[Archive] "SPIEL" exhibition in Germany 22.-25. October

Zanko:

Will anyone of CDO will come to the exhibition “SPIEL” at 22.-25.October in Essen? :cheers

:hashut

Kera foehunter:

well if you pick me up again we can go !!

slev:

If only I had the money!

clam:

So Zanko, did you go - and if so: ‘how good was it?’

Zanko:

Hi clam!

Yes I went to the SPIEL (like the last years) but this year I was frustrating! :frowning:

There were only few stalls ( is this the right word?) with miniatures … also only few RPG stuff! This year was the first year (I can remember) without GW!

The LARP gamers were the “real winner” for them there were more than enough stuff!

So as a conclusion this year the SPIEL was for me a disappointment!

slev:

I saw all the photos of cool stuff from SPIEL over on Boardgamegeek. It looked like it was awesome!

Gar Shadowfame:

GW cuts on organiseing stuff, they canceled Polish Golden Demon, thus some guy made quite proffesional “The Slayer of Demons” contest :smiley:

Zanko:

@ slev: Don´t misunderstand me. The Exibition was very impressive with many different games and lots of visitors.

But in the last years there were more of Fantasy stuff (miniaturs and RPG stuff) and there were less visitors (at least at sunday). So for me the

SPIEL was this year a disappointing event … perhaps next year there will be more fantasy stuff again!