[Archive] Soviet Space Marines - an OT Blog

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Hi guys and girls! :hat off

I thought I’d show you my idea of a 40K army.

In the future, the loyal remnats of the former Soviet Union banded together and left planet Earth to start their own colony on another planet with the idea to re-establish the former communist way and to rebuild the once powerful Soviet Empire.

Through the eons, they found a suitible red planet and built their space stations on it. They preferred using the enhanced alien red iron ore that the planet was rich in to build their armour, buildings and space ships with because it was of a superior quality and strength unmatched by earthly irons.

The strange red plant and animal life on the planet also contributed to the Soviet Space Marine’s growth and strength. Because of the superior food, they became a stronger race, growing to 7 feet in height and muscletone.

Now, in the 40K century, the Soviet Space Marines are once again a force to be reconed with!

A Standard Soviet Space Marine (Games Workshop)

Tarrakk Blackhand:

The Devistator Squad (Nexxus/Italiari XXX Century Warriors)

Zanko:

Nice guys … I always believed that the communism would/will rule the entire universe! :stuck_out_tongue:

:hashut

Thorne:

Why not Tau Sov ? Id think it woudl fit well and possibly you coudl use them as stealth suits ?

apocalypstia:

Good looking unit and Marine. Nice touch with the fluff and concepts. Looking forward to seeing the force at its full contingent should be quite a sight to behold.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Love the idea. For some reason I always imagined soviet marines in white with a red star, must have something to do with my fondness of the Russian tanks in Battlezone back in the 90ies. ^^ But red is really the classic colour that should go with them.

Is there some more written on the marine, like a “sa Stalina”? :wink: I can only see the “sa” on the shoulder.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Just the “Sa”. When I looked it up in my russian/english dictionary, the definition it gave was “3a=go”. When I look on the old WWII airplanes, “3a=For” in English. I don’t know which is right.

And the latter makes more sense as it would be “For Stalin” instead of “Go Stalin”.

White wariors with red stars also could work, however, those colours were used when the Russians were fighting in the snow. Other colours were green and tan.

Kera foehunter:

what no number 13

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

GRNDL:

Spaciba

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

tjub:

Just the "Sa". When I looked it up in my russian/english dictionary, the definition it gave was "3a=go". When I look on the old WWII airplanes, "3a=For" in English. I don't know which is right.

And the latter makes more sense as it would be "For Stalin" instead of "Go Stalin".

White wariors with red stars also could work, however, those colours were used when the Russians were fighting in the snow. Other colours were green and tan.

Tarrakk Blackhand
Im rather sure its "for" thou im not russian, so I might be wrong. Id go dark green with red stars and white slogans... But these are cool too! :P

Btw, the sergeant screams Red Scorpion!

Tarrakk Blackhand:

He does look like Dolph. I also think Duke Knukem was also based on Dolph though…so we could be talking about the same guy! :smiley:

starscream:

haha, Red Scorpion!! that takes me back.

This is the first time I’ve seen someone using the Em4 Space Rangers, very interesting. Are you using enamels as they look very shiney?

GRNDL:

@Tarrack

At first, I was a bit skeptical about the colour scheme. Don’t get me wrong, its fine for spazz marines, but there’s a strange quality to the orangy-red that I could quite put my finger on. After a lot of incidental thought, I thought you might be going for that strange colour quality that you get when looking at pictures from the Cold War era where every colour is a bit off from what you might expect.

Was this an inspiration?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/eb/Russian_space_suit_2.jpg