[Archive] SKAVEN UP NOW!

warh:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCats.jsp?catId=cat1491876&rootCatGameStyle=wh

Pyro Stick:

Theres some really nice models there. Im really liking the remakes of the deathmaster and squeek but i was hoping for an ikit claw remake. Hopefully that will be released at a later date. The Doomwheel is seriously cool as well. Its a shame i have no money or else i would be buying a few things.

Loki:

Very cool looking models, think i will buy some but not right now as am working on my space wolfs and don�?Tt want to get side tracked but i can see them becoming fantasy army number 11 :slight_smile:

SteveM:

A price drop?  The clan rats were USD$35 and now are $33.  Stormvermin have gone from USD$45 to $49.50, but you get twice the models.

I’m not sold yet on the look of the new clanrats, but they are growing on me and all the other models look great.

Pyro Stick:

Im not sold on the clanrats either. But i guess they look right compared to the new look stormvermin (clanrats look basically like unarmoured stormvermin). Packmaster Skweel Gnawtooth is a cool model though. I would like to paint that up but i would never use it so i doubt i will waste money on it.

warh:

they are so cool,

i will try to do a army entirely of the new models and some green stuff:D

tjub:

Wow, the new characters are just awesome… and the rest of the new releases arent bad either! :slight_smile:

Baggronor:

If I wore a big hat, I would currently be eating it after the ‘it’ll be awful’ comments I made about the Snikch remake. Doomwheel looks freaking awesome.

clam:

I’mgoingto get myself a Doomwheel-don’t know what I’ll use it for - but I have to try out that kit. As Baggronor put it, it ‘looks freaking awesome’ :smiley:

Grimstonefire:

Overall I like the models, not enough to leap in and buy them all, but eventually…

I’d need to do some hefty conversion on all the models to get them more how I see them, but those ones would be a much better starting point than the old ones.

The price of the stormvermin is interesting, £30 for 20 as opposed to £25 for 10 goldswords.  1.50 per model is a nice saving compared to the metals.

Uzkul Werit:

I’m liking all of them, although the Packmaster scuplt ain’t too great.

Queek is my favourite and the Stormvermin champion would make a killer Warlord.

SteveM:

The Clanrat bodies combined with some goblin bits might make for some good Hobgoblin conversions, but I can’t be sure till I can see the new models close up.

wallacer:

I like the rat centaur:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod1150010

Khan!:

Very nice, particularly the stormvermin. I like the doomwheel too, although I wish there were a sprue pic up. Queek is awesome. Deathmaster Snikch is good but the old one was good too, so whatevs.

Do we know if the Verminlord will be new or is it the same old (good) model?

Hashut’s Blessing:

Does anybody else get the impression that the Doomwheel is heavily based on General Grievous’ “bike-walker” thing from Star Wars?

SteveM:

I like the doomwheel too, although I wish there were a sprue pic up.

Khan!
There is!
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/blogPost.jsp?aId=4700002a
Do we know if the Verminlord will be new or is it the same old (good) model?

Khan!
Not sure if this is going to be the model they end up using, but you can always order now just in case.
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1040022&prodId=prod1140208

Pyro Stick:

Damn for some reason i thought the doomwheel was going to be metal.

wallacer:

I was hoping the Doom Wheel would be non-existent.

Father Grumpmas:

I was hoping the Doom Wheel would be non-existent.

wallacer
That new Doomwheel is full of WIN.

I see from the sprue that there will still be rats running around inside the wheel - I thought that they might get rid of that because it was 'silly' , not serious like a race of bipedal rats mutated by solidified 'chaos'.

wallacer:

That new Doomwheel is full of WIN.

Father Grumpmas
Don't make me hurt you.