[Archive] Snakemen **This message was automatically appended because it was too short.**

AGPO:

I found these whilst perusing SoL for inspiration and apparently snakemen used to be part of chaos armies. I’m tempted to add some as alternative forsaken, could anyone who was playing back in the Realm of Chaos days give me some background? I’ve never heard of thembefore but think it’s a pretty cool concept. It looks like they could have been the inspiration for the Laer, Delacha and that wierd new dark eldar bodyguard figure.

Thommy H:

I’ve been skimming through my (ahem) PDF copies of Slaves to Darkness and The Lost and the Damned, but I can’t find any reference to Snakemen. The way the books are laid out makes it pretty much impossible to figure out where their background might be though. If anyone has a rough idea of which book they might be in and any more information, I’m happy to look them up and give any ‘canon’ background.

bigdark:

Only here to offer encouragement, if you find something - please post. It has piqued my curiosity.

My guess is that they have something to do with Ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssslaanesh. Hardyharhar!

Hashut’s Blessing:

One would assume an off-shoot of Beastmen. Don’t forget, beastmen used to have many more forms.

cornixt:

I can’t find any rules or fluff for them in the Warhammer Armies book or main rulebook from 3rd edition. Maybe it was earlier than that or just in a WD.

GRNDL:

They may just be chaos mutations rather than an actual race. Back before the Realm of Chaos books came out, GW/Citadel liked having tables of mutations you could roll on and create craploads of unique, rules heavy characters for Warhammer. The one I’m thinking of is in the First Citadel Compendium (which also has the very first WH40k ad and rules, if you can call them that), but there was a marked Chaos presence in that magazine. To support the article, there was a lot of “random chaos mutant” minis.

zobo1942:

This?

The Mark of Chaos

GRNDL:

This?

http://www.solegends.com/citcat1983comp1us/citcomp1us040-01.htm

zobo1942
Yup, that's the one. Though looking through it didn't reveal any snake men. The closest mutations in the table are "poisonous bite" and snake-tail, which is a tail ending in the head of a snake that can bite.

So, yeah. Hmmm. No snake-men there.

Abecedar:

My guess is that they have something to do with Ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssslaanesh. Hardyharhar!

bigdark
That was my plan. My WoC is usually slaanesh themed and I've got 20 plus of those snakeys that I have been useing as my chosen