[Archive] Sneaky Gitz

Nemo:

Well as I’ve made them, I thought I should see if they are worth fielding. I have a few questions to ask you all:

1) How many should be fielded, if any?

2) What is their best use on the battlefield?

3) Which army/armies are they best against?

:cheers

Nemo

minty:

well git king,I’d suggest using them as an opffendive unit since there the 2nd most powerful combat infantry in the army (after GW warriors ) and there cheap so a unit of about 24 with full command, deployed 6X4 (this is how I use corisairs, and there almost the same, mine are just better armoured, faster, higher LD and more skilled, but gits are a 2 for 1 deal compared to the elf)

or use em in a unit of 10-15 as support, but i’d advise against it as there faster than most other combat infantry in the army

metro_gnome:

you want 25-30… full command…
killer against weak armor opponents…

2nd most powerful is an exaggeration…
orcs in any config (except spears) will serve better than gits…
all the same… 2x poisoned attacks doesnt suck…

Nehan:

Unfortunately, sneaky gits in 7th edition are very weak. :frowning:

Dissembler:

big numbers, 25 minimum full command. sending them agianst standard units is a waste-they’re giant killers.

Anything with a big monster base is going be best attacked by gits. They’re relatively fast and the poison makes them perfect for taking down big things because stregth is a non issue. No infantry unit in the CD list has the physical stats to do it without GW, and if you gave them GW they’re not going to survive for very long because they’ll strike last and have crappy armor saves. On top of that gits aren’t very expensive but the models they’ll be killing are.

Draconis:

I think that’s part of the Key. One thing you might also consider is to have Sneaky gits on the Flank to support your main units. Sneaky gits on a flank charge should be devastating with all of those poison attacks coming in. Especially if you have a large block of them, 6-7 wide in a rank.

I do agree though, compared to 6th, Sneaky gits are very weak. Hopefully GW will keep them around and make them skirmishers. In which case I honestly think they’d be perfect and more suited to a role as.

ross_lionheart:

I think that's part of the Key. One thing you might also consider is to have Sneaky gits on the Flank to support your main units. Sneaky gits on a flank charge should be devastating with all of those poison attacks coming in. Especially if you have a large block of them, 6-7 wide in a rank.

I do agree though, compared to 6th, Sneaky gits are very weak. Hopefully GW will keep them around and make them skirmishers. In which case I honestly think they'd be perfect and more suited to a role as.

Draconis
I agree, I dont think that sneaky gits can be used as a unit that is used offensively. Instead they need to be used on the flanks alongside a unit of chaos dwarfs or perhaps even orcs.

A standard unit of 25 hobgoblins sneaky gits with FCMD costs only 80 points, alongside a hobgoblin hero with a great weapon and gauntlets of bazrakh the cruel you have one serious threat to your opponents if they get the flank charge.

metro_gnome:

180 points you mean… i’d rather have T4 S4 AS6+ orcs…

tho I like this hero config…

hal:

Maybe throw the Hero onto a wolf.

ross_lionheart:

180 points you mean... i'd rather have T4 S4 AS6+ orcs...
tho I like this hero config...

metro_gnome
The sneaky git models are really nice as well but they are kinda expensive for 25 models from GW online :~

I was actually thinking about using a unit of 24 with FCMD and a hobgoblin hero, do you think they are worth their points value or should I just buy a unit of orcs?

Nehan:

buy some bolt throwers :slight_smile:

metro_gnome:

i like them… and i would do it… except…

the models are really expensive…

and with the future of hobgoblins in the list so uncertain…

and their combat effectiveness lesser than cheapo orc plastics…

well its a matter of “echo-gnomics” as they say…

Lava Lord:

Not being sure about sneaky gits, actually aprehensive I got a few, 10 models.��I went up against a skaven army.��I sent the sneaky gits out to try to get close and pick a target of opprotunity.��Lo and behold, a rat orge came by hell bent for destruction.��I decided to throw the sneaky gits in front to maybe slow it down so I could prep a response.��They attacked and to my opponets and my surprise killed it in the first CC!!!:)��I will always field a unit of 10 and afor mentioned go character or large monster hunting!!:hashut

metro_gnome:

i’d say get another ten then… and it could afford to have a command…

and one less for the character… so you’d really only need 6 more git models…

and a hobbo command… and what are they good for anyway…

these guys are useful… but they will panic easily…