[Archive] Slave Ogres for Chaos Dwarf armies? Forge World Ogryns

Xander:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/renogs.htm

Slave Ogres for Chaos Dwarf armies? :0

What do you think?

Uzkul Werit:

They’d make a good base for a Slave Ogre but those hoods don’t look right.

Hashut’s Blessing:

I wouldn’t use them (apart from obvious cost issues) because they seem just strange. Not sure hoe to explain it, but nothing like how I imagine enslaved ogres to be.

Grimstonefire:

Whilst they are very nice models, IMO they look a little too 40k.

some of the ideas could easily be taken over to slave ogres though.

Monty:

I HATE forgeworld… Soooooo good it makes me sick. If only my wallet was as big as my eyes.

These will certainly find a way into my CD’s army!!

Warcaster_Wyatt:

to much vials and other 40k stuff on them, and to expensive.

oboudd:

I would take Ogryn but they just look a little to advanced for

warhammer.

DANEK:

Ahaha. Dammit Xander! I thought I was the only one to think of that! :smiley:

I purchased the one lurching forward with the hammer last week, and anxiously await it in the mail. It brought to mind the exerpt from Grudgebearer, about the Slave-Ogres hammering the ingots into the ground to chain the warmachines.

I see only a minimum need for conversion work really, as the model strikes me as how the Dawi Zharr would break an Ogre; by taking his cultural identity away from him.

His precious bellyplate shattered before his eyes, his jaw shattered, his face obscured. For a creature who has a mind like a child, such damage would make him as complacent as any beast of burden.

hal:

Those are absolutely fantastic models, some of the best Forgeworld have produced IMO.

They don’t look very suited for warhammer I think, but they’re too tempting not to have!

Xander:

What makes them look advanced? The hoses? The bottles? Don’t use them. Even the one with a Jack Hammer for an arm has a gear sticking out of his elbow.

Nemo:

I love 'em. If they weren’t so expensive some would be quickly added to my Steampunk lot. Damn lack of money:~

Thanks for sharing these Xander and I don’t think they look too advanced, Chaos Dwarfs could easily enhance them with that technology.

:cheers

Nemo

Slaver_of_Zharr:

hehehehe to me they almost look like they were made to be slave ogres!:slight_smile:

they do look a bit 40k but all that realy need to be done is leave out the vials-things on their back and replace the tubes with chains

DANEK:

I’ll be removing the tanks on the back myself, sculpting scar tissue(from lash marks) in their place.

I like the tubes/hoses though. I can see this pathetic huge creature reduced to sucking down liquids by the torture of the Dawi Zharr.

catbarf:

Actually, Danek just gave me an idea. He’s right about how you break an Ogre- I think I’ll need to convert some to have plate-less, lacerated bellies; and hooded heads.

The Slaver:

cool models, i think they may have a future in my army… anyone know the rules about giant DoW in CD armies?? Now that could get a little crazy converting!

Traitor King:

methinkss that xanders kollosus would work as a DoW giant in a chaod dwarf army. The rules might not fit that well but it would be a simple way of using a great model.

On orgyns on the other hand look a little to futuristic. Sure, you could convert them but personly i wouldnt want to convert a forge world miniture (wouldnt want to much up detail/ it would be hard to sculp well enough for it to match up).

cypher:

Meh, I really don’t like the hoods. It makes them all look like they’re on their way to go clubbin’ at some “alternative” dance clubs. I don’t think that Hashut would approve.

Kera foehunter:

look what i dug up !!!

this would be some cool cd ogres

Zanko:

I don´t like this minis!

IMO the hoods look silly altogether to much future like. No real fantasy stuff!

The old GW Ogres were much cooler! :cheers

Also the Ogres from Foundry are much better looking …

… perhaps they are a bit too humorous! :wink:

:hashut

Kera foehunter:

those are cool and Humorous thats why i get them !!!

I WANT THEM !!!