[Archive] Site Suggestions

Thommy H:

Reputation is for trading and selling (like the ebay feedback system).

Slaves are obtained for making posts and starting topics, as well as being awarded by admins for miscellaneous contributions. It’s just a general “standing in the community” type thing.

You can see what the medals are by hovering your cursor over them. I have one for posting pics of at least 1,000 pts of Chaos Dwarfs. I plan to have the Silver version in a couple of weeks :hat

Dracomancer:

Allow me to clarify ;):

Medals are awards given out for various things (winning painting competitions, painting up X000 points of chaos dwarves, adding to the chaos dwarf wiki etc), putting the cursor over the medals should say what its for.

Reputation is to do with trading iirc, if I sold you a model and it arrived in poor quality, arrived late etc, you would give me a negative reputation point, whereas if it arrived in good quality etc, you would give me a positive reputation point, sort of like the system on eBay, it allows others to know if you are a reliable trader or not.

Slaves are what you get for contributing positively to the site, by posting pictures of well made models, helping others with questions (like i’m doing now :cheers), giving helpfull advice etc, whilst it is mainly the mods who donate slaves (since they have an infinite supply), I think that members can donate from their own finite supply of slaves as well, not sure about that part though.

Hope this clears things up :hat off.

AGPO:

It does indeed, but I still have a couple of questions:

1. Don’t you get rep for winning The Golden Hat?

2. Are slaves directly linked to threads started/posts made or anything like that, or are they at the Mods discresion? I only ask because it seems rather out of balance to the number of posts (TK for instance has loads of posts but no slaves)

Dracomancer:

1. No, you now get a medal instead.

2. I don’t think it is linked to amount of posts made, also bear in mind the slave plug-in was installed quite recently, the amount of posts made before it was brought in don’t really matter for the purpose of slave-earning.

Thommy H:

1. Don't you get rep for winning The Golden Hat?

AGPO
No, rep is just for the trading section. Winning Golden Hat nets you a fancy medal instead.
2. Are slaves directly linked to threads started/posts made or anything like that, or are they at the Mods discresion? I only ask because it seems rather out of balance to the number of posts (TK for instance has loads of posts but no slaves)
Remember that the slaves plug-in was introduced only recently, so anyone who had lots of posts before that will be out of synch in that regard. I'm not sure exactly how many slaves you get for posting - it seems to be one for a certain number of posts, with a bonus for starting topics, but I don't know.

Sigose:

How about making the market place part of the forum even more interresting to use where it is listing what is needed and what is being sold in one major page or somthing.

And for the other sake how about replacing these → :P:shy::D:rolleyes:;):exclamation:

Uzkul Werit:

I just had an idea. Could we run an Arena of Death like back on The Grand Alliance? Needless to say it would take place after our Minepit Madness game and if we wanted to get people in from outside the site, most likely after Animosity Two.

Xander:

Wow, you guys know your stuff, haha, making my job a little easier!

Sigose, I may be making new smilies for those soon. :slight_smile:

Uzkul Werit, Arena of Death? Care to elaborate?

Hammerhand:

Could we use slaves to ‘buy’ upgrades to our profile? e.g. buyaccess to certain CD smilies for x amount of slaves, be able to change the colour/style of your handle name for x amount of slaves etc. That way, we could use our slaves to really pimp our posts!

I like the slaves plug-in, I’ve gave about 5 away so far, I think!

Traitor King:

Xander: An Arena of Death (AoD) is a forum run game. Each player writes up a character to a predetermined set of points and rules (e.g certain magical items disallowed). Sometimes they also write up fluff.

Then the person running the game (who set the rules ect…) randomly roles up the fights so that each players character is facing another. The game master will then role for the fights and write some fluff for the battle. The winners of the fights go through to the next round where the proscess is repeated until there is a final winner.

Btw, if I didnt explain that very well, here an example of an AoD that was run on the Herdstone:

http://z2.invisionfree.com/herdstone/index.php?showtopic=10000

(note that this isnt the best AoD ever, its mearly an example and I was too lazy to spend anylonger searching for a good one :P).

My site suggestion was purhaps adding an ‘Other Armies’ section to the forum. This would be used to discuss all ontopic warhammer things that arnt specificlly Choas Dwarf related, leaving the Offtopic section free for non-warhammer things.

Xander:

I was thinking today about Adding a Warhammer Discussion section… so I might do that. AoD sounds interesting, maybe after the current game is done we will do that.

As for using slaves to buy colour changed and such, that could be done. There is somewhat of a limitation of what can be changed, but I will look into that.

Traitor King:

I Might be able to run an AoD after this game has finished. However im not the best fluff writer…

I could also ask spawn, he has done some great AoDs in his time…

Not sure about the colours but meh, could be cool.

Dracomancer:

In the absense of Spawn, I don’t mind doing some AoD fluff, if that helps at all… :slight_smile:

Uzkul Werit:

I don’t have many army books, nor the time to write fluff for an AOD! :smiley:

Spawn:

ok.

Xander brought me in on this. Know that i do not do this willingly (;))

But i’ll volunteer to run an AoD should the need arise. it turns out i have an old one sitting around here somewhere

Lemme know,

Spawn

Traitor King:

Hmmm, I guess this belongs here:

Ive just noticed that the reminder reads

don't forget to get cracking on your Golden Hat #3 Entry!
It looks a bit silly, especialyl as its the first thing you see when you go on any page :stuck_out_tongue:

Pyro Stick:

Hmmm, I guess this belongs here:

Ive just noticed that the reminder reads
don\'t forget to get cracking on your Golden Hat #3 Entry!
It looks a bit silly, especialyl as its the first thing you see when you go on any page :P

Traitor King
Its just a small typo. Its not that big a deal.

Traitor King:

Ya, but having a tpyo on the first thing you see upon entering the site could seem ‘unproffesional’ or whatever to some.

duktu:

I just have noticed that I already have 10 slaves (must be my quality posting :)) and it got me thinking - why not do something with them?

Firstly when I “click” on my slaves number I get an error - so maybe that’s a thing that needs to be fixed?

Secondly - I thought that I could sacrifice a few slaves in the name of Hashut. But it seems that I can only give them away. So maybe it could be possible to add option of sacrificing slaves? Maybe there could be an additional token/medal/thing for all to see how devoted I (or anyone other) am to Hashut and show if I either sacrificed some slaves in the last x hours or how many I did during my service to the Hashut? How’s that sound?

Tallhat:

That sounds cool it does hats off to you :hat off