[Archive] [split] Lore of Hashut

Jangrim:

bring them over too ! Jamgrim  the more the merrier i say

Kera foehunter
Heya guys, not sure where I can post this. Probably better make a thread later... but for now, one of the highlights of our list: THE LORE OF HASHUT. Say what you think. Our initial ideas for the lore were that we'd have a mixture of destructive spells and friendly spells. All of the spells are taken from the older spells from the original Lore of Hashut and revamped. Think of combinations, a Chaos Dwarf warrior unit with frenzy :cheers with a sorcerer that can also use a flaming teardrop template on anything that they can't charge :D. Anyway... look for yourselves :)

Hopefully I'll get some more of our guys onto CDO, one of them already is :).

Jangrim

Kera foehunter:

So is the first pages of many ??

JMS:

personally, I think your spells are too unreliable or too weak.

i.e. not dealing out enough damage, or there is too much luck involved.

Thommy H:

Some interesting phrasing in these rules. The breath weapon attack comes from his base? Where else would it come from?

Jangrim:

Some interesting phrasing in these rules. The breath weapon attack comes from his base? Where else would it come from?

Thommy H
Uhuh, I should have specified that, it comes from his base. It proves pretty handy against empire halberdiers :D

Jangrim:

Thommy H
Uhuh, I should have specified that, it comes from his base. It proves pretty handy against empire halberdiers :D

Jangrim
#oh Lol, I know what you mean. I guess that with dwarfs and flamecannons.... extra insurance against people wanting an Uber 24" flame attack :P

Jangrim:

JMS
I agree, it is something I will be raising at my team's next meeting, particularly spell number 6 given that on average it will kill 2 people, cast on a 12 :S

Jangrim:

So is the first pages of many ??

Kera foehunter
uhuh :D in fact, today I shall upload our proto list and Daemon weapons :D

Jangrim:

JMS
I agree, it is something I will be raising at my team's next meeting, particularly spell number 6 given that on average it will kill 2 people, cast on a 12 :S

Jangrim
I have been considering... if the shadow bull did impact hits in the way that a chariot does and then overruns 3D6", if this is insufficient to reach another enemy unit then the spell ends, if it isn't rinse and repeat :D

Jangrim:

JMS

Jangrim
I have been considering... if the shadow bull did impact hits in the way that a chariot does and then overruns 3D6", if this is insufficient to reach another enemy unit then the spell ends, if it isn't rinse and repeat :D

Jangrim
Here's a rules update for Spell Number 6:

Shadows of Hashut:
The air around the sorcerer grows cold and a shadowy form begins to coalesce next to him. It forms the visage of Hashut the mighty God of the Chaos Dwarfs. With a deafening roar, the shadow bull charges out reaping havoc and destruction on all in its path.
The shadow bull crashes into a unit within 18�?� of the caster doing 2D6 strength 4 impact hits in the same way as a chariot with no armour saves allowed. After the impact hits are resolved, the Bull may overrun 3D6�?� in the same way as if it destroyed the entire unit. Upon contact with another enemy unit the Bull once again does impact hits at 2D6 strength 4 with no armour saves allowed. The Bull may overrun an infinite number of times. The spell ends when the Bull fails to contact an additional enemy unit as a result of its overrun move.

What does everybody think? Does the wording make sense?

Thommy H:

Impact hits don’t make sense in that context. An impact hit is an automatic hit made in close combat that occurs before blows are struck. Just because the spells effect feels like it’s a close combat attack doesn’t mean that it is.

Try this:

“Draw a line 18” in any direction from the caster. The first unit in the line’s path takes 2D6 Strength 4 hits with no armour save allowed. If the entire unit is destroyed, continue to trace a line in the same direction 3D6", and resolve the effect on a second unit if it is in the line of the path. The spectre may continue to affect further units in the same line as long as it destroys the previous unit. The spell will end when it runs out of targets, or hits impassable terrain."

Jangrim:

Impact hits don't make sense in that context. An impact hit is an automatic hit made in close combat that occurs before blows are struck. Just because the spells effect feels like it's a close combat attack doesn't mean that it is.

Try this:

"Draw a line 18" in any direction from the caster. The first unit in the line's path takes 2D6 Strength 4 hits with no armour save allowed. If the entire unit is destroyed, continue to trace a line in the same direction 3D6", and resolve the effect on a second unit if it is in the line of the path. The spectre may continue to affect further units in the same line as long as it destroys the previous unit. The spell will end when it runs out of targets, or hits impassable terrain."

Thommy H
Excellent! :D thank you very much :D:D. The updated lore should be being posted tomorrow morning some time. Any other spells that you think should be altered in particular?

