[Archive] small problem

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

well i got my first packet of GS today and i’m suck already

first some pieces i didn’t need have hardend id there any way to stop that?

and second how do you mould (i think it mould) 'cos when i do it with a slupting tool it looks like i’ve carved through it when i want to look natural

Kera foehunter:

god bob i think xander has a vidio on molds with green stuff

GRNDL:

re: Moulding? Natural look?

Do you mean smoothing it out so it doesn’t look like its been “sculpted”?

As far as I know there is no way to slow down the curing process, only speed it up - with heat, say from a desk lamp. Before it is cured, you can use rubbing alcohol to dissolve the surface, making it smoother and more fluid.

re: hard bits

If you have hard bits inside the putty you’ve just mixed, then you might have some cr*p GS.  If it came as a ribbon then the area around the middle of the ribbon, where the green and blue are side by side, has probably already cured a bit and when you knead it together, hardens rapidly. The best thing you can do with this, is cut away the area between the two before kneading the rest together. Alternatively, buy some GS that comes as two seperate rolls - this will be far better for sculpting - it is more consistent, hardly any lumps and keeps a very long time if you keep it in the freezer.

kera could you give a link thanks :cheers

and grndl sorry i never did this befor

and the hard bits are that i rolled up to much so the bits i didn’t need i left but forgot that it would harden is there any way to revers that?

GRNDL:

No, once its cured, its permanent. I roll my leftovers into balls or squares that I can use for terrain - rocks, bricks, and so on. But once they are cured, they need to be cut/carved to shape.

Kera foehunter:

here you go godbob !!check out the other green stuff on u-tubethey have a few things that might help you

stay away from the bad green stuff !!!they even have grimstonefire ammor vidio too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwzJkE2gKhA

Hashut’s Blessing:

Godbob, what ya need to do is mix VERY small amounts, if you need more, mix some more up. Also, wet the tool, but then dab it dryISH. It needs to be damp.

A lot of people say to let it cure for 20minutes, but I prefer not to as I find it almost solid then.

Godbob, what ya need to do is mix VERY small amounts, if you need more, mix some more up. Also, wet the tool, but then dab it dryISH. It needs to be damp.

A lot of people say to let it cure for 20minutes, but I prefer not to as I find it almost solid then.

Hashut's Blessing
i tryed wetting it but i haven't tryed it dry so i don't know the different:idea