[Archive] Skavenblight Gazette issue #7 released

Skaven Lord Vinshqueek:

URL: http://www.skavenblightgazette.com/issue/issue07.html

Good day one and all,

The summer is slowly coming to an end and the release of a new Skaven armybook is crawling closer. In the meantime (satisfying the need for all things Skaven), the Skavenblight Gazette has released its seventh issue. Created by Skaven players for Skaven players… but also for anyone that doesn’t play Skaven.

This issue we have quite a few articles. Seer Squeek returns to share his infinite wisdom on all things Skaven and an Assassin Adept shares the creation and first adventures of his warband as he ventures into the dark city of Mordheim. There is an article with houserules for creating an all-Skaven Blood Bowl league and for the more hobby-minded gamers, an article from the ‘Construction Warrens’ on creating Plague Censer Bearers from a Plague Monk kit.

Last issue, we had a preview of the new Grey Seer novel from Black Library, but this issue we are stepping things up with a review of the novel as well, followed by a homemade scenario based on the novel itself… There is also a report of the recently held (third) European UnderEmpire.net Get Together and an article on the UnderDark campaign of the UnderEmpire.net community!

Shortly put, this issue is loaded with articles that should suit everyones needs! So get reading and let us know what your thoughts on this issue are.

Greetz

P.S.:

In case people wonder about it, I have Xander’s and Willmark’s “Okay” to post this message here.

P.S. 2:

Willmark, the ball is in your court again. :stuck_out_tongue:

Baggronor:

Nice effort :slight_smile: You guys must be looking forward to that new book, it sounds awesome.

In case people wonder about it, I have Xander’s and Willmark’s “Okay” to post this message here.
I’m sure it wouldn’t be a problem, we put our webzine all over the place :slight_smile:

Uzkul Werit:

runs off to read

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Xander:

Hard work is always welcome to be shown off on CDO. :slight_smile:

You guys should really look into an Issuu account: http://www.issuu.com

It’s what we use.

Willmark:

looks at link

I will definately be downloading this tonight and taking a read through it. I very much encourage everyone to read it even if you are not a Skaven player. The SBG is a top notch mag with great production values.

grins evilly

Indeed the ball is in my court, but not for long stinky rat things! :evil:

Willmark:

BTB- this belongs in Warhammer discussions in my opinion…

Skaven Lord Vinshqueek:

@Baggronor:

On the one hand, I’m a bit terrified of what Games Workshop might do to the/ my beloved Skaven, after the Vampire Counts, Daemons of Chaos, Dark Elves and Lizardmen armybooks. Nasty. Plain nasty. Though, on the other hand, I really have been waiting for about two years now, as Skaven were really struggling to get up to par with the other armies. (The difference in power level between 6th edition armybooks and 7th edition armybooks can really be felt)… Of course, I dread what the influx of new members at the release of the Skaven armybook might bring to the UnderEmpire, considering the (many) months it took before the SAD approach to the game was beaten out of our new members.

@Willmark:

sticks out his tongue:stuck_out_tongue: Looking forward to receiving that ball again.

Of course, any comments/ views are well appreciated.

Greetz

Willmark:

@Baggronor:
That's it? You don't know what waiting is!

Swissdictator:

6th and 7th editions?

Try our luck! :stuck_out_tongue:

Can you imagine the influx when we get updated? Sheesh! :wink: That’s why I’m running Skaven now, so I can not be quite as much of a Skaven n00b when they’re redone.

Currently reading the Gazette, looks great as per usual.

Baggronor:

I'm a bit terrified of what Games Workshop might do to the/ my beloved Skaven, after the Vampire Counts, Daemons of Chaos, Dark Elves and Lizardmen armybooks.
Well, the rumours sound encouraging (less shooty/magicy more hitty combat). My personal views of the above books have been aired several times, not always to everyone's agreement. If Skaven get a book of the same quality and writing as the DEs, then that can only be a good thing. The 5th ed book was awesome, and hopefully, like many of the 7th ed books, it will be a bit of a throwback to that.
I really have been waiting for about two years now, as Skaven were really struggling to get up to par with the other armies. (The difference in power level between 6th edition armybooks and 7th edition armybooks can really be felt)...
2 years? Twoooo years?? Bah! 2 years is the time we here wait between rumours, let alone an army book!! Try 10 years waiting and the difference in power level between Ravening Hordes and 7th ed :)

Skaven Lord Vinshqueek:

Good grief, I’m going to be reminded of that comment for a long, long time, am I not? rolls eyes

Greetz

Willmark:

Well you kinda did ask for it :slight_smile: