[Archive] site down **This message was automatically appended because it was too short.**

Kera foehunter:

well i notice today it was down 6 hours

and mostly down when i try to get on !!where my server can’t find it

are you doing updates ??

thanks Kera

Pyro Stick:

I noticed it was down for at least 7 hours. The downtime seems to be getting worse and worse. Is there any way to fix this or to find out the cause?

Willmark:

Unfortunately this is not an easy answer for this one. One however I am trying to get corrected. Suffice of to say working through our web-host has not been fun.

If its down best thing to do is email me.

Kera foehunter:

well i  notice it more for me in the morning  i get on about400 to 500 am est. most of the time it only down for around 20.min so i thought it was when you guys update stuff
but this morning it was longer so i thought it was updating but it was alot longer
but it not a 404 error it a sever down i got today

The Snowman:

I got 404 errors from about 5pm (Australian Eastern DST) until at least 1am before I gave up yesterday. Has been getting worse as well. A couple of times per week ranging from a short time to a few hours.

Problem is I haven’t got anyone’s email address from here if the site goes down… maybe I should save some in my address book…

Grimstonefire:

I’m going to try and set up my access again, so the downtime should be less in the future.

Hobgoblyn:

I see this site down all the time and often for hours.

I just came to assume that whatever deal you had running with the server hosting the site allowed the server to be off for part of the day.

Grimstonefire:

No, it’s a lot more complicated.  I think they are (unfairly) giving us low priority or something.

Hobgoblyn:

Just happened again over the last hour…

Bolg:

Is there anything we can do? like a small donation for a better serve or something along that line?

Thorne:

I came posted and after my submission i got that good old dreaded 404 message again, Darn and I just made popcorn too very interesting.

Darn did I mention that I couldnt get back here also after my post nom nom nom This cant be a nasty case of link rot is it or is bandwidth really the issue ?

Kera foehunter:

No, it's a lot more complicated.  I think they are (unfairly) giving us low priority or something.

Grimstonefire
low priority !! where Chaos dwarfs we should be high Priority!
:hat off

Willmark:

Is there anything we can do? like a small donation for a better serve or something along that line?

Bolg
Its not the server, its the actually web-host taking the site down.

Bassman:

First GW, now the web-host, this is a proof of the plot against us!!!

By the way, I found this website down more than other websites…

furrie:

This website is down on a weekly base. Sometimes even more. If I could find the old web site down thread I would have reported it has soon as it was up again.

Kawazu:

This website is down on a weekly base. Sometimes even more.

furrie
Happens to mee too. I get different messages, varying from "you have no permission to see this page" to "the page is not present on the server"...

Willmark:

Good news I now have an app on my iphone that allows for me to remote into the server from anywhere I have a cell connection.

Doesn’t solve the longterm issues but a step in the right direction.

Grimstonefire:

I will be able to bring it back online now as well.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Just received these:

Forbidden

You don’t have permission to access /forum/showthread.php on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.63 OpenSSL/0.9.7a mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/4.4.9 Server at www.chaos-dwarfs.com Port 80

and

Warning: require_once(/home/chaos/public_html/forum/inc/functions_post.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/chaos/public_html/forum/showthread.php on line 21

Fatal error: require_once()

Kera foehunter:

Well it seam to be fixed now !! thank hashut of the lonely pc hobgoblin slave that did it