[Archive] Skullcracker up for sale

Vogon:

From today’s Warhammer Forge news letter :slight_smile:

Chaos Dwarf Skullcracker

When laying siege to an enemy, a Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith will sometimes remove the fell cannonades of an Iron Daemon and replace them with a hissing and grinding arcane-mechanical conglomeration of iron hammers, hacking blades and brutal picks. Designed to smash down walls and tear fortifications asunder, the cruel blades of the so-called Chaos Dwarf Skullcracker are equally adept at pulverising the flesh and bones of any enemy unfortunate to be caught in its implacable path.

The Chaos Dwarf Skullcracker is a highly detailed full resin kit, designed by Tim Adcock, and is supplied with three unique crew figures designed by Thais Mariblanca Lopez. It is available to order now, and full rules for this nefarious device can be found as part of the Legion of Azgorh army list in Tamurkhan: The Throne of Chaos.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/CHAOS-DWARF-SKULLCRACKER.html

Time of Madness:

You beat me to it, by 4 minutes!

Just released and looks rather nice!

Time of Madness

Vogon:

I was hoping for the Character pack at the same time but I guess not.

Love the model though and of course Christmas is coming up :slight_smile:

Alakihel:

Awesome man !

Are the rules for this evil machine in the Tamurkhan book? I don’t have it yet and they ddidn’t said anything about it on the page ?

:hat off

Time of Madness:

Yes the rules are in the new book. It is an upgrade option for the iron daemon.

Time of Madness

theforgefather:

How many times has that Empire guy been killed (or about to be) on gw/fw new releases? I don’t feel sorry for him though.

macbeth:

Nice looking mini, but ten quids more than a regular Iron Daemon seems à bit expensive…

Galladorn:

Am thinking ahead a bit, but do I order 1 or 2…

rabotak:

ooh that´s a tough one…i didn´t expect it to be released until after xmas…

I really really love the crew, they must be my favorites sculpts from the current range (although pretty much everything is amazing!), the cracker itself is… well, allright for my taste… I´m not too much into it, looks better than the shrieker though, which imo is the weakest sculpt (but not the shrieker crew!).

looks like I´ll have to calculate my funds again - thank god i already have all the xmas-presents already, this´ll make my decision easier :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

cornixt:

Looks nice, I think I’ll just get a regular iron daemon and have the optional swap out of the cannons myself.

And they have taken down all the CD experimental rules that used to be on the site.

Thommy H:

It has more worky-bitz than I remember. Looks nice, but I don’t have the patience to assemble it.

vulcanologist:

Looks great but maybe like thommy I might not have the patience (or cash!) for it!

gIL^:

£60 is a bit much for it.

Shame cos it’s just so chaos dwarfy.

Murdock129:

I disagree, based on it’s size (It does appear noticably bigger than the Iron Daemon due to the weapons), and the sheer amount of details on it I’d be willing to pay the extra £10

KramDratta:

I am waiting for the FAQ re the Thunderstomp/Grinding attacks. If am going to spend that much on a model, I want to make sure that I will be using it in games.

Bassman:

I’m not talking gamewise but as a pure miniature this is amazing. I think it’s one of the coolest entries of the new range. Look at details, the crew, the boiler… I love it!

Unfortunately it’s too expensive for me :frowning: but great miniature. IMO

gIL^:

I disagree, based on it's size (It does appear noticably bigger than the Iron Daemon due to the weapons), and the sheer amount of details on it I'd be willing to pay the extra £10

Murdock129
Wel price is in the eye of the beholder but i would like to remind everyone that the ork stompa is just over £60 and is 10 times it's size.

Vogon:

I disagree, based on it's size (It does appear noticably bigger than the Iron Daemon due to the weapons), and the sheer amount of details on it I'd be willing to pay the extra £10

Murdock129
Wel price is in the eye of the beholder but i would like to remind everyone that the ork stompa is just over £60 and is 10 times it's size.

gIL^
Well as we all know Forge World stuff is expensive, after all we are talking £20 UK for 16 Dwarfs with plenty of options or £36 UK for 10 chaos dwarfs with no options.
Comparing sizes and prices between Forge World and Games workshop is pretty much irrelevant.  
£60 for the Skullcracker is quite a lot but in my opinion it is as good a buy as anything else in their range and I would be perfectly prepared to pay it where I would not be prepared to pay for other products which at face value are more model for your money.

If you don't want to pay the coin convert your own (not forgetting to share your ideas and results :) ), after all that's what made this forum great in the first place.

Cheers

Vogon

gIL^:

Murdock129

gIL^
Well as we all know Forge World stuff is expensive, after all we are talking £20 UK for 16 Dwarfs with plenty of options or £36 UK for 10 chaos dwarfs with no options.
Comparing sizes and prices between Forge World and Games workshop is pretty much irrelevant.  
£60 for the Skullcracker is quite a lot but in my opinion it is as good a buy as anything else in their range and I would be perfectly prepared to pay it where I would not be prepared to pay for other products which at face value are more model for your money.

If you don't want to pay the coin convert your own (not forgetting to share your ideas and results :) ), after all that's what made this forum great in the first place.

Cheers

Vogon

Vogon
My skullcrusher is going to be a mammoth :D

Vogon:

My skullcrusher is going to be a mammoth :D

gIL^
Now THAT sounds interesting :)

Cheers

Vogon