Father Grumpmas:

That new Doomwheel is full of WIN.

Father Grumpmas
Don't make me hurt you.

wallacer
Don't get ratty :hat off

warpmaster:

That new Doomwheel is full of WIN.
Dead right, and i'd have to wonder about a skaven palyers sexuality if they didn't have one or two

wallacer:

The Doomwheel is an abomination, people who like it need to be sent to some kind of reeducation camp.

Otoh, I do quite like the Stormvermin. Probably the only thing I might end up getting (apart from the army book obviously).

And the fact that the storm vermin look different to my current Clanrat models isn’t such a problem since they’re a completely different unit (using the new clanrat models would prove more tricky).

warpmaster:

The Doomwheel is an abomination, people who like it need to be sent to some kind of reeducation camp.
Sounds like flamming Whoopsy talk to me;)

Father Grumpmas:

The Doomwheel is an abomination

wallacer
I think you will find that the abomination is a different unit to the Doowheel but it sounds like there will be a new model for this as well so you can buy both

DOUBLE HELPING OF WIN :hat off

anixma:

Wow…!

There are a lot of interesting models, like the fate wheel…!really amazing…!

Compliments GW…!

But we’re still waiting for yhe new Chaos Dwarfs…!:):stuck_out_tongue:

Baggronor:

… I like the Doomwheel runs for cover

Does anybody else get the impression that the Doomwheel is heavily based on General Grievous’ “bike-walker” thing from Star Wars?
Yes, but its better than the ‘penny farthing’ look that the old one had.

Patrikson:

Wow some real cool models but it seems that theres only gonna be 3 Units and 3 single figure…I was kinda expecting like a whole army

GRNDL:

Thats only the new stuff and the first wave. There’s still the older Clan stuff, warplock engineers, jezzails, globadiers, etc.

Personally, I’m excited. I had a go at starting a Clan Skyre Skaven army about 4 years ago, but that petered out with the crappy clan rat models and their club feet and I went back to my Lizardmen. These models look very cool and I’m inspired to start with them again.

Khan!:

I like the doomwheel too, although I wish there were a sprue pic up.

Khan!
There is!
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/blogPost.jsp?aId=4700002a

SteveM
Ah, good yes.  Although not the best sprue pic ever
Do we know if the Verminlord will be new or is it the same old (good) model?

Khan!
Not sure if this is going to be the model they end up using, but you can always order now just in case.
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1040022&prodId=prod1140208

SteveM
Very proactive of you!  That is indeed the old Vermin Lord.  I don't need to paint that model twice, thanks anyway.
The Doomwheel is an abomination

wallacer
I think you will find that the abomination is a different unit to the Doowheel but it sounds like there will be a new model for this as well so you can buy both

DOUBLE HELPING OF WIN :hat off

Father Grumpmas
Hahaha here I lawl'ed.

snowblizz:

Otoh, I do quite like the Stormvermin.  Probably the only thing I might end up getting (apart from the army book obviously).
And the fact that the storm vermin look different to my current Clanrat models isn't such a problem since they're a completely different unit (using the new clanrat models would prove more tricky).

wallacer
3 hats off to you Wallacer. My feelings exactly.

Zanko:

The Doomwheel is cool, perhaps there is a possibility to c onvert it for the CDs!?!?! :smiley:

Apart from that … I don´t like that nasty, furred animals very much! :mad

The best you can do is to scrunch them under your boots! :cheers

:hashut

Bassman:

Like Zanko I pprove the Doomwheel for… converting porpouses! It looks very steam punk and this is really good for us… now I just have to wonder how to use it…

slev:

Damn those links not working…

Edit: found the stuff otherwise now.

The new Storm Vermin and Queek are awesome!
Tempted by the new DW, although I’ve still my old metal one.

Crube:

I believe there may be the option to have the Wheel as a mount, so perhaps more than one in an army…

wallacer:

Latest rumours from Warseer:

Taken from Warseer

1st: Armywide special rules and differences from “normal” armies, changes from old book.

