smoke stack is on the opposite side; even the footprint is different because the skullcracker is so long with the extra tools sticking out the front.

rabotak:

as far as i remember (too much skyrim these days) the models only share wheels chains and levers, even the chassis/carriage is different.

cornixt:

Okay, thanks people. :slight_smile:

Time of Madness:

I’m actually very impressed with the Skullcracker. It would have been very easy for FW to cheap out an just add some type of addition onto the Iron Daemon. They have essentially created an entire different model using very few of the same parts.

Time of Madness

cornixt:

If anyone wants to take photos of the bits of these models (or any of the other FW models not already on the [[Chaos Dwarf Models - Warhammer Forge]] page) that we can add to the wiki, it would be greatly appreciated.

cornixt:

If anyone wants to take photos of the bits of these models (or any of the other FW models not already on the [[Chaos Dwarf Models - Warhammer Forge]] page) that we can add to the wiki, it would be greatly appreciated. Nothing complicated, just the parts spread out on a plain background.

vulcanologist:

Ive already got the iron daemon but the skull cracker looks a great model too and is definately on my wish list!

deadlydeceiver:

If anyone wants to take photos of the bits of these models (or any of the other FW models not already on the [[Chaos Dwarf Models - Warhammer Forge]] page) that we can add to the wiki, it would be greatly appreciated. Nothing complicated, just the parts spread out on a plain background.

cornixt
Would this be of use?
[attachment=3060]

I'm painting it atm... Lord of the Rings 1 and 2 went by and it's still not finished x.x

DD

Edit: Found higher res (but qual is a bit meh)

ryanamandaanna:

I think that’s exactly what he needs! :smiley:

I have a bad habit of rabidly assembling models when I get them… I’ll try to fix that in the future… :wink:

cornixt:

That’s it deadlydeceiver. Have some slaves!

deadlydeceiver:

You’re welcome and thanks alot :hat off

I just finished my Daemon. Took me almost 9 hours of nonstop painting! (Not counting the 3 hours cleaning and assembly… and the crew is still untouched)

But I love how it turned out. Great model! But I’ll delay my Skullcracker-order for some time… I need a break from painting wheels and metal-pipes. x.x

DD