[Archive] Skin Wolves and Arcane Frogs are up for order

ryanamandaanna:

Skin Wolves:  here

Rules:  here

Many are the dark and nightmarish horrors that the Ruinous Powers have visited upon the world, yet few are as strange as the Skin Wolves of legend. The witch-curs�?Td and Chaos-tainted men and women afflicted with this gift from their unholy gods bear a mutation that does not show as a stigmata of the flesh, but instead lurks in the blood, a slumbering beast to be roused by dark sacrifice and unspeakable ritual.

When this horror is unleashed, there is no mere transformation from man into beast; instead a great humanoid wolf-thing bursts fully-formed from the body of the human. Lean and half-insane with Chaos-tainted hunger, the Skin Wolf is so-named for the scraps and tatters of flesh and chunks of gristle that cling to its hulking frame; all that remains of the human form it once bore. Only once battle is spent and their voracious hunger sated will the transformation be reversed, the flesh of the Skin Wolf collapsing into a pallid and terrible mass from which the human must tear itself free.

The Skin Wolves set contains three multi-part resin figures. Models designed by Keith Robertson. This kit is available to pre-order now for despatch from Friday 30th March. A set of experimental rules that allow the Skin Wolves to be used alongside any Warhammer army in Storm of Magic games can be downloaded now, taken from the forthcoming Monstrous Arcanum book.

Arcane Frogs:  here

The physical effect of a Storm of Magic on the Warhammer world is most often visible in the great Arcane Fulcrums that rear from the earth, drawn forth by the howling gales of sorcerous power. Controlling and channelling such unimaginable energy is not without its risks however, and if it goes awry dramatic and sudden transformations can occur, leaving once-mighty spell casters no more than bloated amphibians atop their eldritch perches.

Models designed by Mark Bedford and Thais Mariblanca Lopez. The Arcane Frogs set comprises two resin miniatures. These models can be pre-ordered now for despatch from Friday the 30th of March.

gIL^:

The Fluff for those skin wolves is quite disturbing…

Scary Models, Scary Fluff and Scary rules… I APPROVE!

ryanamandaanna:

I keep wondering if they’re supposed to be painted all bloody with their skin hanging off of them…?

Thommy H:

Nice - although the rules for the Skin Wolves are a bit…low key. They should have something that makes them a bit more unique, I think. As it is, they’re just fairly generic monstrous infantry. Swiftstride would be good on them.

Time of Madness:

Good alternative to crpyt horrors though. They look similar to them.

Not sure the frogs are priced correctly. Seems like a lot for only 2 of them.

Time of Madness

*I meant crypt horrors, not rat ogres (changed above).

JonJon:

The regenerate rule makes them nice

ryanamandaanna:

Good alternative to crpyt horrors though. They look similar to them.

Time of Madness
yeah... I was surprised that they were chaos and not vampire counts.

Grimbold Blackhammer:

Sadly I might have to order those frogs.  Sivjar’s Hex Scroll is a staple of my army!

Grimbold Blackhammer

Da Crusha:

wow cool werewolves. I always thought warhammer needed werewolves.

Ravenswood:

wow! WOW! Will buy them! Frogs for display painting and skinwolves of Tzeeenth for game)

Abecedar:

I like the wolves and might get them but the frogs just don’t grab my attention

Zuh-Khinie:

So, if I get this correctly, the wolves burst from their human forms… do they then don their loincloths and proceed for some frenzied slaughter?

It’s always the details that get me :slight_smile:

I still prefer the ‘Thing in the Woods’ from Mordheim to use as a chaos shapeshifter…

Discoking:

Bloody Twilight hammer, lol.

I don’t really like vampires in Warhammer, although they do fit in with the Nagash story nicely, so its understandable…

But werewolves? They’re a bot far fetched for me.

They sound like they should be more of a Beastmen thing, instead of a chaos (warrior/daemon) thing…

Eg, the mention of “ruinous powers” and “once being human”.

But they get the 4 gods bonus?..

Hmmm

Seems a bit “we need something fantasy… Ah werewolves…”

Nicodemus:

Nice - although the rules for the Skin Wolves are a bit...low key. They should have something that makes them a bit more unique, I think. As it is, they're just fairly generic monstrous infantry. Swiftstride would be good on them.

Thommy H
Thumbs up to that!  Very ho-hum... nothing to get inspired by or make me want to champion them!  Even the most under-performing model can find gameplay in the hands of a dedicated player who really likes their fluff and gets enjoyment out of just having them around.  Maybe the Monstrous Arcana will have such great fluff for these guys that we'll all want to field them.  Then again... ho-hum.

As for the toads - I'm waiting on Dave King's toads, which should be out just about any time now!! I'd bet dollars to donuts that they'll be better than the FW ones and will probably be priced either the same per model or cheaper ;)

~N

Abecedar:

bugger the toads, I’m still waiting for more “dwergs”. NYR (new years resolution) if I stop buying rubbish I’ll be able to afford more good stuff