[Archive] Sneaky Gitz!

Gorgeous-Dwarf-Woman:

Hey what-up my vertically challenged amigos. I’ve been toying with the idea of starting a CD army for ages, i’m more of a collector than a gamer, so this army would fit my needs perfectly. Over the years I have snapped up every sneaky git model ive ever seen and I now have over 30 of them in thier original sprues (beleive it or not).

I’ve got tired of gaming with my wood elves, and wanted to know if an army of sneaky gitz is worth my time to paint and play with?

one last question… can somebody illustrate for me the usefulness of CD warriors, because to me they seem like a poor choice for troops.

thanks guys, looking forward to growing my beard out with all of you.

cheers.

Joshmohr:

Chaos dwarf warriors… Without them you cannot play, Since hobbo units don’t count toward the limited number of Core Units… They are either slaves or mercenary’s…

Sneaky Gits are fun to play with ^^

Baggronor:

WS4, T4, Ld9, 3+ armour save in HtH or a blunderbuss. What more could you ask for in core infantry? Point for point, basic Dwarfs are the best infantry in the game. Many games come down to staying power, and thats what Dwarfs are all about. M3 is slow, but if you’re having to run towards them, you’re doing it wrong :slight_smile: Used in conjunction with 2pt WS3 disposable hobgoblins, Sneaky Gits and/or a Black Orc hammer unit, you have an exceptional infantry setup.

Gorgeous-Dwarf-Woman:

in your opinion, what kind of damage can I expect sneaky gitz to dole out? will they be more useful as disposable units, or is their poisoned attacks worth keeping them around to use?

so warriors are pretty phat then… i assume they shine with blunderbusses but how do they hold up in combat?

superfella:

pretty much the same as regular dwarf warriors… which is good news for us!

just a thought… but… how are your sneaky gitz still on sprues? metal models dont come on a sprue?! or have i missed something?

Gorgeous-Dwarf-Woman:

by sprues i meant blisters. sorry for the confusion. I just liked to collect the models, because they are somewhat rare. now that I have enough of them to start a CD army, im just wondering what everyone else’s experiences with the gitz have been like.

Last night the owner of my local shop told me that some sneaky gitz rules are now obsolete… is there any truth behind this?

snowblizz:

by sprues i meant blisters. sorry for the confusion. I just liked to collect the models, because they are somewhat rare. now that I have enough of them to start a CD army, im just wondering what everyone else's experiences with the gitz have been like.

Last night the owner of my local shop told me that some sneaky gitz rules are now obsolete... is there any truth behind this?

Gorgeous-Dwarf-Woman
Hah! Not so many have any experience, since they are to come by. And now we know why! :~
Yes, Sneaky Gits had the "Lap Around" rules, or rather could always use it. It was removed in the 7th edition of the rules (maybe even the 6th come to think of it).

I think there was a short Errata to give them something else than just poisoned attacks, a free reform move in combat or something, even if they lost?

Hobgoblyn:

Poison should work nice against some of those armies that other greenskins have trouble against-- Ogres, Dwarfs… Orcs.

Things that have T4 and above.

However, when you are using them alongside Dwarfs who put out S4 hits, they aren’t nearly as useful.

Joshmohr:

Sneaky gits kick a** at flanking. Remember that…

Thane Godri GoblinSlayer:

Well you can still use lap around rules, everyone at my local store still does.

Swissdictator:

I’ve always thought the concept was cool, and is part of the lore of the CD. I like the models too.

I’d love to see them return when we’re redone. I’d be interested if they would make them skirmishers or not, or have some interesting mechanic like miners, scouts, or gutter runner tunneling teams

Da Crusha:

in your opinion, what kind of damage can I expect sneaky gitz to dole out? will they be more useful as disposable units, or is their poisoned attacks worth keeping them around to use?

so warriors are pretty phat then... i assume they shine with blunderbusses but how do they hold up in combat?

Gorgeous-Dwarf-Woman
well, I like sneaky gits because they have 2 poison attacks and are pretty cheap. I would use them in large numbers (25+) to specifically go after large creatures that ( A ) have no armour and ( B ) have High toughness that may be difficult to wound with other guys in your army. this is a typical strategy for poison creatures.

