[Archive] So I finally tried Hobgoblin

Pyro Stick:

SCORE! Only took me a month to find it lol:

King Goblin is very nice. I think i might actually prefer it to Hobgoblin. Its a lighter and crisper ale than Hobgoblin so i find it easier to drink.

Morissons are stocking it for anyone in the uk thats looking. Also, notice how the Green Goblin (worlds best cider) is now being marketed by the company that has always brewed it (Thatchers) but up until now has been sold by Wychwood.

nitroglysarine:

you can get Hobgoblin in almost every shop here in the uk. Wychwood do quite a few different characters.

http://www.greengoblincider.com/

and also may do this one:-

Dark Lord Ale

Zuh-Khinie:

Hobgoblin rocks!

I buy it in Italy every time I’m on holiday there.

Pyro Stick:

you can get Hobgoblin in almost every shop here in the uk. Wychwood do quite a few different characters.

nitroglysarine
See my post above. Green Goblin is brewed and sold by Thatchers. Wychwood designed the label though.

and also they do this one:-

Dark Lord Ale

nitroglysarine
Im pretty sure they dont make this. Its brewed by Batemans.

Heres a list of Wychwoods beers:
King Goblin
Hobgoblin
Wychcraft
Scarecrow
Goliath
January'S ale
Dirty Tackle
Paddy's Tout
Wizard's Staff
Regal Lager
Wychcraft
Bountiful
Dog's Bollocks
Bah Humbug

Ive never seen most of those so they are probably in store exclusives.

nitroglysarine:

See my post above. Green Goblin is brewed and sold by Thatchers. Wychwood designed the label though.

Pyro Stick
Yeah sorry, left the post on wait for to long didn't see your post.

Thatchers took over the brand a few years back, but it used to be brewed by Wychwood - hence the label, still think of it as a Wychwood though.

Could have sworn Dark Lord was a Wychwood brand, I had one a few days ago at a larp event as a gimick for the plot.
But it wasn't my first drink so, hmmm.

Pyro Stick:

Could have sworn Dark Lord was a Wychwood brand, I had one a few days ago at a larp event as a gimick for the plot.

nitroglysarine
I must admit that every time i see the label i think its a wychwood brand beer.

Border Reiver:

I’ve tried a number of wytchwood’s products here in Canada. I like most of them except for their stout (Black Witch I think it was - it was disappointing). Hobgoblin is definitely one of my favs , but I’ll have to see if I can find King Goblin here.

AGPO:

nitroglysarine

and also they do this one:-

Dark Lord Ale

nitroglysarine
Im pretty sure they dont make this. Its brewed by Batemans.

Heres a list of Wychwoods beers:
King Goblin
Hobgoblin
Wychcraft
Scarecrow
Goliath
January'S ale
Dirty Tackle
Paddy's Tout
Wizard's Staff
Regal Lager
Wychcraft
Bountiful
Dog's Bollocks
Bah Humbug

Ive never seen most of those so they are probably in store exclusives.

Pyro Stick
There are some that are not sold bottle conditioned and are only sold to local pubs and direct from the brewery in small batches. Black Sheep do the same. Until recently Rigwelter was not available as a bottle conditioned ale