Magic Items: You have the usual Magic items with the usual restrictions (100 points for Commanders, 50 for heroes), seperated in weapons, trinkets, armour etc.

And than there are the “special” lists of items. Some characters as the Assassins for Example are only allowed some of the special lists. Moulder Clan equip, Skryre wargear, etc.

Shooting into close combat - gone. Yes, it’s gone. Really.

placing characters within the last rank - gone. Still, if a character decides to withdraw from a chalange and is placed in the last rank, he still benefits the unit with magical items, leadership, battlestandard etc.

Other army wide rules: Live to fight another day: +1 distance to flee.

you get +1 morale (up to a maximum of 10) in the higth of your rank bonus.

looted wargear (not sure about the name)

thats a short list of equip including several weapons and funny objects. You may have as many of them as you whish, still only once the same per character.

Warpstone pistol - 8 points. 10 " range pistol with warpstone attacks (means magic attacs). counts as a pistol in all means.

Warstone rifle - S 5 Warpstone musket. Move or shoot. 10 points.

Guardian rat - 1 WS 3 S 3 aditional attack with bearers initiative. 5 points.

Tail weapon - 1 aditional attack with S 3, does not benefit with other wargear, may still be used with magic weapons.

Poisoned attacks - 15 points.

2nd - Units.

I start with the boring stuff here, everyone who’s interested into the hell pit abomination should scroll down…

If I do not mention otherwise, every unit has +1 to flee and +MW for ranks.

Core

Clanrats -

the same. 4 points each with 1/2 (yes, one half) point for shields and spears.

Stormvermin:

Strength 3. Come with halberds and mail armour for 7 points, 1 point for shields. One unit may have a magic banner for 50 points. Champion may pic from the “wargear loot” equip for 15 points.

Both Clanrats and Stormvermin may add one (1) weapon team of the following:

Flamethrower (70 points) , Thing-shredder (55 points), Globe mortar (65 points), Rattling gun (55 points)

Flame throwers now have flaming attacks.

rattling guns are the same, but do not hit automatically. the do not suffer a penalty for multiple shots or longe distance shooting.

Slaves -

two points each. 1/2 point for shields, spears or slings. No weapon teams, no champion, Musician standard costs halved.

Slaves have two special rules, one is “cornered” which I do not remember… the other is “worthless” - as long as an enemy is only engaged with slaves, you may shoot into the close combat.

Slaves do not provoke panic tests from any other unit than slaves.

Shadowrunners

May make a free movement at the beginning of the game. No skirmishers. May have a Warpunnler. 7 points per model,

come with two hand weapons and shuriken.

Champion has a 6+ ward save.

Giant Rats: little cheaper, do not count for minimum of core units

Vermin swarm: 25 points, same as giant rats. do not block linoe of sight.

Special

Gutter runners

May have a warp tunneler. skirmish, outflank from any edge.

Champion has a 5+ ward save. Come with same es shadow runners.

May be given the following: Nets (a net counts as a shield and gives a malus to the enemy, I think it was -1 to hit, nut sure though.) poisened attacks for 5 ppM.

Rat ogres.

Same price here, same profile, come with… frenzy…? don’t know the english term. You are granted +1 attack but you have to charge if possible.

you may add as many ogres to the unit as you want (4 ppM), for each 2 ogres you may add one more handler.

May have a mastermoulder (counts as champion, may have 30 points wargear, a Thing-cather which grants him killing blow for 20 points or a great weapon for 4 points.

Mastermoulder profile is 6 5 3 4 4 2 5 2 6

Plague monks: 7 points per model, come with two handweapons, one unit may have a standard for 50 points.

Still have frenzy (was it frenzy? se rat ogres for what I mean…)

Jezzails: 20 points per model. 4+ armour save, NO skirmishers. May have a champion with BS 4 for 10 points. Unit size 3+

Censer bearers: the same almost, forgot about them.