Also I plan on using them on my friend's bloodletter army because, typically when I fight bloodletters most of my dwarfs get killed before they get to fight back. with a large frontage of sneaky gits I will undoubtedly get some attacks back since bloodletters only have one attack each. to match a frontage of 5 bloodletters which is 125mm I can have sneaky gits with a front rank of 8 models which will be 160 mm. all 8 of my sneaky gits will be in base contact with the bloodletter unit, giving me 16 attacks back or 17 with a champion. :idea

Gorgeous-Dwarf-Woman:

Most of my warhammer knowledge is from 40K, if any of you are familiar with wyches and banshees from the Dark Eldar and Eldar ranges (respectfully) you’ll find that both of these units are used for taking down units of very tough but low-armoured opponents, and oftentimes large monstrous creatures, comparable to giants and trolls in fantasy.

Comparitively it seems that sneaky gitz fill the same role in the CD army. large numbers of poisoned attacks designed to cripple large opponents like beastmen Centaurs.

If I were to run a git-heavy CD list how would all of you recommend I use them. I’m thinking 3 ranks of 8, with A unit of Black Orks carrying the banner of slavery to keep my gitz in check. Alternatively I could use A Bull Centaur Lord as a distraction, im sure this guy could soak up alot of ranged firepower.

all-in-all it’s too bad that the lap-around rules no longer apply to gitz. I think that when GW redoes the CD’s they should consider giving gitz more mobility, possibly by granting them the skirmishing rules, maybe giving them access to poisoned crossbows or something to that effect, and allowing them extra movement through forests.

~Gorgeous-Dwarf-Woman~

Ubertechie:

Another way to use them would just be in a unit of 14 (7*2) as flankers for your blocks of CD Warriors - 14 poisoned attacks to the flanks of most units should result in some damamge and all for 90 points.
In comparison to something like witchelves they are fantastic - half the cost - no frenzy (so you cant lead them around the board) - yes they have lower ws,i, ld and one less attack but they are 5 points a piece not 10

CheTralfara:

I hate to spoil your party dwarf lady, but Black Orcs for some unexplainable reason cannot carry magic banners in a Chaos Dwarf army. I believe this was the ruling of the White Dwarf errata on greenskin usage in a CD army. However, a unit of Orc Boyz or Big’uns MAY carry magic banners… Doesn’t really make sense, does it? Maybe your opponents won’t mind though…

Speaking of lap around rules, can anyone copy the exact wording of the rules for Lapping Around in 6th edition onto here? I would like to know what they were so that I can use them for my gitz in friendly games… (i’m guessing they dish out even more massive amounts of attacks with lapping?)

.nick

Fallen246:

I hate to spoil your party dwarf lady, but Black Orcs for some unexplainable reason cannot carry magic banners in a Chaos Dwarf army. I believe this was the ruling of the White Dwarf errata on greenskin usage in a CD army. However, a unit of Orc Boyz or Big'uns MAY carry magic banners... Doesn't really make sense, does it? Maybe your opponents won't mind though...

CheTralfara
Only Big Uns get magical banners.
Speaking of lap around rules, can anyone copy the exact wording of the rules for Lapping Around in 6th edition onto here? I would like to know what they were so that I can use them for my gitz in friendly games... (i'm guessing they dish out even more massive amounts of attacks with lapping?)

CheTralfara
"When Sneaky Gitz are in combat, they may perform a free maneuver after every combat. When an opponent wins a combat against Sneaky Gitz, they may turn to face, but may never increase their frontage."

- Taken from the GW offical Chaos Dwarves FAQ.

cornixt:

Correction: Taken from GW official Chaos Dwarfs FAQ for US-GT only

Fallen246:

US only?

Aww nuts…

snowblizz:

US only?

Aww nuts...

Fallen246
Everyone uses them though. Since GW has officially banned CDs in most other places there are no similar rules needed for other countries.

cornixt:

Nothing wrong with the rules, but just be aware that they aren’t official outside of a US-GT. I think they make sense (well, maybe not the phrasing they used since that is awful) and I’d recommend them to anyone who notices how low down on the power curve we are as an army now.