[Archive] Something to build towards - 2k CD's

Naughty-Dwarf:

I was thinking something like the following for my army, but I have never done more than read the rules once toward actually having any fantasy experience, so all comments will be greatly appreciated.

Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer Lord: 280 pts
-Level 4
-Amulet of Preservation
-Power Stone
-Ruby Ring of Ruin

----------

Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer: 140 pts
-Level 2
-Dispel Scroll
-Ironcurse Icon

Chaos Dwarf Hero: 135 pts
-BSB
-Armour of Destiny

----------

Chaos Dwarf Warriors (22): 321 pts
-Blunderbuss
-Full Command
-Banner of the Eternal Flame

Chaos Dwarf Warriors (25): 295 pts
-Great Weapon
-Standard & Musician

Chaos Dwarf Warriors (25): 295 pts
-Great Weapon
-Standard & Musician

Hobgoblins (20): 50 pts
-Musician

Hobgoblins (20): 50 pts
-Musician

Hobgoblins (10): 170 pts
-Bows / Light Armour / Shield
-Wolf
-Musician

----------

Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower (2): 60 pts

----------

Earthshaker: 110 pts
Earthshaker: 110 pts

----------

Total:1966 pts

Baggronor:

Razor Standard doesn’t work for shooting, the default for armour piercing is melee. Flaming attacks do though.

Other than that, looks good. What Lore for the Sorcerers?

Naughty-Dwarf:

Ah, that is too bad about the razor standard - so by saying flaming attacks do though you’re saying the banner of eternal flame would be a good choice?

I don’t know what lore I am going to give them, what do you think is a good choice for the army build?

This leaves me with 34 points (if I change the standard), what should I use them on do you think?

Baggronor:

I think Shadow is actually the best all-round Lore for CDs; the default spell is brilliant for evening up the odds against scary enemies and also allows you to slow down another unit. Pit of Shades deals with dirty targets like Hydras nicely. The free teleport is also handy if you have a couple of characters to swap places with. I would say try Shadow for the Lv4 and either Fire or Metal for the lv2. Fire is nice and simple, and Metal gives you a way of dealing with Knights and STanks. Both Lores have good signature spells, and these are what you want for the lv2 so he is reliable. Lore of Death is also good, as his base Ld is 9, making him very good with Spirit Leech. Death and Shadow are a good combo in general anyway.

Regarding the remaining points, I would drop the Ruby Ring (just not that great in my experience) and that gives you 59pts for a third unit of Hobgoblins maybe? Or perhaps upgrade one Warrior block to Black Orcs or one Hobgoblin block to Sneaky Gits?

I’m not sure that many bolt throwers are needed either, perhaps drop two for a Death Rocket? 3 stone throwers is getting nasty though, you may not make many friends lol.