[Archive] Something Chaos Dwarfy this way comes

Willmark:

Chaos Dwarf rumors-

Just got back from the larger of the independent stores in my local area (GW will most likely never be building a store here) and had a interesting conversation.

This is now three different times, but each of the senior staff has been talking to their GW rep and each comes back with the same story, every time: Chaos Dwarfs in late 2009 (Fall).

As it is seems the lineup is as follows: Vampire Counts, Chaos (Summer), possibly Skaven, 2009 is tentative for Dark Elves, Brets, the Chaos Dwarfs.

So the rumors that others have heard are now starting to pop up elsewhere; IIRC Xander heard pretty much the same thing. Xander correct me if I’m wrong.

However, as I said to the guys “I’ll believe it when I see it”. So this goes back to my original stance, hopeful, but doubting it highly.

So chalk this one up to the “take it with a grain of salt” or “you can’t believe everything you see/read on the internet, hear, etc…”. :slight_smile: Also I’d liek to point out Fall 2009 is a long way off, anything can happen.

As a side note did anyone see the latest American WD? A squat made honorable mention in the Chicago GD painting competition! Anything can happen apparently!

Pyro Stick:

Im looking forward to Chaos and Skaven. That should keep me going until chaos dwarfs get released. Also i have a whole army of them to paint as well so i dont mind waiting.

WarplockMonkey:

Gah! When are lizardmen being re vamped?

Pyro Stick:

Gah! When are lizardmen being re vamped?

WarplockMonkey
Hopefully not anytime soon. Other amries deserve more attention than lizardmen. The newest additions of them cant be that old.

grunts:

skaven? whats wrong with skaven? they’re a great army, why redo them? (well, besides the oogly plastic clanrats)

zagor66:

skaven? whats wrong with skaven? they're a great army, why redo them? (well, besides the oogly plastic clanrats)

grunts
Thats why and because they will most probably introduce more plastic and less metal like other armies and why chaos , just a few models that should be redesigned the daemons but there already doing them and finally on the Dark elves , they need it.:hat off:hat off

wallacer:

Dark Elves desperately need an update.

Lizardmen not so much.

Touchwood for the CD in 2009.

Canix:

Its a long way off but better late than never,i�will be ready for anything by then:hat

Willmark:

skaven? whats wrong with skaven? they're a great army, why redo them? (well, besides the oogly plastic clanrats)

grunts
What's wrong? Have you ever played against the Skaven "gunline of death"????? Or those damn gattling guns. Cheese has never been ad finely aged as when Skaven are afoot. Add to the fact that skaven players seem to be the luckiest die rollers ever born.

Sometimes they make the empire gunline look like its shooting air pellets...

wallacer:

Skaven aren’t really a bad list, they’re just too easy to exploit.

Upping the cost of ratling guns (or changing their rules) and removing the AP from Jezzails would help.

Bill-117:

Chaos gets new plastic daemonettes.

No boobs, nothing sexy AT ALL, and their heads look like the skinned a chicken from the ass and glued it to their scalps…

Willmark:

Skaven aren't really a bad list, they're just too easy to exploit.
Upping the cost of ratling guns (or changing their rules) and removing the AP from Jezzails would help.

wallacer
Yup. Cheese ironic that they are Skaven and cheesy.
Upping the cost of ratling guns (or changing their rules)

wallacer
Jezzails have been a problem in every revision to the game IMHO.

Tallhat:

I am with you on this one Willmark. Ill believe we get a book when i see. Never else. As for the Skaven, they definetly need an update. The current list has nothing of the things in it that you would consider typical Skaven. Wehre is teh Low LD troops that run whenever the going gets just a little tough? Where are teh Warmachines that are so unrelilable that it could blow up most og your army? Where is the skaven army that we all knew and loved in 5th edition?

- Tallhat

wallacer:

I thought VC, Dark Elves and Daemons were next anyway?

I can’t imagine the rats getting redone for a while yet.

Bill-117:

Yeah. Rats got their boosters in Lustria a while back, same with Lizzies.

Although, so did pointytops, so perhaps it’s time…

Uzkul Werit:

Brets eh? I’m suprised that they’re being done so early. Perhaps a certain winged unit might be getting a nerf. As for the Dark Elves, they’re being pushed back a little. Mind you, Chaos is most likely being done off the back of the 40K Daemon Codex.

Willmark:

you might be able to swap Lizards for Brets in 2009. Who knows. Again this is conjecture at this stage as we are unlikey to know the exact lineup till we get closer. point to take is everywhere I’ve heard it is CDs in late 2009.

Bill-117:

marks calendar Yayayayayayayayayay… :hashut :hashut :hashut

wallacer:

point to take is everywhere I've heard it is CDs in late 2009.

Willmark
We'll all be crossing our fingers for that, then.

Bill-117:

Yep. finger cross