[Archive] Sorcerer on Lammasu WIP

Lord Darkash:

WOW :0 Truely the lord of the hats! this guy is awesome! the sculpting makes me jealous! and i cant even compare to my converted sorcerer cos i aint got a digi camera, needless to say yours is better! I bet this guy needs both hands to raise that bad boy of a hat up! :hat off

Xander:

Looking awesome so far, man! Can’t wait to see where that head ends up. :slight_smile:

Well done!

hal:

That hat is amazing!

Ghrask Dragh:

I know I said I was going to be working on something else but once I started the face I just couldn’t help myself, the story so far…

The face is pretty much finished (as Uzkul has said I’m prone to changing my mind) but I’ve run out of GS, so I’m going to go get some tomorow!! All thats left is the beard and hair, horns, wings and some chains around his feet.

The next post will be the finished product!!

The Flying Beaver:

I see some potential in this guy! Can’t wait for the finished product.

Canix:

Thats all amazing work there Ghrask Dragh:hat off. Ace hat, nice to see the face taking shape in stages its a lesson in how to use gs .Have you mutated fingers is that the secret to the smoothness of you gs work ,or have you made lots of sacrifices to hashut:hashut

balck ork:

wow. that is very nice work on that.but one question what is the main body made up of of the lamusu

cornixt:

That is one mean looking face!

Uzkul Werit:

Awwww. He looks sweet. :smiley:

Will you be adding a beard or anything?

Ghrask Dragh:

The beard and hair are being done as we speak!

Look what came this morning…

At last I can start some proper units rathaer than just a hero or two!! When I get these finished I will have 25(including 5 from the remainder of the first GW box set I ever bought) warriors. With them and my Sorcerer Lord I will start an army [blog] in the showcase section.

hal:

It’s great to see this guy develop, looking forward to the finished thing.

Uzkul Werit:

Dude … I hate you and your big hat plastics with a passion. :smiley:

Ghrask Dragh:

Black Ork:
one question what is the main body made up of of the lamusu
Sorry I did not answer in my last post!
The main body is from the original 4th Ed Lammasu...
http://obsidianhalls.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/
as is the sorcerer!

Ghrask Dragh:

I have finished it for now.

I am not going to paint it straight away as I am going to be busy painting these guys…

I have these and some hobgoblins to paint ready for my 500pts to take to Games Day. Which also leaves me time to think of anything else I might want to add (to the base in particular) and of course to take on board any of your suggestions!

C&C welcome.

PS: My apologies for the quality of the pics, will take lighter ones before I paint it but you can see everything you need to for now.

ad4191:

AWESOME! Just pure awesome! lol. i bin lurking round these forums the for a little while now and its work like this thats inspiring me to get back into the whole miniatures thing!

Yay! First post!

Hashut’s Blessing:

Wow. That face has been sculpted most excellently indeed! I thought it would be good anyway, but you have surpassed my expectations. It also fits REALLY well with the body. Are those the original wings? Also, with the rider, it still looks great! A lot of the time, the rider and mount seem not to fit with each other aesthetically. Kudos!

cornixt:

I think those a Belakor wings. It looks great, can’t wait to see it painted.

minty:

hi, can I steal your Idea?

Ishkur Cinderhat:

This model turned out great. Can’t wait to see it painted! :slight_smile:

Ghrask Dragh:

AWESOME! Just pure awesome! lol. i bin lurking round these forums the for a little while now and its work like this thats inspiring me to get back into the whole miniatures thing!
That's made my day! Welcome, hope to see your stuff soon!

HBs:They are BeLakor wings. I was looking for some wings to match the pose of the Mark Gibbons sketch, all I took fron the sketch in the end was the wing-shape, the fact it's walking along and not taking off/flying or whatever the original was doing? and that it had a really grumpy face!

Thanks for Comments guys!