[Archive] Sorc. Mount base questions

Blackspine:

Ahoy all.

Quick question; what are the base sizes of

Lamassu: 50 x 50 mm?

Great Taurus: 50x50 mm? (thought it was a chariot base, but saw otherwise)

Bale Taurus: ? Chariot?

sorry if it’s been discussed in other places, but I searched and couldn’t find it.

thanks

Da Crusha:

yes, lammasu and great Taurus are on 50mm x 50mm bases. the bale Taurus I believe is on a 100mm x 150mm base.

MLP:

Well there’s no new Lammasu model and I believe the old one is on a 50x50.

Great Taurus and Bale Taurus both use the same model and are on a 50x100 I believe.

Da Crusha:

there is no new Great Taurus model so thats why I believe it is still on a 50mm base. I dont have the new bale Taurus model so someone with the model will have to confirm.

MLP:

there is no new Great Taurus model so thats why I believe it is still on a 50mm base. I dont have the new bale Taurus model so someone with the model will have to confirm.

Da Crusha
Ah good point, I thought it said on the Warhammer Forge website it could be used as a Great Taurus but it was about the Drazhoath model being used as a Bale Taurus.

deadlydeceiver:

Well, GWs Lammasu and Great Taurus are on 50x50mm. So that’s what I use for them.

The Bale Taurus is on a 60x100mm base (Screaming Bell Base)… yes, I own the model ^^

DD

Da Crusha:

Well, GWs Lammasu and Great Taurus are on 50x50mm. So that's what I use for them.
The Bale Taurus is on a 60x100mm base (Screaming Bell Base)... yes, I own the model ^^

DD

deadlydeceiver
very interesting, I always thought it was on the humongous 100x 150.

Blackspine:

ah.

Thanks for the info guys.

Really, It behooves us to have it on a larger base with the burning/pre-combat goodness.

Thanks!

furrie:

Ahoy all.

Quick question; what are the base sizes of

Lamassu: 50 x 50 mm?
Great Taurus: 50x50 mm? (thought it was a chariot base, but saw otherwise)
  Bale Taurus: ? Chariot?

sorry if it's been discussed in other places, but I searched and couldn't find it.

thanks

Blackspine
My great taurus is on a 40X40 base, as the old metal ones came with a 40X40 the new finecast however comes with a 50X50 base

Blackspine:

That’s kind of an odd line.

I have the old metal Manticore, and he’s on a small base, yet the new one comes with the chariot base.

I’ve asked Tournament organizers which base I should have, and most tend to say the old base. (i bring a backup base in case)

really, with the manticore, it’s a moot point as he’s dead turn to to any shooting