Globardiers: 10 ppm. 5 - 15

Special rules: Life is worthless… may fire into close combat.

shoot from behind: when engaged into close combat, all globardiers which do not have contact with enemy models may shoot at the unit(s) they are engaged with.

Lords

I did not look up neither the abilities of special characters, nor their options. I just list you the points.

Lord Skrolk: 470

Thanquol: 450

Ikit Claw: 395

Skrotz the mutant: 225

newHeadhunter-thing-char: 215

After a brief overlook he seemed pretty strong with WS 7 and 6 attacks…

Verminlord: 500 points.

profile: 8 8 4 6 5 5 10 5 8

Special rules: Flee + 1, Immune to psychology, Terror, great target, 5+ ward save, Sorcerer lvl 4. He counts as a demon.

The vermin lord may not be the general of your army.

Warlord: 90 points.

Grey seer: +1 Morale. Comes with Lvl 4 and D3 warpstone tokens. 240 points.

The Screaming bell is his mount, 200 points. The model itself is HUGE, almost twice es big as the current one. Kit is also used for the “Plague menetekel” (now this word is totally strange to me, and there seems to be no translation to english… wiki led me to this:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_writing_on_the_wall

There’s a Rat ogre ringing the bell and a grey seer (with horns) riding the bell. Function of the screaming bell later.

Heroes.

Snikch: has a mantle which obscures him, he’s only visible to units on 4+. 270 points.

He has got a murdering profile, Initiative 10 and always strikes first.

Tretch: 145 points.

Assassin. Sad part first: assassins do take a heroe’s choice. They work pretty much like DE assassins, with lower profile (stil I 9 ASF)

Warlock: 15 points. At this stage he’s a technician only, no wizard.

he may be upgraded to level 1 for 50 points or level 2 for 85 points.

Only one to have 2 warpstone pistols…

May chose lore of doom only. (more to magic later)

Plaguepriest: 100 points, lvl 1 wizard. may chose lore of plague. May have a Plague Menetekel giant swingy-thingy… oO for 150 points.

Now, lets start the interesting point:

Screaming bell.

Bell comes with Magic resistance (2), 4+ ward save, causes fear, is a Large target… It MUST join a unit of storm vermin or Clan rats. The joindes unit becomes stubborn.

Bell has T6, LP 6, S 5, causes impact hits. The Rat ogre ringing the bell may strike with S5.

Enemy units in contact may chose to attack the Bell (WS of the ogre is applied here (WS 3)) or the prophet.

Moving the bell: It requires at least 10 models to move the bell at full capacity (5 Inches). For each model below 10, it loses 1 Inch of movement, if the unit dropps to 5 it may not move at all.

Ringing the bell (thats what you wanted…)

at the begining of each turn or magic phase (not sure) the player may ring the bell. At turn one he may only use 1 dice, at each of the following up to three.

The bell is automatically rung if wounded by a S5 or higher missile attack.

Results:

1 - nothing happens. Spank-spank the Rat ogre for failing-failing…

2 - 4 unit with the bell attached moves D6 inches forward (and may attack if possible)

5 - 8 all friendly units may reroll morale checks within 24 inches of the bell

9 - 10 Bell (not the seer) casts the Spell “Scorch” from lore of doom (see later with magic) at power level 5

11 - 12 All enemys with T7 or higher suffer D3 wounds

13 Say Ding-Dong alound and smile to your enemy. All Enemy units within 24 inches suffer D3 S4 hits. If the Bell is engaged in close combat ALL Skaven within the unit it is attached to may attack in close combat this round.

14 - 16 All units within 12 " gain +1 attack for this turn.

17: All gain +1 attack and get to reroll tohit and to wound

18: with a loud BANG the Bell is destroyed. All units within 4D6 inches suffer D6 S4 hits without armour saves.

if you roll two equals, the result is applied, but the unit pushing the bell suffers D6 S4 hits.

If you roll three equals, both bell and prophet suffer a S5 hit.

Plague menetekel:

It’s not a furnace, it’s like the bell itself, but with a big censer instead of the bell.

