[Archive] soon to be discontinued paints

Pyro Stick:

Whats all this stuff about chinese?

Canix:

Somebodies poisonous toys including��beads that contained the date rape drug .Had kids dropping like flys when they wet them��to get them to stick��together.But chineses manufacturing is the multinational slave workhouse of the 21st century .Little health and safety so its like a big chaos dwarf factory of poisonous fumes like the west was (still is)

Kera foehunter:

HA ha another plan from the man to keep us down!!! All house in america before 1983 have lead paint in there houses. Most old figures where lead. All the toys you played with when you where young had lead paint . Even gasoline had lead in it but it saver with benzine in it now.

angryboy2k:

I felt terracotta was a godsend when it was introduced and used it a lot for bases and beastmen. Also, this is not a classic colour, I think it's probably not older than 5-6 years or so. A shame they take it out of production!

Ishkur Cinderhat
It was a classic from the Space Marine paint set, released in oh... 1989 or 1990. Then it was dropped from the range and brought back later.
HA ha another plan from the man to keep us down!!!!! All house in america before 1983 have lead paint in there houses. Most old figures where lead. All the toys you played with when you where young had lead paint . Even gasoline had lead in it but it saver with benzine in it now.

Kera foehunter
Never lived in America.
Never ate my old figures.
Most of my toys WERE figures.
I've never been in the habit of drinking gasoline quite as much as I am in the habit of ingesting my paint.

Either way, Chinese paint = no purchase from me. You have NO idea what they might put in it when they decide to cut corners and save a few yuan on binder or pigment. I hear all kinds of stories coming out of China (and it can't all be Taiwanese propaganda); stuff like soy sauce made from rendered-down human hair, baby milk powder with rat poison in it, toxic food colorings, meat products made from animals that had been culled due to disease...

Quality control just doesn't exist there. Aside from the risk of poisoning yourself you might end with crappy paint that turns white after a year or so (like some Ral Partha paint I used once).

Steve

Kera foehunter:

Make a stand my man. Dont eat your paint no more !!!join the non paint eaters.

we here your crys

AGPO:

Well I am not regularly eating my paint, are you?? :o

Seems like I will have to secure myself a stockpile of terracotta and brazen brass!

Ishkur Cinderhat
Same here, they're the only ones I'll really miss, but they're the main two colours I use for my chaos dwarfs! I'll stockpile terracotta - two more pots will see me through current projects and any futu additions to them. I thought if one metalic colour would die it would be dwarf bronze

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Either way, Chinese paint = no purchase from me. You have NO idea what they might put in it when they decide to cut corners and save a few yuan on binder or pigment. I hear all kinds of stories coming out of China (and it can't all be Taiwanese propaganda); stuff like [...]

angryboy2k
Actually I believe there is some Taiwanese propaganda in it. A large company like Games Workshop has quality control systems in place to make sure they won't face customer claims after sales.

I am in the import business for five years now and most of the stuff our customers buy comes from China. If one doesn't make regular tests and QC audits, you end up buying total crap. Games Workshop can't afford to do that.

AGPO:

I’m with Ishkur, whether or not China has quality control, you can be damn sure the UK and GW do - its not worth the risk to the firm’s reputation

angryboy2k:

Just in case anyone was unaware, I did say “Taiwanese propaganda” because that’s where I live, and we occasionally get news items about the latest horrific food scandal over on the mainland. However, the news in the English media obviously isn’t Taiwanese propaganda. Recently we’ve had a slew of Chinese manufactured toys containing lead and leaded paint, pet food from China that killed pets, and the most recent incident as Canix mentioned earlier, is a child’s toy that contains a cheaper (non-authorized) replacement for some innocuous chemical in the coloring, which unfortunately is metabolized by the body into something resembling rohypnol (hence my joke earlier in the thread).

Of course, the fact that we know about these things is because the firms in question had quality controls in place - but it should also be obvious that the damn things reached the market first. By the time GW notice the cadmium in the yellow paint that this dumbass eats off his brush it might be too late for me.

:slight_smile:

Steve

Pyro Stick:

Just remembered that my 3000 Tomb King army is out the window now without Brown Ink. When they stop making Inks thats the end of GW for me.

Grongi Blackbeard:

aww no! anyone else use chesnut ink for their gold? i even use it (the ink. not the gold)for my hobbos! guess i’ll just have to stop using ink…

:frowning: stupid GW:~

Pyro Stick:

All gold i do on anything gets a chestnut inking.

zagor66:

You can still make your own inks , but not as good quality.

Kera foehunter:

well you can get inks at any art supply stores even chestnut ink !