Jangrim:

THE ALTAR OF HASHUT!

The altar of Hashut is an anvil of doom like upgrade for a sorcerer. The Altar is a sacrificial altar which sacrifces D6 slaves per turn resulting in D6 extra power dice, any number of which may be used to cast an individual spell or many spells. The altar also allows the sorcerer to cast the same spell twice in the same phase.

What do you guys think? How many points for it? I wager 100pts

Thommy H:

Here’s how I’d phrase these spells (not commenting on the rules here):

Flames of Azgorh (Remains in play)

The caster gains a Strength 3 Flaming breath weapon that may be used in his shooting phase.

Lava Storm

Magic missile with a range of 24". Hits are resolved in the same manner as a bolt thrower (Strength 6, no armour save, penetrates ranks).

Doomroar (Remains in play)

May be cast on any friendly unit. If the unit is within 12", they are subject to Frenzy. A unit that is already Frenzied gains a further +1 Attack but suffers 2D6 Strength 3 hits as the magical energies take their toll on their constitutions. If cast on a lone character, only D6 Strength 3 hits are suffered.

Sorcerer’s Curse

May be cast on a single enemy model [range?]. The model must roll equal to or under its Toughness on a D6 or be immediately removed as a casualty with no saves of any kind allowed. A roll of ‘1’ always fails.

Ash Cloud

Magic missile. [Range?]. The target unit suffers 7D6 Strength 1 hits with no armour saves allowed.

Shadows of Hashut

(See post above)

Eruption

Place the large 5" blast template anywhere on the battlefield (it does not have to be in line of sight of the caster). Anyone hit by the template suffers a Strength 5 flaming hit.

Spirit of Hashut

All Chaos Dwarf units on the battlefield are affected by the same effects as the Doomroar spell (see above).

Jangrim:

Thanks so much guys for your help :smiley: here is an updated version of the Lore of Hashut. I am considering changing the rules of a few spells, namely the ash cloud spell and perhaps removing the restricted lore section. More posts later on today for the lore and hopefully the core list I have written. What does everyone think of my idea for the altar of Hashut?

Thommy H:

I don’t really get the “D6 for D6” mechanic for it. You sacrifice D6 slaves to get D6 extra power dice? So are there limited slaves? Why do you have to sacrifice a random number - don’t they know how many they’re killing?

Maybe something like sacrificing one slave per turn would work (assuming slaves are part of the unit and maybe you can purchase more), with a random effect that gets better the more slaves you sacrifice? So, say it’s a D6 roll, with 4 getting you +1 to Dispel, 5 getting you +1 to cast and 6 adding a power dice. Then each extra slave sacrificed gives a +1 modifier to the roll.

Jangrim:

I don't really get the "D6 for D6" mechanic for it. You sacrifice D6 slaves to get D6 extra power dice? So are there limited slaves? Why do you have to sacrifice a random number - don't they know how many they're killing?

Maybe something like sacrificing one slave per turn would work (assuming slaves are part of the unit and maybe you can purchase more), with a random effect that gets better the more slaves you sacrifice? So, say it's a D6 roll, with 4 getting you +1 to Dispel, 5 getting you +1 to cast and 6 adding a power dice. Then each extra slave sacrificed gives a +1 modifier to the roll.

Thommy H
The idea behind D6 for D6 is that the number of slaves that you sacrifice directly corresponds with the amount of extra casting dice you get i.e. 5 slaves sacrificed= 5 more casting dice. There was not a limited number of slaves for that idea.

Originally my idea was that you could buy a certain number of slaves for the altar and that you could sacrifice as many of them as you liked in a turn for extra power dice. So perhaps you could buy say, 15 slaves to sacrifice throughout the battle which would give an effect of some sort.

Maybe you could sacrifice each slave differently which would get a different effect. Perhaps sacrificing them for protection would give dispel dice and sacrificing them for offense would give casting dice.

What do you think?

Thommy H:

Why roll two D6 then? If it’s D6 for D6, just say that it generates D6 extra power dice a turn.

Jangrim:

Why roll two D6 then? If it's D6 for D6, just say that it generates D6 extra power dice a turn.

Thommy H
lol, that was just my bad wording. We haven't committed the altar to full rule form as of yet.

Jangrim:

One of the defining things I wanted Chaos Dwarfs to have in my list was the fact that they did not have runes (no ancestor gods taught them) but that they daemon inscribed weapons. On that note I present my unfinished first part of the Chaos Dwarf Armoury with Daemon inscriptions. As yet, I haven’t added the rules for Nurgle daemons being bound, nor have all of the inscriptions been thoroughly playtested.

Enjoy and feed back :cheers