[Archive] So what are you working on

Kera foehunter:

Well im painting  and painting:o out of my ten shield madded of hashut i have 3 done.i had to lay off the green stuff slave he put so much work left undone on me  :mad but i just wanted to see what anyone else was doingwith there armys:hat off

Malificant:

im sort of painting, but havnt really gotten around to priming anything. i just finished my darklands table though, and am working on 7 more tables for the tournament im holding. currently working on the chaos wastes and khemri.

ashur:

To busy to paint right know. To much to read. Im a CD fan but Iv always been atracted more to the background and less to the hobby.

I was waiting for the new VC to start a balkan undead army, but without the kislevite range I dont know where to start anymore. Damn GW.

Malificant:

ashur, have you read “the historian”? it is a great book about dracula and i think you might find some inspiration there if you finish it.

ashur:

Actually Ive been looking for that book, specially for the eastern europe context, but I havnt found it yet.

My plan was to mixt kislevites with undead. But the kislev range has dissapeard and I dont want to touch the few of them I already paint.

Thank you for the good advice.

Malificant:

it was on clearance at barnes and noble for about 2 months before x-mas. i picked up a copy for 6 bucks. great read, and interesting take on mixing the historical and mythical vlad into one.

Theory_Man:

I’m planning some good stuff, but you guys and gals are going to have to wait until after easter (maybe earlier) to see. Top secret stuff.

Narflung:

I have just started my first attempt at a scratch built CD. Based on the old old Chaos dwarf with the butchers cleaver and the asian style hat (the cone shaped hat). If it works out, pics will be posted… starting to look like a big IF, but perserverance is the key.

minty:

I’ve been working on my war machines, mainly my earthshaker built from a basalisk earthshaker, and my death rocket built from a grudge thrower

though loss of mail order was a real kick, since I can’t get just part I need, it just takes a bit more time to get stuff

grumble moan moan grumble

Malificant:

a guy in our league did nipponese dwarves and used postman’s tacks for the round hats.

Willmark:

As noted in the army blog, just got done with the Lammasu and am now moving on to the Taurus.

cornixt:

I’m trying to get my HGs done, converted from BFSP NGs. Plus I have a half done Juggernaut siege tower and an Astragoth-style Lord conversion. I’m planning to take pics of some of these half-finished projects just in case they get stuck in a box when I move (again!) in a couple of months

gIL^:

im working on, working on my chaos dwarf army

Ghrask Dragh:

Warrior with Blunderbuss is coming along, taking longer that I thought it would as ever!

As I need to create so many of them I am going to take the advice from HoH and try some moulds, stuff like foot armour, shoulder pads and blunderbuss, to speed up the process. So the warrior will not be up as soon as I hoped, sorry! I am also working on some bolt throwers, just painting there though so nothing to shout about.

:cheers

Pyro Stick:

Im working on my mountain of warriors and my MM90 marauders. I do a bit of my hellcannon when i find a piece :slight_smile: And im also working on another dwarf to chaos dwarf blasphemy in the form of my second White Dwarf, the WD 300th issue special edition. And every so often i do a bit more of my tenderiser.

Kera foehunter:

I got board got out my green stuff to make shields for my warriors.

hal:

I’m working on doing up my room at the moment. Getting rid of clutter and making better use of space etc. So basically, all my hobby stuff is temporarily being stored away.

The last thing I did though was sculpt a small Chaos Dwarf with a doll in his hand. Hopefully I’ll get pics up after I get my room finished.

Ghrask Dragh:

The last thing I did though was sculpt a small Chaos Dwarf with a doll in his hand.

hal
cool, I just got some mid-nor stuff from eBay today can't wait untill it gets here!

*sigh* all I managed to do this weekend...

(and most of the blunderbuss)

...to be honest I mostly played the xbox360, it's the first proper couple of days off I've had for a while so I just took it easy. Sculpting will resume tomorow.
I have also ordered some forgeworld stuff for their open day in April, last year they had a painting competition which I only found out about the friday before the sunday it was on and I nearly won! so this year I'm getting a good month to paint something and hopefully win!! the prize last year was a titan, don't even know if they are holding a paiting competition yet though.

hal:

Love the shoulder pad. How do you find that brown stuff?

Ghrask Dragh:

Love the shoulder pad. How do you find that brown stuff?

hal
:cheers
I like it! this is literally all I have done with brown-stuff so far so can't say too much, but really like the harder surface to sculpt with, you get more defined lines and straight edges, ideal for armour! I have yet to find a flaw but will let you know how it goes.