Moves just like the screaming bell, but may only be joined by Plague monks.

I do not remember a lot of this thing. It has two effects, the one’s a mighty blow which causes a numer of hits declared with the artillery dice of S5 o the enemy unit in contact., the other makes all models in contact (friend and foe) take a Toughness test or lose one lifepoint.

Which leaves us with

Rare choices

Hell Pit abomination: 235 points.

It may NOT tunnel. It is a crawling, moving mass of dozens of Bodies moulded together, has severel arms, giant claws, etc. The drawing shows it to be at least 10 times as high as a man. It is NOT a giant rat, more like 100 sakven mutated together with parts of giant creatures. the pic was only small but it scared the crap out of me…

Causes impact hits, Terror, Large Target, Regeneration, Stubborn.

Profile: 3W6, 3 1 6 5 6 4 * 8

Moves 3 D6.If you roll three times the same, something bad happens. roll a D6 to see the result: 1: does not move at all, 2 - 5 moves at a random direction, 6: gains + 1 strength. If you roll a second or more 6 it looses 1 wound.

Special attacks: Troll 1 D6 to determine how it strikes

1-2: Feast: 1 S6 hit at all models in contact, no armour save, causes D3 wounds.

2-4: leash: 3D6 attacks. A unit that suffers a casulty get a -1 penalty to hit rolls against the abomination.

5-6: Crush: all miniatures in contact have to take a I-test or will be killed, the crushed unit suffers 2D6 S6 hits.

If the nasty thing is dead, playe a marker at it’s position. at the beginning of your next turn, roll 1 D6.

1 - 3: Killed. The dreaded creature is dead, dead, dead. Your enemy may open a keg.

4 - 5: Rats leave the sinking ship, er, mean to say creature. Place D3 Vermin swarms.

6: It’s ALIVE!! The Abomination comes back to life with D6 Lifepoints.

Doom Wheel - 150 points

Causes Terror, Impact hits (D6 + 1), Large target.

Moves like a chariot (3D6). If moved through difficult terrain it only suffers D3 S4 hits and moved on. However, if it moves againts impassible terrain it suffers D6 S10 hits and stops…

when negaged in close combat it may crush the enemy, causing D3 S6 hits.

Warplightning Arc - has to shoot 3 times each round, causing as many hits as the artillery dice shows you to the NEAREST unit. Strength is 6. Warlock may surpress firing with a morale check. Morale is 7.

If you roll a malfunction: 1: suffers D6 S6 hits, - 1 D6 movements. Three times this result and it is destroyed.

2-5 moves at a random direction.

6: Whats that button-button fore? Moves an aditional D6 until end of game.

Warp Lightnin canon - 90 points.

No more ward save, does not have to pick “flee”.

It works just like a cannon now, with the following difference: The first Artillery dice is used to determine the beginning of the effekt, the second one for how far the Spark “jumps” and for the strength.

Malfanction: 1- 2 : it exploed.

3 - 5: oooops… shoots 4D6 in a random direction, with S 10, and exploed with the 5 inces blast at the end of the line.

6 - may not shoot this turn.

Plague catapult: Magic catapult with S2 poisened attacks with large template. Funny thing: one of the malfunction results makes your opponent place the large template anywhere within 3D6 from originalt target. 100 points.

Magic:

As reported there are two lores: Lore of Doom and Lore of plagues.

But first…

the DREADED 13th Spell - cure of the horned rat. Cast on 25.

Only grey seers may have it.

It causes 4D6 casulties at one infantry unit. No Saves at all. If the unit is totally destroyed by this, you gain a unit of clan rats equal to the number of models destroyed, otherwise they are only casulties (the fellow warriors just “release therir former brothers from their suffering”)

Lore of Doom:

1 - Sulfurjump: teleports one character within 12 inches to anywhere on the table. cast on 5+

2 - Warp lightning: magic missile with D6 S 5 hits. a roll of 1 hits the caster.

