[Archive] Something Chaos Dwarfy this way comes

Arlon:

well a new book means new models and 5-6 special charecters

i would love to see them

hat fanatic:

This is great news if it is true and you heard it a few times so it has a better

chance of happening.

even though 2009 is a long way off…

Kera foehunter:

Well i can wait.2009 i also heard that too from some where else.

** saga 1 the new hope**

Nazhur:

Anything new is good but as several others, I�m not holding my breath. Only thing I think I will not like if we get a update/new army book (please, dont throw rocks at me) is that my nice hats will go away. But thats it :slight_smile: Everything else would be super.

D’dos Croizii:

A new Chaos Dwarf range would be nice, and very interesting to see how they redo the Chaos Stunties (in comparison the Masks/Hats/Helms) which they’ve been done in over the years and how they weave the re-emergence of the Chaos Dwarfs into the lore.

Willmark:

I’d specifically like to know what Xander heard. As his comments regarding this very thing seem to allude to much the same things I’ve been hearing. Xander care to elaborate?

Also cant stress it enough: “It ain’t over till its over”, so in other words lets actually see it before getting excited!

AGPO:

skaven? whats wrong with skaven? they're a great army, why redo them? (well, besides the oogly plastic clanrats)

grunts
Because luck comes into a Skaven army more than any other. If it comes off theres nothing a good general can do. If it goes spectacularly wrong then the game is over by turn two. Either way it sucks for your opponent

wallacer:

At least if there are no new miniatures for CD until 2009 I might manage to get my current pile of CD painted.

Bill-117:

Yeah. And we can still convert. :smiley:

ashur:

Praise Hashut and sadly also GW. Even with those rumors each time more precise, it seems like they will never arrive.

Looking forward to VC.

Bill-117:

VC < CD. :h

Ronshank:

Jezzails have been a problem in every revision to the game IMHO.

Willmark
I blame the fact that sculpters/cartoonists who are good at guys and muscles are very very seldom good at females. not too sure why though. Works the other way too femanine centric cartoonists (& co) never seem able to pull off anything masculine either. (think back to dragonball z and saliormoon for example)

As for 2009 i'd love to have new rules but I'm mixed about new models. Its daunting and overly long to make them yourselves but then you get to choose how you think they should look and the army becomes much more personal (even if you never have a chance to play with them). Though on the other hand you could get going right away so more players. Stil I'd love it to happen.

Willmark:

Jezzails have been a problem in every revision to the game IMHO.

Willmark
I blame the fact that sculpters/cartoonists who are good at guys and muscles are very very seldom good at females. not too sure why though. Works the other way too femanine centric cartoonists (& co) never seem able to pull off anything masculine either. (think back to dragonball z and saliormoon for example).

Ronshank
Umm I was referring to the rules surrounding the jezzails rather then the look of the models.

Ronshank:

:o mmmmm maybe I should have directed that more at Bill 117

Tallhat:

There are way more unbalanced things in the Skaven list than the Jezzails. LD 10 horde army? Come now.

- Tallhat

Willmark:

I agree ratling guns being beyond rediculous. Jezzails are just a point or example of how GW keeps screwinh up the rats time and time again. Me alone with the things the add the remove at will from the list: Screaming bell or doomwheel anyone?

wallacer:

The real problem is that GW seems to assume that gamers are mature enough to build balanced lists for their and their opponent’s mutual enjoyment.

What GW doesn’t seem to grasp is that if they make a list which can be cheesed out then people will cheese it out.

Willmark:

On come on Wallacer we all know gamers always strive to build fair and balanced lists… Yeah right! :slight_smile:

wallacer:

You’re right, Willmark.

It was an uncharacteristic display of cynicism and it won’t happen again.

honest.

Bill-117:

:o mmmmm maybe I should have directed that more at Bill 117

Ronshank
Wussawut? What'd I do? I'm just a poor stunty in the corner.. :s