the new stats  as corrected by hb and viskar

slaves

M  WS BS S  T   I  W  A  LD points 2

4    2   2  3   3  2   1  1   6

slaver

M  WS BS S  T  I W  A  LD

3,   4   3, 3, 4, 1, 2, 2, 9.

Hand Weapon and Whip

Whip: Range 6", treat as thrown weapon, S 3.

Special Rules: Each turn, you may use one of the following rules:

“come back here you!”

the slaver can make his attacks against the unit (and still use them in combat), causing a re-rollable leadership test or animosity test for the turn.

“faster!”

the slaver makes all of his attacks against the unit (and may still use them in combat) the unit moves d6" extra this turn

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hashut’s Blessing:

Okay, first of all, the statline is M, WS, BS, S, T, W, I, A, Ld. They should be something like 3, 4 (at least), 3, 3, 4, 1, 2, 2, 9. Then, you must consider how much the slaver costs. There also should be a downside to the “faster!” rule. “come back here you!” should be, make a single slaver attack against the unit and the unit may then re-roll a leadership test that turn. Is the “roll a D6” rule every time you use a special rule of theirs? Also, the unit should still suffer animosity, but the slaver can make an attack to re-roll the animosity roll. If he does, the other two rules can;t be used.

Therefore:

M WS BS S T W I A Ld

3 4 3 3 4 1 2 2 9

Hand Weapon and Whip

Whip: Range 6", treat as thrown weapon, S 3.

Special Rules: Each turn, you may use one of the following rules:

“come back here you!”

the slaver can make his attacks against the unit (and still use them in combat), causing a re-rollable leadership test or animosity test for the turn.

“faster!”

the slaver makes all of his attacks against the unit (and may still use them in combat) the unit moves d6" extra this turn

As for points: 15 at least…

asheira:

love it

and i like the “get him” effect on whiping them but it should be a 2d6 and when you role a 2 they rebell incompasitating the champion for the turn and your opponent takes them for a turn

zorn sabretooth:

thanks i think ill go w ith hb:cheers

Viskar Zhragoth:

Hello, just noticed this, and I’m not sure if I understand it all correctly…you basically have a unit of slaves…and they can get a slaver to lead them, right?

The fifteen points for the slaver? Or the slaves?

I’d think slaves themselves would not be all that good in hth (assuming you’re talking about human/elf other slaves and not orcs). they should be pretty cheap, probably untrained and malnourished, right?

So shouldn’t they be more like:

M WS BS S T I W A LD

4 2 2 3 3 2 1 1 6

They would be very cheap (like 2-3 pts), and then you could have a slaver model for 20-25 pts (you might even allow them to buy a couple of slavers for big units). His basic cost would be 15 points, but his effect in driving the slaves forward would make him more expensive. make it like 1 slaver per 10 models (possible, though they could take less).

Also, you could give them this special rule:

Rule of the whip: If a unit of slaves fails a panic test, the slaver can whip them back into line. Lose D3 models of slaves (as they are whipped or trampled), and the unit passes the panic test.

Anyway, I’m sure I’m missing a lot of this thread, just thought I’d send my 2 cents.

zorn sabretooth:

aah the stas up there are for the slaver not the slaves but i think i’ll add those stats any way

Hashut’s Blessing:

Glad to be of help. I think the statline Viskar has suggested is great for the slaves. 2 points sounds about right, all count as armed with hand weapons. I think the slaver should be like a unit champion, they should be no standard bearer choice, probably no musician choice and the “Rule of the whip” rule, personally, looks to be solved better with the “Come back here, you!” and “Faster!” rules…

Kera foehunter:

How many slave unit can you  have . per 1000.pt???

Narflung:

I’ve always seen the slaves as too individually weak to cause harm and therefore should be treated like a swarm base eg snotlings etc.

I’m working on a way to add them as an upgrade for a unit, eg, a unit of warriors with a slaver can have a unit of slaves attached - to stand in front and take any charges etc, leaving the warriors free to counter charge.

But I’m away for work for the next few months so I’m away from my rulebooks

Kera foehunter:

Are these human slaves or slaves like goblins or lesser creather?

zorn sabretooth:

humans elves dwarves goblins