[Archive] Site Suggestions

Xander:

Some more professional looking conversion articles and video guides (like the one Xander did for the BfSP warriors) would be handy. Just a thought

AGPO
These are in the works for the Main Site! Stay tuned! :)
Eh not sure but the log-in seems broken. It's so weird. I've got to log in 2 times before I am even logged on.

It's pretty odd to see yourself just log in, return to index, and not appear on the active member area. Is there any possibility it can be changed so you can see yourself when you just log in? :cheers

edit: this also happens when I post o.O

Also, is there a plug-in that allows members to log in for a longer time, eg each time they visit the forum? It's pretty stupid you have to log in every time you visit, even Invisionfree supports it >_<

And yes I've been looking at MyBB fora for some time now, maybe I'm swapping over too.

Master Vampire
This is most likely due to an old URL messing with your cookies.

Ensure that you have "http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/" as your URL, if you have "http://chaos-dwarfs.xandor.ca/" your cookies will not work properly. Make sure to change your favourites too!

Master Vampire:

Ensure that you have "http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/" as your URL, if you have "http://chaos-dwarfs.xandor.ca/" your cookies will not work properly. Make sure to change your favourites too!

Xander
lol yea that was it.:cheers

AGPO:

That might be the problem I have with Hand of hashut, thanks Xander

Xander:

Haha, glad to help where I can. HoH has changed it’s URL too from time to time. And also the Portal there does not function very well. It switches around all the time.

Master Vampire:

I don’t know if you guys have this bug, but it’s majorly annoying.

I have to refresh the page to see new replies. Now I haven’t seen anyone else complain about it, so I guess it’s due to my Browser’s configurations? I think it has to do with cookies. Any thoughts?

Cheers,

-MV

Xander:

That’s very odd, it should reload the page with new posts on every click without having to refresh. I have never encountered such an error on a forum. That can happen sometimes with web pages though… I suggest closing your browser, maybe reboot your computer, see if that helps.

Master Vampire:

Hmm the people on the MyBB support forums suggest that I should ‘hard refresh’ pages where I have troubles (CTRL + F5).

I seems to work. Not sure at the moment though.

What browser do you use?

Xander:

I am a Firefox man, myself. But I use IE at work sometimes.

Master Vampire:

Apparantly it had to do with my cache. Checking up on that, it said it never checked for more “updated” pages, so I set it to automatically. Still very weird that on Invisionfree forums it did work :~

Xander:

Good to note for future possible issues! Glad it’s working now.

Pyro Stick:

A chat room! That would be cool.

Lord Darkash:

A chat room! That would be cool.

Pyro Stick
Like that idea, maybe a shoutbox if a chatroom is not viable?

Also i notice there are reputation points, i also notice that people keep giving each other slaves. As a fun idea how about allowing people to award Slaves as rep points but making them in the thousands? (E.G like that idea *awards 1000 slaves* and have the number so far aquired show where it says reputation. Is that viable? has it been suggested already?

Xander:

I know there is a shoutbox program, but to me that seems redundant on a forum where you can post anywhere. Heh.

A chat would be cool, but I’d have to look into IRC or something. I am not wholly familiar with it all, but I know I can get a chat room for IRC on the boards.

Grimstonefire:

Based on what Darkash said, Bugmans Brewery is one of the friendliest forums I’m on.��What they do is offer each other ‘virtual beer’ all the time for work well done, hard fought battles, celebrating important things, that sort of thing.��After all, its Dwarfs and a brewery, so it fits in nicely.��Its also very friendly to new members, and makes it a friendly place.

I think something along these lines would be nice here, offering Slaves/ beer and gold.��What more could a Dawi Zharr want?

It wouldn’t be built into the forum (necessarily), but would just be a friendly thing to do from time to time.��If something is only half decent, you might offer a cheap pint of Hobgoblin beer, or a maggot ridden slave etc :slight_smile:

:cheers��(< not a coincidence I designed that smilie, I should do a few more beer/ gold ones etc).

Also, would it be possible to show who is looking at each thread at any one time?��Certain forums have not only the names, but them underlined if they’re replying.��Not a major thing, but I’m curious.

wallacer:

Thats actually a really good idea.��Something along the lines of “have the finest slave from slave pens” would be a kind of humourous way to say thanks.��Maybe even an emoticon to go with it (a greenskin being whipped by a stuntie or something?)

Lord Darkash:

I still think if we can utilise the rep oints system it would be pretty cool!

Xander:

As it stands the rep system is for the Market Place. Sort of like the eBay method. As we get bigger there will be a bigger need for that system if buying/selling/trading is to be reliable.

I will take a look for some plugins that could fill that role.

Lord Darkash:

As it stands the rep system is for the Market Place. Sort of like the eBay method. As we get bigger there will be a bigger need for that system if buying/selling/trading is to be reliable.

I will take a look for some plugins that could fill that role.

Xander
Fair enough, i didn't realise it was actually in use! :)

Xander:

There just hasn’t been much trading/selling through the site yet. Heh.

AGPO:

I have to say its a tad confusing having rep, medals AND slaves… I was away when these were anounced, could you clarify what each is for?