[Archive] Sneaky Gits(1)

Steven:

If this is listed somewhere, I apologize, but my quick searches didn’t pull anything up.

I am finally getting to play a game this weekend! It’s been at least 2 years since I’ve gotten to play. I understand the Sneaky Gits rules have changed, where they can’t lap around anymore, is that correct? They still get their poisoned attacks though right? Just making sure so I don’t start having them do something they are no longer allowed to do.

Also, I noticed on the links for errata 2 and 3 on the wiki site open to a GW page but it isn’t a link for any errata. In case anyone hasn’t noticed before.

Thanks in advance!

cornixt:

The lap around rules don’t exist in 7th edition, so the Sneaky Git use of it is defunct. They still have all their other rules.

I’ll look into fixing the link to the errata. With the GW reorganisation of their website they might not be around anymore

Steven:

The lap around rules don't exist in 7th edition, so the Sneaky Git use of it is defunct.  They still have all their other rules.

I'll look into fixing the link to the errata.  With the GW reorganisation of their website they might not be around anymore

cornixt
Good deal! At least I know what's happening with them now. I was thinking about all the lists I have seen people post here, and I don't remember anyone taking them in any of the lists I saw. Is there a reason not to take them anymore? 5 points still seems like a good deal for poisoned attacks. Is it because of the special slot?

Thanks for checking the links too. I imagine they are probably gone, but their web site is so slow anymore, I'm not sure it's worth the time trying to find it. :D

Thanks for all the help Cornixt!

minty:

well, the main reason is our main hammer -big uns/blorcs - our filthiest unit for point cost -BT- also fill up special, so theres no room for some gits

Lord Zarkov:

The lap around rules don't exist in 7th edition, so the Sneaky Git use of it is defunct.  They still have all their other rules.

I'll look into fixing the link to the errata.  With the GW reorganisation of their website they might not be around anymore

cornixt
Good deal!  At least I know what's happening with them now.  I was thinking about all the lists I have seen people post here, and I don't remember anyone taking them in any of the lists I saw.  Is there a reason not to take them anymore?  5 points still seems like a good deal for poisoned attacks.  Is it because of the special slot?  

Thanks for checking the links too.  I imagine they are probably gone, but their web site is so slow anymore, I'm not sure it's worth the time trying to find it.  :D

Thanks for all the help Cornixt!

Steven
Sneakies are great - I use 2 units at 2K, deninitly worth it.

It's the two poisoned attacks that do it.  On the charge they can rape a full unit of bloodletters (scarilly quite easilly, in one round of combat with fairly average rolls I brought them down from somwhere 15-20 to 5 (although there was a hero in that unit)).  They're also a little faster than CD blocks which is always good, and with their low points cost even a unit of 25 is very expendable (155pts with command).
The main downside is of course animosity if you're unlucky enough to roll lots of 1s, and also low Ld if they're outside the bubble, although the addition of a hero means they should st least pass panic tests.

Steven:

Great! Thanks all! I’ll definitely throw a unit or two out there in this game then. It’s been so long since I’ve played I imagine my tactical abilities have gone straight down the drain. It should be fun either way though. :slight_smile:

Narflung:

Let us know how you go. I’ve got a unit of Sneaky Gits painted up (waiting for the rest my army to follow) but I was going to ditch them for the bolt throwers

Uzkul Werit:

If I remember correctly, there were rules around a while back to make up for the lack of lap around for Sneaky Gitz. They could always reform … something like that.

wizuriel:

yeah they can always reform after a combat and enemies can’t increasetheir frontage.

I have a copy of the GT errata if anyone wants