[Archive] Sorcerer Prophet magic items

RichardC1967:

I was playing around with Army Builder and came up with this combo(not sure if its been discussed before) but what are you’re opinions on this set-up in small games with minimal warmachines.

Sorceror Prophet

Lore of Hashut

Arabyan Carpet

Talisman Preservation

Enchanted shield

Darkforged weapon

Blood of Hashut

Naptha bomb

pistol

he has a 2+ armor save, 4+ ward save, can fly, two nasty HTH weapons(if needed), and 2 decent short ranged weapons.He’s 440pts

gIL^:

I go with :

Enchanted shield

Talisman Preservation

Earthing rod

a cool 375 :smiley: Earthing rod is a must!

CopperPot:

Blood of Hashut is to good to leave out on my Sorcerer.

RichardC1967:

I go with :

Enchanted shield
Talisman Preservation
Earthing rod

a cool 375 :D Earthing rod is a must!

gIL^
so no Arabyan carpet?..is it best just to stick him in a large unit of Ironsworn for protection?

Da Crusha:

I go with :

Enchanted shield
Talisman Preservation
Earthing rod

gIL^
so no Arabyan carpet?..is it best just to stick him in a large unit of Ironsworn for protection?

RichardC1967
or Infernal guards. he isnt so dainty like other wizards. Toughness 5 with a 2+ armour save and 4+ wardsave makes him pretty survivable.

MLP:

I was playing around with Army Builder and came up with this combo(not sure if its been discussed before) but what are you're opinions on this set-up in small games with minimal warmachines.

Sorceror Prophet
Lore of Hashut
Arabyan Carpet
Talisman Preservation
Enchanted shield
Darkforged weapon
Blood of Hashut
Naptha bomb
pistol  

he has a 2+ armor save,  4+ ward save, can fly, two nasty HTH weapons(if needed), and 2 decent short ranged weapons.He's 440pts

RichardC1967
Although he is tough, I don't think he'll be able to kill much. His Darkforged weapon is too random to rely on and Blood of Hashut is only good against armoured opponents.

I can see him being good against small units, warmahcines, chariots, single armoured characters. But there are other things in the army that can do this better for less points I reckon.

Personally I think he's good either in a unit of Infernals with earthing rod or on his own/ by warmachines without earthing rod.

KramDratta:

There’s also the problem that a Dragonhelm is very common on characters, which gives a 2+ Ward Save against the Blood Of Hashut.

The Besieger:

There's also the problem that a Dragonhelm is very common on characters, which gives a 2+ Ward Save against the Blood Of Hashut.

KramDratta
Yes true :)
Or with The Other Trickster's Shard there is a new change to roll a 1 :)

gIL^:

I go with :

Enchanted shield
Talisman Preservation
Earthing rod

gIL^

RichardC1967
I put him in a unit of 28 infernal guard with a castellan.