3 - Howling Warpstorm: Flyers may not fly, and all shooting suffers -1 to hit. Skaven shooting excluded. cast on 7+

4 - Deadly frenzy: one unit gains frenzy with +2 rather than +1 attack. does replace normal frenzy (so you don’t get +3 attacks) lasts until unit looses combat.

5 - Scorch: places 3" template within 24 “, causing a flaming S5 attack to any model touched. Cast on 11+

6 - Jaws of the World Rat (seriously, it’s named somewhat else, something with chasm or canyon or what ever, but the effect is the same…) Draw a line of 4D6 inches from the caster. Any model touched must take a Initiative test or is removed. War machines and chariots only on 5+.

Lore of plague.

1 - Plagebreath: cast on 5+, S2 breath weapon which ignores armour. In close combat engaged unit sufferd D6 S2 hits without armour.

2 - Poisened Gift: cast on 7+, unit gains poisened attacks. If it has it already, poisened attacks now work on 5+. Last til end of the game (!!)

3 - Wither: one Unit within 12 inches suffers -1 Toughness til end of the game. Cast on 8+

4 - Verminflood: cast on 8+: 5 " template moves 4d6 inches (not through impassible terrain, touched units suffer §d6 s2 hits.

5 - Foul clourd: cast on 11+ all units within 12 " suffer D6 S 5 hits without Armour: enemy on 2+, skaven on 4+, plague monks, censer bearers, globardiers and plague priests on 5+.

6 - the plague: same as before. cast on 12.

Weapon teams: almost forgot about them.

They come with heavy armour. As long as they stay within 3” of their attached unit they gain the morale bonus of their units ranks, and a 4 + ward save. They count as a single unit (and may be attacked and shot at as usual)

Ha, almost forgot:

Mounts. Yes, Mounts.

Three different ones there:

Boneripper-Ratogre: 6 4 3 5 5 4 3 5 5

causes fear, may only be placed within Clanrats, Stormvermin or Rat Ogres. Monstrous mount.

Pox-Rat: (most likly only included so you can use this pest-lord-model…

6 3 3 4 4 1 5 2 2, poisened attack, cavalry (like the demon mounts for chaos, this one is mounted on a bigger base, but counts as cavalry.

Litter: + 1 armour, 5 4 - 4 - - 5 4

It obviously fights. I think that the caracter is treated as if mounted to a chariot here.

SteveM:

Is that the front of the new Screaming Bell peeking into the top of the picture?

Grimstonefire:

So let me get this straight, the abomination is T5 has regeneration, 6 wounds, moves 3D6, and if you kill it on a 6 it comes back with D6 wounds??  Or are the lifepoints things that cannot be regenerated I wonder?

Hopefully, as that seems almost indestructable otherwise.

It also has a 50% chance of causing 3D6 S6 attacks (with a -1 to hit modifier), and a 25% chance of killing all models in base contact AND causing 2D6 S6 autohits on the unit if they fail an initiative test?  It also causes terror (admittedly it sounds disturbing, but there are other things equally as scary that only cause fear).

All this for 235 points…  No wonder they called it the abomination.

The damage potential of this beast is huge, but at the other extreme on the very rare occasions it rolls badly for the attack (next to never) you’d have a chance to beat it on CR.  This thing would be a missile magnet for sure.

wallacer:

It does fit into the Varghulf/Hydra rare slot badboy pattern that seems prevalent of late. There’s no denying that if the rumours above are true it would certainly help sell the model.

On the bright side, it does at least push Skaven towards combat orientation rather than magic or shooting (yeah, I know that’s a bit of a stretch on my part…)

Grimstonefire:

Seems to me that they only toned down the shooting a little but boosted the combat and magic sides a fair bit.

6 - Jaws of the World Rat (seriously, it’s named somewhat else, something with chasm or canyon or what ever, but the effect is the same…) Draw a line of 4D6 inches from the caster. Any model touched must take a Initiative test or is removed. War machines and chariots only on 5+.
Is this an autokill spell for all models that fail the test?